Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 02-17-2012, 12:11 AM   #61
'lilredcoupe

Send a message via AIM to 'lilredcoupe
Default Re: My car

Love it! Great story behind it as well. Every "A" has a quite a story, few owners know that story. I would like to comment on some of the negative replies, like the first reply, but I will refrain.
Old 02-17-2012, 12:15 AM   #62
Jordan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timothy Kelly View Post
With all due respect, both Chicle and Copra are shades of Brown.....not Maroon and not Green. My observation is not based upon color chips. Rather, it's from personal observation of a low mileage (7,000 miles) unmolested 1930 Murray Town Sedan.
i guess you misunderstood what i was trying to say: Everyone has their own version of chicle drab just like everyone has their own version of ford maroon.
Old 02-17-2012, 12:28 AM   #63
'lilredcoupe

Send a message via AIM to 'lilredcoupe

Originally Posted by Timothy Kelly
With all due respect, both Chicle and Copra are shades of Brown.....not Maroon and not Green. My observation is not based upon color chips. Rather, it's from personal observation of a low mileage (7,000 miles) unmolested 1930 Murray Town Sedan.

What the hell...

You can't win for trying here.
Old 02-17-2012, 01:05 AM   #64
BILL WILLIAMSON

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'lilredcoupe View Post
Love it! Great story behind it as well. Every "A" has a quite a story, few owners know that story. I would like to comment on some of the negative replies, like the first reply, but I will refrain.
Rob,
I like this response, you have CLASS!
Let's all hope that stupidity isn't contagious, should we stay in the house, or go line up at the pharmacy for an anti-stupidity injection?
Life is good! Bill W.
Old 02-17-2012, 03:02 AM   #65
TD

It's pretty obvious from the wealth of support for your fine ride in this thread there should never be apprehension in regards to posting. Appreciation for hard work and style is abundant here. Great people
Td
TD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 06:16 AM   #66
Jack '29 Sport Coupe

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
I like it------great for touring in that Texas heat!

Jack
Old 02-17-2012, 07:12 AM   #67
Roadster5040

Nice car really does not matter what people say. It's a driver so drive the wheels off of it.
Roadster5040 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 07:27 AM   #68
CountrySquire55

Jordan and Logan, Your car is great! Especially with your family history with the car. I am slowly rebuilding the brakes on my 31 S/W Town Sedan and hope to have my car on the road by March, then begin driving it everywhere, too! Keep having fun with your car!
CountrySquire55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 08:49 AM   #69
Ron Lowe

Very nice car! Glad to see you are enjoying it with great memories. Thank you for sharing the pictures. Good luck, Ron
Ron Lowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 09:36 AM   #70
RcT

A side note to all those with negative comments on Jordan's car... stock, touring, modified, whatever, your car better be absolute perfection and a 500 point car before you post pictures of your vehicle, or be open to the consequences. Obviously, Jordan takes pride in his ride. Well done, Jordan.
RcT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 09:42 AM   #71
Jordan

Quote:
Originally Posted by RcT View Post
A side note to all those with negative comments on Jordan's car... stock, touring, modified, whatever, your car better be absolute perfection and a 500 point car before you post pictures of your vehicle, or be open to the consequences. Obviously, Jordan takes pride in his ride. Well done, Jordan.
I find it funny how one of the negative commenters hasn't even gotten their car out of the back yard yet. "perfection" is an opinion, not a fact that's proven.

Last edited by Jordan; 02-17-2012 at 09:50 AM.
Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 10:27 AM   #72
zzlegend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan View Post
I find it funny how one of the negative commenters hasn't even gotten their car out of the back yard yet. "perfection" is an opinion, not a fact that's proven.
Well said Jordon. And your A is fine.
zzlegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 10:28 AM   #73
Tom Wesenberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modelakid31 View Post
Beautiful looking model a but its just.. you know.. like a regular car...they have shays for stuff like that. Its just not my cup of tea. Srry man.
I didn't take this to be a NEGATIVE comment, but just stating the fact that it wasn't exactly the way he would build a driver. He did say Jordan's car was beautiful. I wouldn't build a driver exactly like Jordan's either and that doesn't mean I'm being negative. For driving in the Texas heat I'd sure find a way to install A/C also. When I was in high school I said A/C was an unneccessary accessory, but the older I get, and after having A/C, I'd hate to be without it now.
Tom Wesenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 10:43 AM   #74
azmodela
BANNED

Quote:
i guess you misunderstood what i was trying to say: Everyone has their own version of chicle drab just like everyone has their own version of ford maroon.
Wow

Maybe he misunderstood, maybe you misstated.

Sounds like someone needs a lesson in humility!
azmodela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 11:27 AM   #75
BashawT

Awesome car! I like the story too! Hate to see your thread hijacked a bit as you were just trying to show us the car you love. Don't worry about what others say I think it has a lot of character!

Have fun!
BashawT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 12:29 PM   #76
Jordan

Quote:
Originally Posted by azmodela View Post
Wow

Maybe he misunderstood, maybe you misstated.

Sounds like someone needs a lesson in humility!
No i think i'm quite alright.
Old 02-17-2012, 12:51 PM   #77
Modelakid31

Send a message via AIM to Modelakid31

Quote:
We were not all HANDED cars like you and you brother. I saved since i was really little and paid 900 bucks fro my first chassis when i was 13. Then i saved up and got my tudor in 2009 when i was 17 and started restoring it since the night i got it home. All my time and hard work is going into this car. I dont look at my fathers a's as ones i got. They are his and i worked to get mine.

Seriously grow up. And by the way, even tho we are kids and most on here are adult/over 21, be respectful to the elders on here who disagree or whatno and dont reply stuff like "im right" cuz thats just messed up.

Last edited by Modelakid31; 02-17-2012 at 01:04 PM.
Modelakid31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 12:53 PM   #78
Modelakid31

Send a message via AIM to Modelakid31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Wesenberg View Post
I didn't take this to be a NEGATIVE comment, but just stating the fact that it wasn't exactly the way he would build a driver. He did say Jordan's car was beautiful. I wouldn't build a driver exactly like Jordan's either and that doesn't mean I'm being negative. For driving in the Texas heat I'd sure find a way to install A/C also. When I was in high school I said A/C was an unneccessary accessory, but the older I get, and after having A/C, I'd hate to be without it now.
Thank you tom. It wasnt negitive. Idky people start drama.
Modelakid31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 01:36 PM   #79
harleyjj

Really nice car! I'd love to have one like that for a daily driver. I bet even my bride would want to go out in the A more often if it had A/C and a real heater!

I think that there are more than enough A's to go around, and different cars serve different purposes for different owners!

In a perfect world I would have a un-restored original, a fine point show car and one just like you have set yours up. Instead I can only have one and my beat up old 30 Tudor with a few modern upgrades, worn uphlstery and some scrapes and bruises is just the ticket for cruise nights, touring, running into town for groceries and occasionally dropping my boy off at school so we can share the model A hobby with his school mates.

Kudos to you for adapting your A to suit your needs with out destroying the character of the car by chopping it up and droping a small block chevy in it.
harleyjj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 07:53 PM   #80
Tom H.

Very nice car Jordan.

modelakid31, when I first read some of your posts on this site I thought to myself, "now here is a young guy with a good head on his shoulders". However after reading your comments on this thread, I think that you remind me of myself when I was young and knew it all. Thankfully there was a cure for my condition, its called growing up.
Best of luck to you.
Tom H.

Last edited by Tom H.; 02-17-2012 at 09:08 PM. Reason: info
Tom H. is offline   Reply With Quote