Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 09-26-2014, 10:50 AM   #1
1932 V8

Default Reliability run Video

Hello all, Here is a video from the reliability run on Sept 13th in Northern CA. It is in raw form and just edited down from 5hrs of video to just under 15 minutes. When you have 15 minutes to relax in front of the computer and listen and watch, give it a shot . It was a fun day .

Enjoy !!

http://youtu.be/GEtFMUCg9fk
1932 V8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 11:05 AM   #2
34coupe

Default Re: Reliability run Video

thanks for posting, I'm sure it was a fun day
Old 09-26-2014, 11:13 AM   #3
Willit Stop

That was fun! Thanks 32.
Willit Stop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 02:03 PM   #4
19Fordy

Did that roadster in front of you have a "wandering" steering problem?
19Fordy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 02:33 PM   #5
1932 V8

Which one ??? At the beginning of the run you can seea couple of guys had there adrenaline going and checked out both lanes. Things settled down after that 😁 or at least they kept it in the right lane 😉
Old 09-26-2014, 05:29 PM   #6
34Fordtk

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
Dang Hot Rodders LOL!!! Thanks for posting it.
Old 09-26-2014, 06:47 PM   #7
Walt Dupont--Me.

Boy, that kept me awake for 15min, in fact it almost scared to death, what bar did those guy come out of? I was scared for those bikers. But I loved it. Walt
Walt Dupont--Me. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 07:10 PM   #8
Talkwrench

Ahhh good fun.. You boys should try stay on your side of the road!
Old 09-26-2014, 08:14 PM   #9
1932 V8

Things move right along with these runs. The video gives you a narrow view so it's looks more sketchy than in real life. Also , the bicycle riders out here are pretty aggressive and in some cases very rude. We have a battle going on here in Nor Cal because of it. My wife rides and hates in when a few riders giving everyone else a bad name because they chose to ride 2 wide and in the middle. We call them power riders. I cut it out in the video, but 2 power riders had crashed into each other coming down the mountain and they were calling an ambulance for one of them. They were going way over the speed limit which is common practice. Don't feel sorry for the bike riders Walt, if they are respectful then they get respect from us
Old 09-26-2014, 08:18 PM   #10
paul2748

We used to have these quite often back when I was living in Connecticut. Always seemed to have a good time.

Yes, that driver in the roadster must be on something or else that car handles terrible.
paul2748 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2014, 12:32 AM   #11
1932 V8

I am curious what Roadster has been mentioned twice ??? Can either one of you give me the time of the video it is at ?? There is a PU, chopped,channeled,extended that was in the video getting VERY sideways. He is a very nice guy but I will just say he is younger than me by quite a bit. We were all young and invincible once He tested the limits of the traction of the truck at that particular moment and I am glad the out come was the way it was. From there, she was straight as an arrow the rest of the trip Oh to be young again.......... sometimes !!!
Oh I just remembered the 27 Roadster. Maybe that is the one ?? Again, another good guy, quite a bit younger than me. If the run is not entertaining him he creates his own excitement. He is just playing . He likes when the "tire" spins !!
Old 09-27-2014, 11:15 PM   #12
Bad Daddy

Was a fun day! Cracked me up watching the kid in that truck testing the limits of his rear tires. Timmy sure did have a rough go at it in the 27 roadster with no windshield. Thanks for posting the video Mike!
Bad Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2014, 02:29 AM   #13
koates

Hi there, Driving over double lines, driving on the wrong side of the road, breaking traction, fishtails, Maybe even speeding ? Do that in Australia and you risk loosing your license, Have your car impounded and a fine. That was just plain bad, careless driving on a public road by several of those cars and a poor advert for our old car hobby. I guess they had some fun doing that run...but... !!! Regards, Kevin.
koates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2014, 03:47 AM   #14
mike42

Reminds me of the 60's .......and I'm still alive !! That was a great video....thx !
mike42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2014, 08:12 PM   #15
1932 V8

Hi Koates, I will agree with you on a few of the over zealous individuals at eh beginning but............ this is early in the morning on back roads... The video camera makes the view very narrow as I said before so it looks like we are really moving right along. Reality is ....... a modern car would have just cruised with us at a normal pace with no problems . Crossing over the lines is only when we can see well ahead and it is easier than muscling through the corners. We have been waved to by police , people smile as you go by and never has there been an issue on one of these runs. I do understand what you are saying and I am always trying to make sure I don't make the average non-car person see me as a problem. I knew someone was going to mention this as I am sure others had thought it. It's like riding a go-kart at 30 mph and you think you are setting land speed records. Then you watch someone else ride it and wonder why it looks so slow . It's all perspective and through the video camera it makes us look like we own the roads. I assure you this is not the case ( except for a few of the folks at the beginning) .
Take care , Mike
Old 09-28-2014, 08:24 PM   #16
Ross F-1

As someone from the wide-open SouthWest, driving at those speeds on a road with no shoulder, no guard rails, wet surface, and no sight-lines around corners makes me wet my pants. I'm sure it was fun but not for me! (of course a truck doesn't handle like a roadster either).

How many of the participants made it without a breakdown?
Old 09-29-2014, 02:36 AM   #17
koates

1932 V8, Hi Mike, Thanks for your response to my post. Yes I might be a bit critical but in this day and age one must be very aware of their actions in the eyes of the public. Some younger guys don't always consider these things. There are groups here in Australia who run those exact types of cars and runs like in your video. Sometimes a little pep talk to the drivers before the run would not hurt. And just to say we have our fair share of cyclists here who seem to think they own the road and that road laws don't apply to them. They cause a great deal of frustration for car drivers and are bloody dangerous as well. Best regards, Kevin.
koates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 02:36 AM   #18
Graeme / New Zealand

Thanks for posting but some of that driving left a lot to be desired and was down right irresponsible. A couple of drivers if they had been "pinged" by the Police here would end up having their cars impounded for 28 days and a charge of dangerous or sustained loss of traction on top.

GB

"You're a long time looking at the lid"
Graeme / New Zealand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 10:39 AM   #19
RalphG

Very nice video and beautiful scenery. Loved the engine sounds. Was hoping to see a view of the vehicle too. Agree about the camera sometimes making things look narrower and faster than it really was.
RalphG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 11:58 AM   #20
the cooch

That neighborhood has got: wild turkeys and deer crossing everywhere, late for soccer mom's in their first full size trucks (suburbans) going ten or twenty over, construction vehicles flying around school busses, road cyclists, etc. Those guys goofing around a bit, at that time, were at sunday school compared to the weekday mayhem i dealt with just using those roads around there on my last trip! Across the bridge IN San Francisco seemed easier with the ol' three speed pickup!
the cooch is offline   Reply With Quote