Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-03-2012, 06:48 PM   #1
JeffM

Default 1927 Model A Phaeton?

Friday morning, i set off at 5 with my old mate Kev to go pick up his new Model A. It was to be a long 13 hour day, and we had a great time.
The car in question, was brought by Kev 5 odd years back, sight unseen. The farmer who owned it, had had it for 40 years, and had done lots to it, but had left it sitting in an open shed.
Heres what we found after the five hours it took to get there.

The farmer tells us thats its a 1927 Model A. Im thinking theres no such thing, but kept my mouth shut.
This thing has model T foot pedals, and handbrake.
We load it up "farm Style", and go over to visit the local Ford guru.

We get told its not a 27, but early 28. Im thinking this is more likely, but Kevs convinced its a 27. Kevs been playing with Model As for over 30 years, and owns 3 or 4 still.

So it was a long day, and i had a great time. Slept well that night, and on Saturday night, Kevs turns up, and he had taken the Phaeton over to the city that morning. He has a panel n paint guy over there, and left the car with him to get bodywork done.
While he was there, he goes to see another Ford guru, and they track the build dates to the 22 of October, 1927.
This will make it the only one in the country, but im still not totally convinced.
So can any of the experts here confirm or deny the date? Any help would be much valued. Thanks in advance gentlemen.
JeffM is offline   Reply With Quote