Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 11-04-2021, 03:02 AM   #1
mercman from oz

Default Greatest Barn-Find Collection

Greatest Barn-Find Collection - BC Canada

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MrhRiiIAs5U
mercman from oz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2021, 04:54 AM   #2
mercman from oz

Default Re: Greatest Barn-Find Collection

For some reason, the attached Link (above) does not work? That is quite strange, as I personally watched this Video just before adding it to Ford Barn. That is where I got the above photo from? I saved the Link, and now, I can't view it either - all very strange.
Old 11-04-2021, 06:21 AM   #3
STEVE O

That's crazy, as I watched it earlier also now it won't work???
STEVE O is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2021, 08:10 AM   #4
Zax40

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercman from oz View Post
For some reason, the attached Link (above) does not work? That is quite strange, as I personally watched this Video just before adding it to Ford Barn. That is where I got the above photo from? I saved the Link, and now, I can't view it either - all very strange.
Try using the Share button on YouTube to get a link.
Zax40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2021, 08:29 AM   #5
Will D

Whoever posted the video to YouTube has changed the viewing settings from public to private.
Old 11-04-2021, 02:45 PM   #6
GB SISSON

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will D View Post
Whoever posted the video to YouTube has changed the viewing settings from public to private.
He's probably driving to BC right now with cash and decided to make it harder for the next guy. First guy there gets the prize(s). Sort of like 'It's a mad, mad, mad world.' Where's Jim Bacchus when we need him?
Owner/Operator of 'Jailbar Ranch' on the side of Mt. Pickett. Current stable consists of 1946 1/2 ton pickup turned woodie wagon with FH V8, 1947 Tonner Pickup (red) mostly stock with exception of a cummins 6at turbo diesel, 1946 Tonner Pickup (green) with 226 cu in 6 cyl flathead, 1979 Toyota landcruiser wagon, completely encased in 1947 Ford Jailbar sheet metal. Ok, cornbinder rear fenders..... 'Rusty ol' floorboards, hot on their feet' (Alan Jackson)
GB SISSON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2021, 05:03 PM   #7
mercman from oz

When you click onto the Link, it now says " Video unavailable - This Video is Private".
That is unfortunate, as I watched it before adding this Post.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MrhRiiIAs5U
Old 11-04-2021, 08:35 PM   #8
Newc

Well; there was a monster '32 collection that the went to a Sheriff's sale from Sheldon, WA; After the whole family got sent to the State Pen for very looong time. 2-3 yrs ago. these things are out there. Newc
Newc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2021, 09:23 PM   #9
tomcarman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newc View Post
Well; there was a monster '32 collection that the went to a Sheriff's sale from Sheldon, WA; After the whole family got sent to the State Pen for very looong time. 2-3 yrs ago. these things are out there. Newc
Do you mean Shelton, Wa? Maybe Deuce Roadster can shed some light. I hadn't heard about that, not that I pay much attention to that sort of stuff and I'm about 30 miles from there.
tomcarman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2021, 11:14 PM   #10
deuce_roadster

Hi Tom and Dale, This story is wildly exaggerated as to what car parts and cars were there when sold at a Shelton location. I know those involved and let me just say they belong where they are in jail and in a mental hospital. I will only say it involved child abuse and was quite shocking to me when it came to light. Even without the bad Karma, there wasn't anything there I even wanted.
The parts were stored at the house the 3 brothers grew up in down here near Shelton where one of the brothers not involved in the abuse issue lived before passing away, and parts up in Seattle near Green lake. The Ford cars were really a couple of plastic 32s on stock frames that have been sitting in leaky dirt floor garages for at least 40 years. Some of the parts from the Seattle house basement were in better shape. Years ago there was some good stuff but what came up for sale was all pretty marginal and not that plentiful.
Like usual, the true story gets exaggerated as it passes around. It was not by anybody's description a large 32 collection of stuff. Some parts yes but mostly junk.

Some of the story was probably confused with and mixed with an actual 32 collector in Seattle who passed away in 2014 that did have a large collection. TWO COMPLETELY DIFFERENT PEOPLE.
deuce_roadster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2021, 11:25 PM   #11
tomcarman

Thanks Mike for setting the story straight. Hopefully I'll see you soon. Things went a bit sideways this summer and haven't been out much. (Not health related, just some home infrastructure stuff).
tomcarman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2021, 12:00 AM   #12
Newc

Well; I got to preview one pile of '32 parts. A stack of 5 frames ect. and I bought a 'plastic' Wescott phaeton out of the mess. Local 2nd hand dealers bought large lots for resale. Newc
Newc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2021, 02:50 PM   #13
deuce_roadster

Dale, that phaeton body because it was too thick where it goes down over the rear of the frame sat for 20 years I know of with the cowl down on the frame and the back end up on top of where it goes over the rear axle. Hope it didn't put any permanent kinks in anything. When I first saw it, Bill told me it had been like that for at least 15 years with all kinds of stuff sitting on top of it. The owner was excited due to the low body number of that and bragged about it. I never saw a running car or anything close to that he owned. All he did was buy stuff. I know the dealer where all the stuff was in the pasture and mixed with her own stuff in one barn.. I was asked to help price the car parts . She was the main dealer who was asked to be involved.
deuce_roadster is offline   Reply With Quote