Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 03-07-2016, 03:16 PM   #21
JR48

Default Re: Bradley Floor Pan order

I don't want to question 2 senior and highly respected FordBarn members, but how much slack does Paul Bradley want? What about my personal projects? I've been waiting almost a year, money upfront, and have had no communication from PB apart from what I have initiated or tried to initiate. This is not the way that people in our Ford community should be treating each other. My big fear is that as an 'out-of-towner', down here in New Zealand, that I have been safely placed in the 'too hard' basket. What I am hoping with this thread is that this 'squeaky wheel' might get some oil, or at least my money returned. I'm hoping that PB will read this and note my concern.
JR48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 08:50 PM   #22
uncle buck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawson Cox View Post
Everyone should cut Paul a little more slack. He is involved in multiple time consuming business, personal and community projects, and has trouble finding qualified help. Despite all this, he still has the best product out there. If you see you are going to need floor pans, let him know, ASAP, BEFORE you get to that stage of your restoration. His product is inferior to none. This is an unpaid endorsement.
All he has to do is be honest about his production plans and follow thru in a reasonable time frame or at the very least communicate with those he has taken money from. I agree , his product is the best - the problem is his business ethic is the worst and he deserves no slack on taking money over 9 months ago and providing nothing
uncle buck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2016, 02:26 PM   #23
Hitman

I've had a set of floor pans on order for 2 years and 10 months now. Paid for one. The restoration of the car is being held up because of it, and I did plan ahead. I ordered them two years before I needed them. I knew this going into the order, but each time I call and when I get a call back it's the same story. It's disappointing to say the least.
Hitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2016, 03:04 PM   #24
39topless

Thumbs down Re: Bradley Floor Pan order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitman View Post
I've had a set of floor pans on order for 2 years and 10 months now. Paid for one. The restoration of the car is being held up because of it, and I did plan ahead. I ordered them two years before I needed them. I knew this going into the order, but each time I call and when I get a call back it's the same story. It's disappointing to say the least.
He's too busy (blah blah blah) to deliver on his promises but I bet he found the time to hurry down to his bank and cash your check. Shameful.
39topless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2016, 04:49 PM   #25
Kube

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawson Cox View Post
Everyone should cut Paul a little more slack. He is involved in multiple time consuming business, personal and community projects, and has trouble finding qualified help. Despite all this, he still has the best product out there. If you see you are going to need floor pans, let him know, ASAP, BEFORE you get to that stage of your restoration. His product is inferior to none. This is an unpaid endorsement.
Lawson, I have been following this thread for some time, hesitant to weigh in. No longer - I feel I must add my .02¢.
Paul is in fact a VERY nice man. Anyone would find it difficult to find a better person.
That being said, he is a terrible business man. Period.
There are NO excuses for his poor delivery and failure upon failure to keep his promises.
A very simple business mantra is: UNDER promise and OVER deliver.
The fact he has many fires going does not dismiss the fact that he promises time and again to "deliver" and sadly, does not.
I like Paul, I always have. I like is product as well.
Still, he needs to be realistic when he quotes a delivery time.
Old 03-08-2016, 08:54 PM   #26
hotrodA

^^^^ well said.

He is a very nice guy personally, and a real pleasure to converse with. He just has a bad business rep. Plan accordingly.
hotrodA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2016, 12:26 AM   #27
Chisel

Do nice people lie???

Evil Lurks...for those that don't carry a side arm!!!
Chisel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2016, 12:30 AM   #28
Chisel

Do nice people take your money and lie and lie month after month???

Evil Lurks...for those that don't carry a side arm!!!
Chisel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2016, 08:20 AM   #29
barnfind

I agree he is very pleasant to chat with but
how do you plan for an unknown delivery time?

Also, some folks indicated they never got the product or there money refunded.
I think that is called theft by conversion or fraud in most states?
barnfind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2016, 11:45 PM   #30
Hitman

Bringing this one back....

He's a scam artist, avoid him at all costs. I'll be pursuing my refund via the local authorities, whatever good that will do.
Old 12-08-2016, 05:53 AM   #31
fotfod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kube View Post
Lawson, I have been following this thread for some time, hesitant to weigh in. No longer - I feel I must add my .02¢.
Paul is in fact a VERY nice man. Anyone would find it difficult to find a better person.
That being said, he is a terrible business man. Period.
There are NO excuses for his poor delivery and failure upon failure to keep his promises.
A very simple business mantra is: UNDER promise and OVER deliver.
The fact he has many fires going does not dismiss the fact that he promises time and again to "deliver" and sadly, does not.
I like Paul, I always have. I like is product as well.
Still, he needs to be realistic when he quotes a delivery time.
i too have been following this thread and the ones before. i talked too paul bradly at hershey and found that he was ignorant condesending arrogant and i cannot understand why anybody wouid say he is a nice guy and reccomend his products to anyone unless you want to cut them up to repair a stock floor they are not very good as far as fit goes. both sides are not symetrical and the beads dont line up to the beads on driveshaft tunnel. he is relying on[ his fathers i think] past reputation but he will not improve on a 30+yr old product that is inferior by todays standards there are better alternatives. drakes 40 front floor fits good and looks pretty accurate and will save a ton of work over anything on the market. probably fit 39 and maybe 38.my buddy had a 38 floor in his 41 sedan delivery. there a guy in the east that is making 34 floors out of 3 pieces welded together. they look very nice. i saw one at hershey a few years ago and one at bill perrys all ford parts in campbell calif. of course if you can find a good original you know its right. idrove 600 miles each way 20yrs ago to the idaho nevada border just to get a nice easy repairable floorpan out of a rust free and pit free tudor car that was rolled and ended up buying whole body to re do the 40 conv. i bought the week before. one of the smarter moves that i have made in my life
fotfod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2016, 12:25 PM   #32
deuce_roadster

Well, I would like to agree 2x with Kube on this topic. My dealing with Paul was in 2005 so it is 11 years old. My experience was the exact opposite of what fotfod had. At the time I was restoring my 40 deluxe wagon. For some reason, the passenger side of the floorpan was rusted in several places near the front so I contacted Paul. I was expecting to have to buy a whole floor. (The wagon is different then the other closed cars) He asked me if I could use a whole Rt side panel that was in the die slightly wrong and at the very back 2" was not perfect. I really only needed from the toe board to under the front seat so I told him "yeah, that would work for me". HE GAVE ME THE PIECE and said he was glad to help out and I only had to pay for shipping. When the panel arrived, I could hardly see where the defect was. He could have sold this piece but his standards at that time were such that he wouldn't. After trimming it fit perfectly and the car has been awarded a Dearborn by the EFV8 club in 2014. I did meet him at Hershey after this and found him to be the nice guy I expected.
Can people change, sure, maybe he isn't the same nice guy anymore, but he went out of his way to help me when he could have sold me a full price piece. The quality was top notch.
deuce_roadster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2016, 02:33 PM   #33
Hitman

I ordered my pans in May 2013 knowing it would take awhile. I paid for one, haven't paid for the other. I haven't received either pan, I call for updates or to get my money back and I never receive a call back. I've since bought the pans from someone else, that actually had their pans in stock!

I even met Paul at Hershey last year, he gave me the same story in person that he's given to me on the phone in the past.

I don't care how nice he is, overworked, or anything else. He has the power to make it right and hasn't.

Avoid him and go elsewhere.