Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 03-24-2017, 07:40 PM   #21
Beauford

Default Re: Mac's Auto parts order

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdupay View Post
If you are still looking for springs, try calling Little Dearborn Parts in Minneapolis. They assemble them there.
Joe....Bert's suggested that as well.
Beauford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 03:26 PM   #22
jdupay

Hopefully it is OK to say this here, but talked with the guys over at Little Dearbon today and they said they are not filling the Macs spring orders because they didn't pay some recent bills. Best to go directly to Little Dearborn for springs and bumpers....
jdupay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 03:53 PM   #23
olut

Quote:
Originally Posted by olut View Post
started well and ended bad....

I am owning 3 Aīs (76-A, 35-A and 165-D), especially the first two ones were spare part intensive. I purchased parts in the past two years for approx. 20.000,- mostly without discounts (overseas customer). Everything I ordered for another project in the past four months was not available, out of stock, in backorder and it was impossible to get more information about delivery times.

It makes very little sense to order online, not knowing, if these parts are on stock or not. So I had to cancel the last 1200,- order and ordered at Snyder instead, got parts delivered within 7 days (overseas and customs cleared !!)

Since Macs got sold to the Eckler Group, service, communication and confidence in acceptable delivery time goes bad :-(

As I am always fair in business, I gave Macīs another chance to proof, that they are better than their reputation.
Well, they failed again, an urgent order remained without status update for weeks, after an angry mail I was informed, that one piece is on backorder to be available in May (I got this part meanwhile from Snyder in one week shipped to Austria). Macīs let me sit and wait like a stupid again.

The speedometer is still not delivered, neither the core nor a rebuilt one.

I have to say, the management of Mac`s/Eckler sucks, sorry guys, this is a warning, if you need parts on urgent basis, forget Macīs, the time you order, you don't know about the inventory.....
Old 04-17-2017, 04:28 PM   #24
SuperDave

From my perspective, having delt with Mac's for many years and now doing business with the Titusville Fl. outlet (Eckler's), Nice people but the place is so big and top heavy with people that although are sincere, can't deal with the size of the place and their "IT" system is a wreck! I waited 30 minutes for an invoice to be printed and there was not one IT person on the premises to fix the darned thing. Gave up trying to sign in on line they say they will send a new password. NEVER do. Phone at Titusville is NEVER answered.The quality of the parts go from superb to crap. The last two 39 Flathead temperature gauge cost about $150. Made in Argentina by idiots! like any other parts source,You takes your chances.
Old 04-17-2017, 04:53 PM   #25
msmaron

Send a message via AIM to msmaron

MIKES, BRATTONS, SNYDERS, BERTS...GASLIGHT, A & L Parts....They fit, they're quality, they are model a people...PERIOD!!!
National Facebook Admin.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/MARC.group/

A7191-Sport Coupe
29 Roadster
29-Town Sedan
29-Original Special Coupe
msmaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 05:13 PM   #26
Beauford

I like when they screw up and send 6 tires instead of four to some people. HAHAHAHA
Beauford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 10:10 PM   #27
5window

Boring.
5window is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 10:33 PM   #28
Mike V. Florida

Send a message via AIM to Mike V. Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by msmaron View Post
MIKES, BRATTONS, SNYDERS, BERTS...GASLIGHT, A & L Parts....They fit, they're quality, they are model a people...PERIOD!!!
Careful when you say that. ANY vendor can sell a part that does not fit well if they source the part from a crap manufacturer. We don't want a newbie thinking that every part sold by those vendors are without problems.