Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model T (1909-1927)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 04-28-2022, 09:20 AM   #1
Steve Pritchard

Default model t question

I am building a 1912 C-cab delivery out of a 1924 coupe frame can anyone give me the measurements where the 1912 running board brackets would attach to the frame???
Steve Pritchard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2022, 09:11 AM   #2
rotorwrench

Default Re: model t question

Those early brass Ts had different sheet metal than the later non-brass era. WWI and later cars from 1917 had a lot of changes. This link from a Mecum auction has good photos of the underside of a 1912 touring. A person can see the brackets and the reinforcement rods that help position them from side to side. They attach to the running boards in specific locations but that depends on the type running boards that are chosen for use in the project. Use of a different fender/apron/running board combo may change where the mounts have to be and the design of the mounts.

https://www.mecum.com/lots/PA0715-21...del-t-touring/

Rootlieb, Inc. has the sheetmetal that is about as close as it gets. The mounting of all the sheet metal can be used to find where the frame brackets have to be and will also locate the frame mounting locations. Finding original 1911/12 stuff can get expensive.

Last edited by rotorwrench; 04-29-2022 at 09:45 AM.
rotorwrench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2022, 07:01 AM   #3
Steve Pritchard

I have the fenders and running boards on backorder waiting on them I was wanting to mount the splash aprons and body while I am waiting on the sheet metal but don't know where to mount the 1912 running board brackets I have.
Old 05-02-2022, 11:00 AM   #4
stevests

An "early" frame would have the holes already drilled for the rivets - are you using a "later" frame ?
stevests is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2022, 10:39 PM   #5
Dodge

Steve,
Where are you located? I have two early frames. Or if your too far away I can take pics
and measurements.
Dodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2022, 09:04 AM   #6
art ebeling

Do these help? This is my October 1911 Touring. With the tape measure hooked to the rear side of front runningboard bracket to center of rear bolt for brake shaft 4.5" With tape measure hooked on rear of rear runningboard bracket to rear of front bracket 26 1/4" Art
Attached Images
File Type: jpg center of bolt.jpg (47.5 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg rear of brkt.jpg (31.9 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg from rear of brkt.jpg (43.4 KB, 8 views)
art ebeling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2022, 06:38 AM   #7
Steve Pritchard

I have purchased everything i am just waiting on front fenders and running board to be made by rootlieb i am using a 24 frame that is why i need the messurements from a 1911, or 1912 thanks
Old 05-09-2022, 06:40 AM   #8
Steve Pritchard

I am using a 1924 frame that is why i need the messurements from a 1911 or 1912 thanks
Old 05-09-2022, 06:41 AM   #9
Steve Pritchard

Lakeland Florida
Old 05-09-2022, 11:43 AM   #10
gz

Steve- The running boards will come from Rootlieb with the holes pre-drilled. These holes should line up with any of the 1925 and earlier brackets whether they be the later pressed steel versions such as those on your 1924 coupe chassis or the earlier cast iron versions. They will not work with 1926-1927 style running board brackets.

Basically, the running boards are "fixed" fit due to the pre-drilled holes.

The new splash aprons are a bit of a "floating" fit. DO NOT FIT the new splash aprons until you have your new front and rear fenders. You will need to fit all of these together. There will be lots of adjustments on each side before the fenders are oriented correctly with the splash aprons and running boards. Good fit and alignment will require trial and error as an assembly before the proper fit/alignment is achieved. The fenders do not have their mounting holes drilled, so you will have to properly align everything before your drill the holes that attach them to the frame on the fronts and the running boards. Since you are building a C cab, you will have to make or buy some rear fender irons that will work with your body and new fenders. Don't fit the rear fenders until you have the body mounted on the chassis.

I have mounted countless sets of these new, early "T" fenders on both early and late chassis. Feel free to contact me directly and I can answer questions or give advice. [email protected] or 734-730-4274.

Last edited by gz; 05-09-2022 at 11:49 AM.
gz is offline   Reply With Quote