Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 05-17-2010, 05:39 AM   #1
BILL WZOREK

Default Come on old guy's

Yesterday's post asked who was missing.
I am asking this way to get other peoples attention.
If you are one of the hold outs I am sure RYAN isn't giving a prize to the last one to sign up!
If it will help you can eMail me and I and others will try to help.
I am getting a lot of help from Others and they will help you also.
BILL WZOREK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 06:12 AM   #2
Vic Piano

Default Re: Come on old guy's

Hi Bill, Looks like a lot of names from the old FordBarn are showing up here. As far as I can tell, the ones that are most noticeably absent are the ones who would not post their email address on the old site, and that's not necessarily a bad thing in my opinion.
Old 05-17-2010, 07:45 AM   #3
Ross in East Texas

Send a message via AIM to Ross in East Texas

It amazes me how many people feel their email address is sacred.
Old 05-17-2010, 08:56 AM   #4
redfor40

i'am here and it gets better every day
thanks ryan
redfor40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 09:15 AM   #5
Hotrodladycrusr

Rest assured Ryan "protects" members email addresses and personal information just as if they were his own. You can make your settings so that no one can see your email address or contact you thru that way. Also, if it really bothers a person that they have to have a vaild email address to sign on, just create a free gmail one and use that for just registering on websites.
Old 05-17-2010, 10:45 AM   #6
FL&WVMIKE

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
VIC . . . . . . . . . . . .
I had not thought of it before. I always posted my e-mail on the old FORDBARN.
I just learned, through here, that the problem is those people who make money from selling addresses to the spammers, were picking up addresses on FORDBARN.
MIKE
FL&WVMIKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 12:18 PM   #7
55 dude

people will be selling information regaurdless of what they claim. all it takes to "honor" the no selling policy is "trading" then selling the traded info as they now have "second hand" information" making it legal to do so through a loophole. the internet is anything but private.
55 dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 05:02 PM   #8
jimTN

Bill, it appears that many of the posts on this board are not not concerned with original Fords, more hot rod and modification stuff like was on the hamburger board. I think that is a big factor in some of the old timers not showing up.
jimTN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 05:28 PM   #9
Ford46

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimTN View Post
Bill, it appears that many of the posts on this board are not not concerned with original Fords, more hot rod and modification stuff like was on the hamburger board. I think that is a big factor in some of the old timers not showing up.
Jim, there was some of that going on at the old "barn" too. Most enthusiasts enjoy more that one type of vehicle, stock (original), modified in some form, all out hot rods and customs. Many of Ol' Ron's and Walt's engines are "souped up" and not stock, not to say they haven't also built stock engines. What I think we all are looking for is their years of experience and help when we need it. That is here in abundance as it was on the original Fordbarn, JMHO. LouB.
Ford46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 07:24 PM   #10
Jack 34pu

I sure hope all the regulars from the old FordBarn jump across as I depended on their wealth of knowledge. I have my feet in both camps and enjoy any sharing that increases my library of tips and hints. I also like the fresh blood here at the new "Barn". Life is too short for discord as we all ahve a similar goal of saving these old hulks from disappearing. That said, I would disapprove of taking any complete original vehicle and turning it into a rod.
Jack 34pu
Jack 34pu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 08:18 PM   #11
Marcus

Bill - I have already joined - weeks ago - but have just been swamped with trying to keep these knuckleheads out of jail, and on the straight and narrow.......I, too, hope that everyone (well, everyone who was such a great help - I DO agree with Vic about some of the old posters who provided no value added......).....will jump across and help us keep the sharing of information ongoing.

On another note - do you know why / how the designation "Junior Member" was created? I KNOW that Ryan knows that I am only "18" but still, inquiring minds would like to know. Plus, why does my address NOT appear - I certainly am NOT ashamed of Walnut Grove, MS - GRIN!

See you in Charlotte!!

Warm Regards, Marcus
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 08:37 PM   #12
Lawson Cox

He told me that's just what the program he is using calls for. I thought he had come up with this format and did not use a canned program. So much for assuming. lol Wish he had spell check here. I tried to download it but can't seem to.
Lawson Cox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 08:38 PM   #13
PeteVS

[On another note - do you know why / how the designation "Junior Member" was created? I KNOW that Ryan knows that I am only "18" but still, inquiring minds would like to know.]

"Member" status is based on the number of posts you've made. When you've posted 30 times, you get promoted to full fledged "member." I don't know what comes after that.
Old 05-18-2010, 08:54 PM   #14
34fivewindow

As of today the New Ford Barn has 4,240 Members, and the site is only two weeks old......Ed
34fivewindow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 08:55 PM   #15
Joe AZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
Bill - I have already joined - weeks ago - but have just been swamped with trying to keep these knuckleheads out of jail, and on the straight and narrow.......I, too, hope that everyone (well, everyone who was such a great help - I DO agree with Vic about some of the old posters who provided no value added......).....will jump across and help us keep the sharing of information ongoing.

On another note - do you know why / how the designation "Junior Member" was created? I KNOW that Ryan knows that I am only "18" but still, inquiring minds would like to know. Plus, why does my address NOT appear - I certainly am NOT ashamed of Walnut Grove, MS - GRIN!

See you in Charlotte!!

Warm Regards, Marcus
Marcus, you should be able to add your location in the "User CP" section at the top of the page. Edit personal preferences. Joe
Joe AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 09:08 PM   #16
denverslim

So were encouraged to just post anything eh?...slim
denverslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 10:33 PM   #17
55 dude

don't sweat it the "old guys" are to addicted to just disappear. but the question needs to be asked "what are you considering old?"
55 dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 10:52 PM   #18
flatjack9

I don't see a problem with anyone getting answers. As previoulsy stated, there was plenty of non-stock talk on the old Barn. If you don't like the looks of a topic, simply ignore it. There is a really rich history of modified flatheads. It's part of our heritage.
flatjack9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 03:46 PM   #19
52merc

bill did you get my email?? well heres another idea why they are not on here just check the early forum,theres guys wanting pics of 32.34 trucks so its turning into a picture gallery,,& yes those guys that used to make the snide remarks with no email address are not on herewhich is great,,i always thjouight a forum was for the posting of questions of how do i fix this or my car keeps running after the thing is turned off why,,just examples theres bugger all tec stuff on itmaybe thats another reason for them not being here my 2 cents worth trev
52merc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 06:24 PM   #20
Barry B./ Ma.

Well, I'm a full fledged member and I think you become one after 30 posts. The next step is Senior member which is probably 75 or 100. I do most of my posting on the A site but I always check with you guys especially my friend Ken Ct. and I sometimes post as I know shoeboxes pretty well. I sold my 51 flathead and after I sell my old VW I would like to get another, maybe earlier vintage.
Barry B./ Ma. is offline   Reply With Quote