Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 08-05-2020, 08:40 PM   #61
Pete

Default Re: Off shore adjustable lifters

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubman View Post
With the pricing information "GOSFAST" is providing, it does not surprise me that "Flathead Jack" would not try to inject himself into the situation to take advantage of it.

I remember being impressed by my initial exposure to "Flathead Jack"'s product line. Then, I got a look at his pricing structure and moved on. I never bought a thing from him and left him and his operation to cater to the "Gold Chainers".

Not to take anything away from the quality of the parts but the biggest things I noticed about F J's new website were the spelling and grammatical errors.
Obviously done in China. That alone would turn me away.
Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2020, 08:55 PM   #62
Tim Ayers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete View Post
Not to take anything away from the quality of the parts but the biggest things I noticed about F J's new website were the spelling and grammatical errors.
Obviously done in China. That alone would turn me away.
Interesting observation. I didn't notice that, but as an elementary educator I read poorly written stuff all day long, so I just read it like it should read. LOL!

I think there is a thread on the HAMB about someone using his JAXs lifters. If I recall correctly, they were impressed with them. I will say this, FH Jack's stuff did cost more, but what he sold was usually good quality.

His JAX's lifters look a lot like the lifters Mike Davidson from Australia use to make. Does Red's still sell M. Davidson's products?
Tim Ayers is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
Old 08-05-2020, 09:14 PM   #63
flatjack9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Ayers View Post
Interesting observation. I didn't notice that, but as an elementary educator I read poorly written stuff all day long, so I just read it like it should read. LOL!

I think there is a thread on the HAMB about someone using his JAXs lifters. If I recall correctly, they were impressed with them. I will say this, FH Jack's stuff did cost more, but what he sold was usually good quality.

His JAX's lifters look a lot like the lifters Mike Davidson from Australia use to make. Does Red's still sell M. Davidson's products?
My first thought also was that they looked like Mike Davidson's.
flatjack9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2020, 08:35 PM   #64
vernlee

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOSFAST View Post
Back in the '80's Wolverine owned what is now "Topline", we had a "WD" with them for years. The entire conglomerate was owned by "The Sherlin Corp", at one point Crane Cams owned it all also!

We became good friends with Harry Krummery, the engineer at the Blue-Racer division of Wolverine! It's all a really long story!

Thanks, Gary in N.Y.

P.S. I put a couple shots below here of the catalog showing the Flathead lifter number, VT-2032, even back then we were buying the lifters by the trays, 92 to a tray, and the original "Johnson" tappet catalog! Hope you can make it out! These lifters back in 1994 cost us $3.70/ea. I still have much inventory on the shelf from them including the aluminum cam gears, part #TG-2702.

I 'm good friends with Harry and his family , Russ Bond started Wolverine Gear , just up the street from me in Osseo , MI. , our business cut push rods for W.G. for years , small world .
vernlee is offline   Reply With Quote