Go Back   The Ford Barn > The Swap Meet > For Sale > Early V8

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 01-21-2022, 07:45 AM   #1
Tudor36

Default Completely rebuilt and running 1950 Ford Flathead V8 8BA

City: hedgesville
State: West Virginia
Price: 5500

Completely rebuilt and running 1950 Ford Flathead V8 8BA motor. Engine is currently in a 1935 Ford sedan. Holds 25 psi oil pressure idle. Starts as easily as a fuel injected car. Practically everything is new either in or on motor. Engine was magnafluxed and pressure tested. Bored .030 with new pistons, rings (Hastings), rod, main and cam bearings (Clevite), new French connecting rods, reground cam (Egge machine) and new Johnson solid adjustable lifters, all new valves and springs and 16 HARDENED VALVE SEATS, new oil pump, timing set, wide belt water pumps, fuel pump, rebuilt carb and distributor, new mini starter, and reground flywheel. I am sure that I forgot some of the new parts I installed. The rotating assembly was balanced by A&C Machine in Hagerstown, MD. Should drop in 32-34 Ford with little modification and 35-48 with next to no modification and 48-53 Ford truck with no mod. Could not build this engine with the same parts unless you have access to a machine shop. I HAVE OVER $4000 IN PARTS ALONE. Has been run around shop multiple times and never had problems starting or overheating. Remember this is a drop in assembly with new starter, fuel pump and alt, rebuilt dist and carb, and bellhousing adapter. Only selling because son and I have changed plans for the drivetrain in the 35
Best to call 304-754-3073. And not interested in lowball offers. Motor can stay in car if I don't get what I want for it. Already taking a loss on it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC01115.jpg (78.8 KB, 119 views)
File Type: jpg DSC01114.jpg (63.4 KB, 98 views)
Tudor36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2022, 09:41 AM   #2
Tudor36

Default Re: Completely rebuilt and running 1950 Ford Flathead V8 8BA

Bump
Old 03-17-2022, 05:28 PM   #3
Tudor36

Default Re: Completely rebuilt and running 1950 Ford Flathead V8 8BA

Sold