Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 05-06-2014, 02:07 PM   #21
banjoQ

Default Re: 36' Commercial plates/ Calif.

Jerry, I think raises an important point here. The description of the vehicle is where I am getting jammed up. CADMV is calling it a truck, not me. Perhaps I am partly to blame because I did not notice this when creating documentation for the pickup. As I had nothing in hand, we filled out all the paperwork to create a new title for the vehicle. I thought it was odd that they would make me go and have it weighed to register. But still, when I was able to provide past DMV reg. tags they listed vehicle description as "PU". From the beginning they told me that if I could provide documentation that I would be able to use the old plates. My frustration comes from complying with all the requests and still being denied. Oh well, s*** happens. What I have learned from this discussion is that I may be able to use passenger plates from 36'. I will look into this and let you all know. I happen to know of an unrestored pair of plates in good shape. Now it's time for some horse tradin'.
banjoQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 04:12 PM   #22
Mike B

Default Re: 36' Commercial plates/ Calif.

When I was registring a '32 Dodge PU in my name, I too had to get it weighed, I even told the the plaque on the dash said it weighed 2250lbs (as I recall), no matter they told me, I still had to weigh it because it was out of thier system.

I hope you have better luck on that one...this was maybe 20 years ago.

Oh, to top mine off, the lady put in the system I had to get it smogged. I asked to what standards? Ofcourse she then realized her mistake, but since "it was in the system now, it cannot be changed".

Good thing it took me 5 years to get it on the road, it had fallen out by then...but I'd assume with today's data bases available, nothing will fall out.
Mike B is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)