Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 07-26-2021, 10:56 PM   #1
alumcantandthd

Default '32 Roadster Cartouche interiors

Anybody out there have a Deuce Roadster that has a Cartouche interior kit in it?
Could sent me some good pictures of it, please?
Thanks.
alumcantandthd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2021, 12:49 AM   #2
alumcantandthd

Default Re: '32 Roadster Cartouche interiors

Anyone, please?
Old 08-04-2021, 01:01 AM   #3
deuce lover

Try posting your request on the HAMB also.There is a restored '32 roadster listed on the Hemmings Website with excellent pics of the uph.Its not Cartouche but that will give you something to go by if you find an upholsterer do do your car.You can buy just the panel set and have your guy do it.'32 roadsters are not complicated. 25 Years ago I bought a Cartouche kit for my '32 tudor.Wasn't right on but it fit fine.
deuce lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2021, 11:46 PM   #4
alumcantandthd

Thanks. I'm looking to see what a Cartouche interior kit actually looks like in a '32 Roadster.

The only pictures I could find was what 'generic' pictures are in the Fabric Samples folder they sent me.

I'll post over on the HAMB, see what they say.
Old 08-05-2021, 05:07 AM   #5
deuce lover

Maybe call Cartouche and get a reference to a previous order.Apparently no one here has with a '32 roadster bought their kit. Try also the V8 Club Website and start a discussion on the '32 Forum.

Last edited by deuce lover; 08-05-2021 at 05:13 AM.
deuce lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2021, 08:34 PM   #6
alumcantandthd

The V8 Club website, has a members only secret code to register. I tried registering several times, I was rejected each time, so I gave up. > PM'd a couple of members and asked if they would ask/post the question for me. Neither one responded to me. So that only leaves the Barn and HAMB. I posted over on the HAMB, but haven't generated any replies yet. > ANY correspondence to Cartouche, get directed to Mac's or Joe's. Joe's is the one that sent me the Fabric Samples Brochure, after I contacted them requesting pictures. Mac's siad the same thing when I contacted them. Only pictures they have is in the Fabirc Samples Brochure. Thanks
Old 08-05-2021, 09:19 PM   #7
DavidG

I posted your question on the V8 Club website in case someone out there has firsthand experience. I'll pass on any responses that occur.
DavidG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2021, 07:33 AM   #8
T Scott

Cartouch upholstery guy is Dave Trank. [email protected]
T Scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2021, 11:39 AM   #9
Deuce-Addict

There is a '32 roadster in this link, am assuming a Cartouche interior...

https://allstarupholsterymn.com/cartouche/
Deuce-Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2021, 12:13 PM   #10
DavidG

That's a nice looking interior and very close to an original in terms of the pleat count and stitch pattern on the door trim panels, assuming that the pleats extend all the way down the front of the bottom cushion. For those interested in strict originality, the hinges on the door pocket flaps are a bit too wide and while I like the color of the vinyl in general terms, it is neither that of a standard (black/brown) or that of a deluxe (copra drab) by a mile and given the roadster in the photo is the deluxe version, the seat cushions were originally leather, not vinyl (artificial leather). I wonder if they offer color alternatives?
Old 08-06-2021, 08:48 PM   #11
alumcantandthd

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidg View Post
i posted your question on the v8 club website in case someone out there has firsthand experience. I'll pass on any responses that occur.
thank you!
Old 08-06-2021, 08:51 PM   #12
alumcantandthd

Quote:
Originally Posted by T Scott View Post
Cartouch upholstery guy is Dave Trank. [email protected]
Thanks! I copied/pasted his addy, and sent him my question(s).
Old 08-09-2021, 12:54 AM   #13
highbeams

