Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 04-14-2020, 10:05 AM   #1
Tim Ayers

Default Thoughts on Hershey in Oct?

I know October seems like a world away, but curious if anyone knows if there has been talk of postponing or cancelling Hershey?

I certainly pray we'll be coming of this mess by then and we'll be able to celebrate seeing one another again and the joy of our old cars.
Tim Ayers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2020, 11:11 AM   #2
32phil

Default Re: Thoughts on Hershey in Oct?

All we can do is Hope.......
Old 04-15-2020, 06:26 AM   #3
richard crow

if they move it up a month or two briing a snow shovel & long under wear
richard crow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2020, 07:04 AM   #4
Frank Miller

Nothing personal against anyone's thoughts but a whole summer of events canceled will ruin me. I really hope we can get back to business or at least start to by May 1. I'm not getting into a diatribe of opinions, which I do not lack in any form, but I think this is going to be very difficult to recover from and the harm may outdo the good. I'm just trying to stay positive and hope we can have Fitchburg on June 7. We'll still hold our distinction as the first show of the season.
Old 04-15-2020, 07:56 AM   #5
prpmmp

I'm thinking it all comes down to a vaccine and how fast and the amount needed to distribute around the world! Money? Politics? Get in the way? Pete
prpmmp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2020, 08:02 AM   #6
KGS

Quote:
Originally Posted by prpmmp View Post
I'm thinking it all comes down to a vaccine and how fast and the amount needed to distribute around the world! Money? Politics? Get in the way? Pete
Has there ever been a "vaccine" for a virus?
Ken
BTW Is the West Grove Hospital still in existence ? My Grandmother was a nurse there back in the thirties. They lived on Jackson Ave.
KGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2020, 08:52 AM   #7
tubman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Miller View Post
Nothing personal against anyone's thoughts but a whole summer of events canceled will ruin me. I really hope we can get back to business or at least start to by May 1. I'm not getting into a diatribe of opinions, which I do not lack in any form, but I think this is going to be very difficult to recover from and the harm may outdo the good. I'm just trying to stay positive and hope we can have Fitchburg on June 7. We'll still hold our distinction as the first show of the season.
Given your location, I believe you are "whistling in the dark".
tubman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2020, 10:12 AM   #8
woodiewagon46

Frank, we just had 3700 people die from this Chinese Virus yesterday, in New York City and you want to get back to business in two weeks? Not gonna happen.
woodiewagon46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2020, 10:19 AM   #9
ct1932ford

Pray to God this is over by Hershey and pray for all those infected and their families. At my age missing a Hershey is a big deal, but remember it could always be worse. God Bless!
Old 04-15-2020, 10:28 AM   #10
DavidG

Vaccines against viral infections? There are dozens of them ranging from measles, yellow fever, hepatitis, to influenza. Look in google under "list of viral vaccines".
DavidG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2020, 11:47 AM   #11
bob miller

Planned a fly for hershey this year. I wish i could go There.
bob miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2020, 01:40 PM   #12
Ronnieroadster

The AACA already has our money for the fall meet. If its canceled what a mess getting the refunds paid out. Plus the hotel already has the money for this years lodging another refund to deal with. Fingers crossed it happens Im already putting stuff aside to sell which Im sure will brighten the day for a new owner.
Ronnieroadster
First ever gas burning Ford flathead powered roadster to run 200 MPH at Bonneville Salt Flats setting the record August 7th 2021 at 205.744 MPH
Ronnieroadster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2020, 07:53 PM   #13
Blastfromthepast

Think positive but be realistic. We need a vaccine!! Without it there’s no Hershey.
China is working on a second level for a vaccine. Hope they have one soon.
Johnson and Johnson were given millions for reasearch to try and have a vaccine by September. Let’s hope it happens. This year is going to be a bumpy ride so hold on.
Stay home, stay safe, stay healthy, that’s about all we can do until it blows over.
Blastfromthepast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2020, 06:35 AM   #14
Tim Ayers

Thanks all for the input. I guess I was hoping for a light at the end of the tunnel and what a great light Hershey would be.

Most importantly, let's all try to stay safe and healthy so we're around to fool with these old cars.
Tim Ayers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2020, 07:22 AM   #15
prpmmp

Quote:
Originally Posted by KGS View Post
Has there ever been a "vaccine" for a virus?
Ken
BTW Is the West Grove Hospital still in existence ? My Grandmother was a nurse there back in the thirties. They lived on Jackson Ave.
I don't know where the hospital was, I heard about it(will look into it) I know Jackson street(in the Boro) The town only has one traffic light(probably does not need it)its at a T at old Baltimore Pike and RT 841. I moved here 31 yrs ago. There is a Hospital out of the Boro(2-3 miles west on Old Baltimore Pike) Do you know the exact address of your Grandmothers house(I'll take a picture for you)I'm sure its still there(lots of original homes left) Pete
prpmmp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2020, 08:02 AM   #16
Frank Miller

Need a vaccine? You realize this is survivable by 97% of the people who get it? Anyone got survival rates of small businesses that involuntarily stay closed for a month?
Old 04-16-2020, 08:09 AM   #17
KGS

Quote:
Originally Posted by prpmmp View Post
I don't know where the hospital was, I heard about it(will look into it) I know Jackson street(in the Boro) The town only has one traffic light(probably does not need it)its at a T at old Baltimore Pike and RT 841. I moved here 31 yrs ago. There is a Hospital out of the Boro(2-3 miles west on Old Baltimore Pike) Do you know the exact address of your Grandmothers house(I'll take a picture for you)I'm sure its still there(lots of original homes left) Pete
Thanks Pete. I'll dig around to try and find it. I'll PM you if I do. Ken
KGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2020, 05:54 PM   #18
BoxCar Tom

Frank, If your anxious to get back to work, the first thing you have to do is volunteer at a NYC ICU for 24 hours, do without any PPE if you feel particularly brave. Next, wave off any testing or vaccine. Is your will up to date?

97% survival rate? 3% are 100% dead
BoxCar Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2020, 06:37 PM   #19
Frank Miller

The people afraid of dying are making it so I do not want to live. I'd be up for it but nursing isn't my thing. I'll take a couple of kids quarantined to an abusive home out for a ride in an old car for a day. Give me an address. I bet they're not scared of any virus.
BTW you got any nice old cars you'd like to sell me cheap because those are not as safe as new ones.
Old 04-16-2020, 07:23 PM   #20
DavidG

Frank,

One thing you need not be worried about is a call from Stockholm advising you that you have won the Nobel Prize for humanitarian of the year. What you might consider doing is laying low when the families of not-so-lucky three percenters come looking for people who thought that all this was no big deal and advocate civil disobedience and abandon common sense.

Dave

Last edited by DavidG; 04-16-2020 at 08:43 PM. Reason: word tense change
DavidG is offline   Reply With Quote