Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 01-06-2013, 01:27 PM   #1
msmaron

Send a message via AIM to msmaron
Default Ok we now know what EVERYONE Collects (hordes) BUT How many will sell their parts????

So from all the posts from Petes Query, HOW Many of you are willing to sell what you collect to others ?????? OR do you only want to have for your future projects????
National Facebook Admin.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/MARC.group/

A7191-Sport Coupe
29 Roadster
29-Town Sedan
29-Original Special Coupe
msmaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 02:39 PM   #2
John LaVoy

Default Re: Ok we now know what EVERYONE Collects (hordes) BUT How many will sell their parts

Isn't the adage everything is for sale for the right price!
John LaVoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 02:46 PM   #3
al's28/33

Default Re: Ok we now know what EVERYONE Collects (hordes) BUT How many will sell their parts

I amassed my own small hoard some years back. Needed some money and came to realize I wasn't going to build another car from all those spare, spare, spare parts so some were traded and some sold off. I only keep a small footlocker full of tiny parts and hardware. If something major breaks, I'll find a replacement then. We need to make sure the new guys coming into the hobby don't get disgruntled before they even start.
al's28/33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 02:54 PM   #4
BILL WILLIAMSON

Quote:
Originally Posted by John LaVoy View Post
Isn't the adage everything is for sale for the right price!
Dang, John!
I didn't know you knew "CHIEF"! He'd even sell a car sometimes by puttin' a "NOT FOR SALE" sign on it!!!LOL. Bill W.
Old 01-06-2013, 03:06 PM   #5
Keith True

If I don't have a plan for it then I will sell it.After the iron pile gets to a certain size I start to see a vehicle in it and think about building whatever I have the most body parts for.Some things I am tending to keep now,as it takes so many of them before I find a good one.Worms and sectors come to mind first.This little truck started as a roadster cowl,stanchions in the iron pile,and a Mack Hils bed in the shed.I had bought two new beds because I got a better price on two and got them shipped for the cost of one.When I got to looking at the cowl the idea of a roadster pickup started to form.Once I decided to build one I looked for what I needed and was driving it in a year.I have a 30 ton lowbed trailer left from when I was trucking,I use it as a Model A parts table.I don't have any pictures of it,but guys that have come here for parts have taken pictures of it.People here tell me that it is the most expensive pallet they have ever seen.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg model_a_001.jpg (126.4 KB, 70 views)
Keith True is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 05:04 PM   #6
JBill

I have lots of parts but don't advertise them for sale simply because I don't want the hassle of shipping them. I always put some out when we have a garage sale, but nobody even knows what they are most of the time.
JBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 05:07 PM   #7
JBill

Oh, and swap meets around my home are few and far between and always seem to be when I'm on vacation!
JBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 05:14 PM   #8
LukeDahlinger
BANNED

I very seldom sell anything for the simple reason I will need it for a project. I used to buy large quantities of A parts then sell what I didn't want. Don't have time for that anymore so I just buy what I need.
Old 01-06-2013, 06:33 PM   #9
CarlG

When I have decided that I no longer have a use for a part, and by chance someone else has a need for it, it's gone! I still buy way more than I sell. (or trade or give away)
CarlG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 06:34 PM   #10
gweilbaker

Sometimes I GIVE them to someone that can use them, does that count?
gweilbaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 07:44 PM   #11
peters180a/170b

1928/29 Parts i give them away when mixed in with 30/31 parts as a package. I only collect MID 1930 parts. Everything else i sell at Hershey /. When ever i do sell my cars or if for some reason i don't wake up tomorrow and my daughter sells my cars all the parts collected as spares goes with the cars. That's what i told her. All other car related items goes to my friends who might out live me....
peters180a/170b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 08:03 PM   #12
Jerry Parr WI

I sell or give away most repro parts I get in bulk purchases. Original parts like Ed I trade parts for other original parts.
Jerry Parr WI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 09:55 PM   #13
BILL WILLIAMSON

I have a generator, intake manifold, distributor, water pump & fan, choke rod assy, front engine yoke, & 377 assorted bolts, nuts & washers----AM I IN DANGER OF BEING LABELED A "HOERDER"?? Bill W.
Old 01-06-2013, 10:16 PM   #14
Rowdy
BANNED

Anything I consider extra parts are for sale or trade. Pic's below of the stuff in the old parts barn. Most of this stuff has been sold and different stuff has taken its place. Rod
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IM004587.jpg (78.3 KB, 91 views)
File Type: jpg IM004588.jpg (79.8 KB, 87 views)
File Type: jpg IM004589.jpg (68.4 KB, 85 views)
File Type: jpg IM004590.jpg (85.9 KB, 88 views)
File Type: jpg IM004593.jpg (86.0 KB, 84 views)
File Type: jpg IM004594.jpg (77.0 KB, 82 views)
File Type: jpg IM004595.jpg (77.8 KB, 81 views)

Last edited by Rowdy; 01-06-2013 at 10:24 PM.
Rowdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 06:11 PM   #15
Chris in WNC

my card says it all:

MODEL A FORDS
and OTHER OLD CARS
Buying and Occasionally Selling
Parts & Complete Cars
Old 01-07-2013, 06:36 PM   #16
denis4x4

I sold a lot of stuff here and on the HAMB. Also traded stuff to Steve Becker at Bert's. Still have a lot of stuff including sheet metal that I'll sell in the spring.
denis4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 06:52 PM   #17
Dale G.

Maybe one of you guys could sell me a very nice original sun visor for a 30-31 coupe/tudor? I am in need of one. Dale Gosa.
Dale G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 07:18 PM   #18
29ModelA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Gosa in Jacksonv View Post
Maybe one of you guys could sell me a very nice original sun visor for a 30-31 coupe/tudor? I am in need of one. Dale Gosa.
I think this is what you are looking for... if you can't find one here.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1930-1932-Fo...058165&vxp=mtr

Interior, steering box (rebuild), and I am sure much more!
29ModelA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 07:27 PM   #19
BILL WILLIAMSON

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowdy View Post
Anything I consider extra parts are for sale or trade. Pic's below of the stuff in the old parts barn. Most of this stuff has been sold and different stuff has taken its place. Rod
Rod,
If I had your REALLY bad lookin' old steering wheel, I could develop A SCAM! Everyone would donate PO' OLD BILL a decent one and I could be "THE STEERING WHEEL KING"!!! Bill W.
Old 01-07-2013, 07:39 PM   #20
chudm71

Smile Re: Ok we now know what EVERYONE Collects (hordes) BUT How many will sell their parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowdy View Post

All that Junk.. Man I will gladly haul it off for you..... Very nice collection.
chudm71 is offline   Reply With Quote