Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 01-22-2017, 11:08 AM   #41
TomT/Williamsburg

Default Re: another one bites the dust

I have a 32 build thread on the HAMB now, Just Another 5-Window Build Thread, where I am using a beautiful restored body, interior, glass, dash, etc - I only bought the body as it was all ready blown apart and sold off as pieces by someone else. The firewall was a beautiful pristine original that I could not bring myself to cut it up for the Buick Nailhead that's going in it so I modified an all ready butchered unit instead. I am not touching this body or interior - too nice and the paint is near perfect.
I also bought a really nice 31 Chrysler 3-window that was already chopped lokng in its stock form vs the Ford version. A running driving car that I was going to hotrod - the car was just too nice to do that to and sold it to a guy in Baltimore who still drives it to this day.
My point here is you save what you can when you can but you can't save all that come your way ....
TomT/Williamsburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2017, 02:16 PM   #42
Corn Fed

Default Re: another one bites the dust

In the hot rod world (where I mostly reside), there are those of us that truely appreciate a stock vehicle and wouldn't "cut" a nice one up to make into a rod. I cringe when I see a modified one that has gone too far that they lose the beauty of Ford's designs. Radical top chops, hidden door hinges, 20" billet rims.....all things done to modernize, yet detract from it being what it is......an antique car.
Corn Fed is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)