Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 08-23-2022, 01:55 AM   #121
Tinker

Default Re: Covid excuse to play hookey

You're having too much fun, if possible . Love the truck!
Tinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2022, 07:14 AM   #122
51504bat

If you get bored with your current project(s) here is a '41 big truck -since I know you have a soft spot for the '40/'41's. It doesn't have an engine but I'm sure you have one or two growing in the south 40 bone yard. Just up the freeway from me. Let me know if you want me to look it over for yah!

1941 Ford 1.5 ton dump body no engine surface rust only dump body in good shape

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 41 dump.jpg (97.3 KB, 128 views)
File Type: jpg 41 dumpt.jpg (82.6 KB, 127 views)
Old 08-23-2022, 01:35 PM   #123
petehoovie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 51504bat View Post
If you get bored with your current project(s) here is a '41 big truck -since I know you have a soft spot for the '40/'41's. It doesn't have an engine but I'm sure you have one or two growing in the south 40 bone yard. Just up the freeway from me. Let me know if you want me to look it over for yah!

"Silver rings, your butt! Them's washers!"
"We shot our way out of that town for a dollar's worth of steel holes!" - from 'The Wild Bunch' - 1969

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7NReUd2_0u0
petehoovie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2022, 05:38 PM   #124
GB SISSON

Quote:

Thanks Pal, but I think I see YOUR name written all over it
Owner/Operator of 'Jailbar Ranch' on the side of Mt. Pickett. Current stable consists of 1946 1/2 ton pickup turned woodie wagon with FH V8, 1947 Tonner Pickup (red) mostly stock with exception of a cummins 6at turbo diesel, 1946 Tonner Pickup (green) with 226 cu in 6 cyl flathead, 1979 Toyota landcruiser wagon, completely encased in 1947 Ford Jailbar sheet metal. Ok, cornbinder rear fenders..... 'Rusty ol' floorboards, hot on their feet' (Alan Jackson)
GB SISSON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2022, 09:02 PM   #125
cas3

Every growing boy should have a dump truck. I sold my WW2 chevy 1 1/2 ton dump years ago and have regretted it ever since. Got a dump trailer now, but thats kinda boring
cas3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2022, 11:17 PM   #126
GB SISSON

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cas3 View Post
Every growing boy should have a dump truck. I sold my WW2 chevy 1 1/2 ton dump years ago and have regretted it ever since. Got a dump trailer now, but thats kinda boring

But it always starts and runs!
Owner/Operator of 'Jailbar Ranch' on the side of Mt. Pickett. Current stable consists of 1946 1/2 ton pickup turned woodie wagon with FH V8, 1947 Tonner Pickup (red) mostly stock with exception of a cummins 6at turbo diesel, 1946 Tonner Pickup (green) with 226 cu in 6 cyl flathead, 1979 Toyota landcruiser wagon, completely encased in 1947 Ford Jailbar sheet metal. Ok, cornbinder rear fenders..... 'Rusty ol' floorboards, hot on their feet' (Alan Jackson)
Old 12-21-2022, 10:53 AM   #127
GB SISSON

It's 11 degrees here this morning, been like that all week. Not all that cold for some locations, but we are usually very moderate. Our island archepelago is lined up with the outflow of the Fraser River valley in British Columbia. Sometimes the gap through the Cascades allows the frigid air to funnel through and Orcas Island is looking right down the barrel of this cold cannon. Seattle has been in the mostly in the 30s but temps are dropping there next too. Had to take the foyota for a drive in the show. I spent some time with my homemade snow plow and tested out recent repairs and later in the afternoon plowed the 1/2 mile of steep, winding road. Those that have visited have seen what I deal with! Here's a short and rather poor video of the foyota driving in the snow. I have only recently been able to pull up my 'garymtpickett' channel on youtube and post. Turns out I have a gmail acct I never use and that was the key I needed. There's also an 'in cab' video of driving the truck over on the mainland last summer.

https://youtube.com/shorts/HEy3SE7zcX4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O6DGOE6E8l4

Last edited by GB SISSON; 12-21-2022 at 11:00 AM.
Old 12-21-2022, 11:52 AM   #128
cas3

Good show GB. Now we have to add " motion picture producer " to your many skills.
cas3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2022, 12:45 PM   #129
Mart

Love the Foyota. It's a useful tool around your little bit of heaven.
Mart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2022, 01:16 PM   #130
GB SISSON

Both of those videos leave a lot to be desired. Now that I can post videos again I want to do 3 better videos with the woodie wagon, the diesel tonner and the foyota. Hey on another note, Does anybody know if it's possible to change the title of a thread? This one is lame and would be hard to 'search' in the future, and the beginning thread about the foyota is called '40 ford front fenders' , which never lined up right so I used the '42-'47 front. Thanks, GB
Old 12-21-2022, 01:30 PM   #131
Mart

Click edit.
Click go advanced.
The title is then editable, but it only edits it in that one post.

The thread title in all the other posts will be as it was.

But you could add pertinent info to the first post. If you edit the first post the updated title appears in the listing.

I just edited my thread title from I know it's warmer here today but Jeez..
to I know it's warmer here today but Jeez... (three dots)

Edit: It would appear any replies made after the title edit will include the edited title.

Mart.

Last edited by Mart; 12-21-2022 at 01:50 PM.
Old 12-21-2022, 02:16 PM   #132
GB SISSON

The edit button is missing until I get to post 127 then it shows up. Doing this stuff is on par with pulling a tranny because you installed the clutch disc backwards....arrrrgh
Old 12-21-2022, 02:26 PM   #133
Mart

Maybe beyond a certain date you are no longer able to edit.
Old 12-21-2022, 07:16 PM   #134
corvette8n

Hey GB I watched your videos and liked and subscribed to your channel.
corvette8n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2022, 09:51 PM   #135
GB SISSON

Quote:
Originally Posted by corvette8n View Post
Hey GB I watched your videos and liked and subscribed to your channel.
Wow, Thanks! My son was helping me with something on the channel and said "Hey Dad, you have over 300 subscribers". I didn't even know what a subscriber was....The truck with the most views on my shannel is a shop converted tandem axle civilian dodge power wagon with a big hemi in it. I bought it here on the island and flipped it 3 days later. (the good kind of Flipped).
Old 12-22-2022, 11:36 AM   #136
corvette8n

Quote:

I love the truck, I wish it wasn’t 3000 miles away.
corvette8n is offline   Reply With Quote