Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 06-03-2017, 03:52 PM   #1
AlfinVA

Default Over the Wheel Tie Downs 2

Thanks for the replies. We've been gone for a few days. I'm convinced they are the way to go. I especially like the picture of extra e-track clip to make the ratchet lie flat. Looks like a Riviera being tied down. Is it?
I have A wheels of 19 and 21 in, Mustang wheels of 16 in and 1913 Buick wheels that are 36 x 41.2.
Is there an adjustable net that can do all of them? Or, do I need separate nets for each wheel?
Who do you recommend as supplioers?
I saw a commercial towing strap that goes behind the wheel with a another piece in front of the wheel with a ring at each end that goes over the strap behind the wheel. This arrangement lassos the wheel. Has anybody seen or used one like this? Thanks
AlfinVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2017, 06:04 PM   #2
180 a

Default Re: Over the Wheel Tie Downs 2

Alfin, I have adjustable wheel bonnets on my tow dolly for my modern car and I hate them. They are always coming loose until you re tighten the straps. I finally purchased new wheel bonnets at Hershey this fall, and I could not be happier. The lady at Hershey makes them up and her business is called Jersey Girl straps for trailers. I can now hook up my car in less than 10 minutes.

Ron. PM me and I will try to find a phone number.
180 a is offline   Reply With Quote