Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 01-03-2011, 07:59 AM   #1
Ray64

Default Ford Barn Reroute

For the last 2 days after i click on FORD BARN i am rerouted to another PAGE and then on to the Forum.Do i have a problem or are all readers having the same? Thanks RAY
Ray64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 08:06 AM   #2
BRENT in 10-uh-C

Default Re: Ford Barn Reroute

You have a virus on your computer Ray. Is it also showing up that you need to purchase a (bogus) anti-virus software --or that it wants you to run Microsofts anti-virus program?

BRENT in 10-uh-C
www.model-a-ford.com
...(...Finally Updated!! )

BRENT in 10-uh-C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 08:07 AM   #3
Kevin in NJ

Your computer may be compromised.

A common hijack is to make your computer go to other destinations to help your browsing experience. In some cases you add something to your computer that you think you want. In other cases it is something very nasty. In either case you really do not want it.

You need to run some tools to check for problems. Here are a few ideas, I am not up on all the tools.

rootkit removal tool

Spybot

The tougher stuff is if you put in some of these chat programs. They really get under the skin of your system and annoy the crap out of you. They can be a pain to remove. What you need to be concerned about is using any important passwords on your system. They may be reporting all key strokes back to a central site.

If you do not understand computers then ask someone who knows. Best buy and some of these other places are trying to sell you stuff and I know a few people that have spent some bucks and lost their data for fixable problems.
Kevin in NJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 08:22 AM   #4
MCHinson

Ray64,

What is the address in the address bar at the top of the page on the page that you are being routed to initially?

Are you being taken to that page when you first log onto the internet, or when you just try to go to the Model A Forum?

It could be something simple or it could be a significant problem. The answers to those questions might help us understand the problem better, to better advise you how to handle it.
MCHinson is offline   Reply With Quote