Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 04-05-2012, 12:14 AM   #21
Rex_A_Lott

Default Re: Hershey Swap Meet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Wesenberg View Post
Her birthday.............well then you better buy her a new red wagon to pull all your parts around Hershey!
That sounds like a grand way to create some memories....almost as good as the year I bought her the shotgun.
Rex_A_Lott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 08:05 AM   #22
Deluxe Delivery

As far as memories are concerned, this is one of my best. It's around 1992. It's Fall Hershey. The location...going up the slope from the bottom to the stadium. The puller of the wagon...my oldest Molly. In the back seat is my middle...Abby. Front seat is the beautiful Mrs. Delivery. Molly is now a Licensed Speach Therapist in her own home. Abby will be Dr. Abby in another year and Mrs. Delivery...still beautiful. Do yourself and your family a big favor...Take 'em to Hershey !
Deluxe Delivery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 09:01 AM   #23
Deluxe Delivery

The previous post only makes sense if you are looking at this picture. It's that CRS I tell ya !
Attached Images
File Type: jpg auction 174.jpg (39.0 KB, 37 views)
Deluxe Delivery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 09:21 AM   #24
Richard Wilson

Looks like they are off to the candy store for a wagon load of Hershey candy bars. "You can carry all of those rusty car parts dad, we need our wagon!"
Richard Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 11:45 AM   #25
Clem Clement

Remember long ago when on Show day, the show cars rolled up past the Stadium evenbefore dawn. We could get a cheap plate of eggs in the wharehouse accross the road and watch the cars as dawn broke. AND that wonderful oldster who would be seated in a pickup truck and announce every vehicle as it approached him? Who was that great person? He seemed to know everybody and every car. His chatter was thrilling to hear. I always noted to whomever I was standing with, that we were enjoying something truly special in life.
Clem
Clem Clement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 12:04 PM   #26
Roadster62

Both our kids started going to Hershey before their first Birthdays. Adding a Old Cars newspaper bumper sticker to their wagon every year was always fun. Your first Hershey is the one you always remember, mine was 1969. It's still fun, but the early years were so much better. Bob
Old 04-06-2012, 08:49 PM   #27
Clem Clement

On Thursday nights I always go by the RED BALL to hear Frank play. That small event is so HERSHEY, so AMERICAN, SO perfect!! Them boyz do some strummin, drummin and blowin and it doesn't matter what they sing. One time they played the Auctioneer 3 times straight with 3 different singers. It was so wonderful. I cry always becasue I know they are playing for some in uniform, those passed on and those present and absent. Don't miss the event at this fall's Hershey. I can't imagine standing next to my Lady listening to Frank and the group play. She will never attend Hershey thus I usually call her to listen with me. I have been bone cold and suddenly warned by the fellowship of the music and I have seen the magic Hershey mist fall during the music time. I know in my heart if the world could attend and stand in the hallowed field of Hershey amongst the rusty car parts and listen to that band of Hersheyites, we would have a better and peaceful world.
Clem Clement
Clem Clement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 08:48 AM   #28
1931 flamingo

Why am I choking up inside reading this?? Thanks Clem.

Paul in CT
1931 flamingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 09:24 AM   #29
theHIGHLANDER

Clem, that's a moving impression of Hershey. Ebay be damned!!! Nothing like haggling $5.00 off of a part with a human being, or the feeling you get when that "big part" sells. Dad had his hands full raising the family and we didn't get to Hershey until 91. Went every year for the next 4, then I missed it until 07. That last 4, except for 09 (!), was like going to Florida for spring break weather-wise. I can be found in the Packard section of the Green Field (go figure, huh?) and have been sharing a tent with the Dayton Museum. For '12, I'll be on a Model A mission as well as my usual Packard hunting. Might show a car again for Senior, we'll see. What I hope to see is several Ford Barners this year as well as the "Usual Suspects".

Here was 08, driving the Jesse Vincent Packar Speedster:

More later. I'm hungry...
theHIGHLANDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 09:51 AM   #30
Shadetree

Gone are the days of the hill climb. Cold enough we could see our breath with the sun shining brightly, standing shoulder to shoulder watching as these old soldiers chugged their way to their parking space. A time to remember

Now the course is a little easier and we have bleachers to sit on....