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidG View Post
That's a nice looking interior and very close to an original in terms of the pleat count and stitch pattern on the door trim panels, assuming that the pleats extend all the way down the front of the bottom cushion. For those interested in strict originality, the hinges on the door pocket flaps are a bit too wide and while I like the color of the vinyl in general terms, it is neither that of a standard (black/brown) or that of a deluxe (copra drab) by a mile and given the roadster in the photo is the deluxe version, the seat cushions were originally leather, not vinyl (artificial leather). I wonder if they offer color alternatives?
Ford vinyl=leatherette, right? I've read it was used for rumble seats (as a matter of fact, I've got one that came w/my '33 3w so dried up and crumpled but complete w/out damage.) The roadsters cabrios & coupes used this early vinyl for weather factor(s), and if ordered, leather =interior. Corrections welcomed! (leatherette doesn't soak up the rain; doesn't soak up the maintenance 'soap either!)
highbeams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2021, 11:17 AM   #14
alumcantandthd

DaveG. Has anyone on the V-8 site contacted you yet on the interior pictures request?

I've sent two emails to Dave Trank, that T Scott gave me the addy to. No response back.

Thanks.
Old 08-11-2021, 01:45 PM   #15
DavidG

Not a peep so far.

What are you hoping for beyond those photos in the link provided by Deuce-Addict in #9 above? Except for the skinny package tray behind the front seat there's nothing more to see.

Last edited by DavidG; 08-11-2021 at 02:04 PM.
Old 08-11-2021, 02:56 PM   #16
alumcantandthd

Skinny package tray? I'm not sure I fully understand, or picture what you mean?

So that IS, or is THAT a complete Cartouche Roadster interior kit in #9 above? THAT is what it all will look like the way that Cartouche will send it to you?

So the interior 'kit' consists of, two kick panels, two door panels, and,,,,, a 1 piece, or 3 piece panel that goes around beside and behind the seat from driver's side door post to the passenger side door post, from floor to the top of the body. And the full seat cover? Plus are there instructions or suggestions how to install?
Old 08-11-2021, 05:18 PM   #17
DavidG

There's also the two trim panels inside the B pillars at the ends of the two cushions and the area behind the seat and over the wood belt rail consists of four pieces, at least on an original roadster. Last, but not least is the large pressed cardboard panel that covers the back of the springs of the seat back which is only visible through the trunk or rumble seat compartment. Whether Cartouche furnishes that latter panel, the details of what they provide for behind the seat, and instructions is best posed to them
Old 08-30-2021, 11:08 AM   #18
alumcantandthd

DavidG ANYbody get back to you yet from the V-8 club on those interior pictures?

Does ANYbody out there know how to get it touch 'directly' with Cartouche? Please?

I google "Cartouche" and get directed to MAC's, Ecklers, Joe's, etc. As I have stated above, when contacting those vendors, I get a vague 'run-a-round', or a no reply at all, when requesting pictures of what all the 'kit' consists of, and what it looks like.

I don't understand why a vendor/company want's you to send them 4 figures for basically a description and a generic picture? That to me is a "pig in a poke".
Old 08-30-2021, 12:18 PM   #19
rockfla

Quote:
Originally Posted by alumcantandthd View Post
DavidG ANYbody get back to you yet from the V-8 club on those interior pictures?

Does ANYbody out there know how to get it touch 'directly' with Cartouche? Please?

I google "Cartouche" and get directed to MAC's, Ecklers, Joe's, etc. As I have stated above, when contacting those vendors, I get a vague 'run-a-round', or a no reply at all, when requesting pictures of what all the 'kit' consists of, and what it looks like.

I don't understand why a vendor/company want's you to send them 4 figures for basically a description and a generic picture? That to me is a "pig in a poke".

Have you called "either" supplier and asked them for a "further" contact number?? OR (and I know THIS is a long shot, given the two above listed suppliers) have you asked one of their sales people to supply the answers you are requiring????
rockfla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2021, 12:35 PM   #20
Krylon32

I'm not a restorer but in the past I have taken pictures of what I want the interior to look like along with the material I want to my local upholstery shop and had him recreate it. Maybe that's an alternative?
Krylon32 is offline   Reply With Quote