Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 08-09-2020, 11:42 PM   #21
4 MAINS V8

Default Re: 1935 Ford Tudor Deluxe - Wheel Colour

Hi Don. I have a model 48 phaeton, which I am currently restoring and a very original unrestored model 60, both were manufactured in Canada and assembled in Dagenham England. Both cars have silver wheels. I have researched, the very limited information on English cars, through the net, old books and press advertising of the period and most cars appear also to have silver wheels. Most English Ford cars built between the 30’s onwards, until the wide use of alloys, left the factory with silver, or in some cases, body colour wheels. With your extensive knowledge, do you have any information to collaborate my information. Thanks John
Sorry should have pressed quote on Don Rogers last reply.

Last edited by 4 MAINS V8; 08-09-2020 at 11:48 PM.
4 MAINS V8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2020, 07:23 AM   #22
48-710

4 Mains,
I have the original rego paper's for my Aussie '35 roadster and it states that it's wheels were silver with the body colour Black .I'm guessing that silver wheels must have been a Commonwealth thing.
Regards, Gary
48-710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2020, 07:35 AM   #23
ghmwilson

Very interesting. I'm 99.9% sure my car originally had silver wheels on it, and it's Canadian. Could the medium apple green wheels only apply to the US assembled 35 Fords?
The pinstripe appears to be bright apple green, so that is in line with the US Fords.

Last edited by ghmwilson; 08-10-2020 at 07:51 AM.
ghmwilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2020, 09:34 AM   #24
Don Rogers

4 Mains...I'm out of my comfort zone talking color combinations for Canadian/Australian and English !935 Fords. The only information that I could find was a copy of a 1935 Canadian Dealer Album. It makes no reference to silver wheels. Color pictures show a black car with apple green wheels, a gun metal car with gun metal wheels, a blue car with red wheels and a vineyard green car with vineyard green or apple green wheels. That said, there may have been many wheel color combinations that I am unaware of.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Untitled-1.jpg (49.2 KB, 23 views)
Don Rogers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2020, 09:52 AM   #25
rockfla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Rogers View Post
4 Mains...I'm out of my comfort zone talking color combinations for Canadian/Australian and English !935 Fords. The only information that I could find was a copy of a 1935 Canadian Dealer Album. It makes no reference to silver wheels. Color pictures show a black car with apple green wheels, a gun metal car with gun metal wheels, a blue car with red wheels and a vineyard green car with vineyard green or apple green wheels. That said, there may have been many wheel color combinations that I am unaware of.
A wise 35/36 "chief judge" at the Grand National meet told us on our German 35...."Go with what you know to be right UNLESS/OR with what you can prove!!!"
rockfla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2020, 11:27 AM   #26
DavidG

Robert,

The flaw in that piece of advice is that the written judging rules of the Club state that the owner must be able to document the details (beyond the well-accepted obvious) of his car which collides sharply with "what you know to be right". Notwithstanding, smart judges will apply the rules to themselves as well and not deduct points for something that they cannot document. "I remember when...", etc., have no place in a fair and accurate judging process.
DavidG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2020, 12:04 PM   #27
rockfla

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidG View Post
Robert,

The flaw in that piece of advice is that the written judging rules of the Club state that the owner must be able to document the details (beyond the well-accepted obvious) of his car which collides sharply with "what you know to be right". Notwithstanding, smart judges will apply the rules to themselves as well and not deduct points for something that they cannot document. "I remember when...", etc., have no place in a fair and accurate judging process.
YES David, I did forget to add "Documented" in the "know to be right" portion as HE was standing on the large beach side of a "line drawn" in the sand (With documentation and plenty of "KNOW" on his side) and I, on the other hand was most of "neck Deep" on the short side of the proverbial line in the sand and "Plenty" of "NO PROOF" on my side!!! Was my point!!!!

Last edited by rockfla; 08-10-2020 at 12:28 PM.
rockfla is offline   Reply With Quote