Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 12-09-2015, 01:06 PM   #1
D's31

Default Anyone have any used tires for sale

Does anyone have any use tires that are in good condition for my 1931 tudor for sale? located in Ontario, California
D's31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2015, 01:34 PM   #2
Charlie Stephens

Default Re: Anyone have any used tires for sale

Remember tires have a shelf life. They also have a date code. You will get different opinions about the number of years a tire is good for but the number 10 keeps coming up. If they are older I would drive carefully and stay off of the freeway. You should post your ad in the "wanted" section.

Charlie Stephens
Charlie Stephens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2015, 01:51 PM   #3
H. L. Chauvin

Hi D,

Unless I missed one, I've never seen a humble person forwarding a single post asking for "used" tires ................... so original ....... love it.

Even if they were in the most terrible condition, they would be wonderful to have to help roll one's chassis outside, back inside, and around the garage during a restoration.

"Recycle Prize" ....... If there was such a prize, I think you would have a chance to win it.

Thanks for the reminder that "used" tires have great value.
H. L. Chauvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2015, 02:40 PM   #4
Fred K-OR

Quote:
Originally Posted by D's31 View Post
Does anyone have any use tires that are in good condition for my 1931 tudor for sale? located in Ontario, California
I have a number of tires, but they are 21 inch which are not to good for your 31. But if anyone wants them, PM me and if you pick them up, you can have them. Mine are good for use while you are rebuilding your rig or for just some local driving.
Fred K-OR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2015, 02:49 PM   #5
hardtimes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred K-OR View Post
I have a number of tires, but they are 21 inch which are not to good for your 31. But if anyone wants them, PM me and if you pick them up, you can have them. Mine are good for use while you are rebuilding your rig or for just some local driving.
Hey Fred,
Good on You !
hardtimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2015, 02:55 PM   #6
DougVieyra

D's 31 , Post # 1: ". . . my 1931 tudor for sale."

- So is your 1931 Tudor FOR SALE ? Are you taking your new tires off the car before the sale, and wanting to install used tires instead? A little more information about the reasoning behind your needs would be helpful in getting a successful reply.

Like others, I too have several used tires available - but even for FREE, the shipping costs would not justify getting them; so you will need to find some used tires that are nearby you, which would allow you to pick them up yourself. Remember - the FORD BARN is a nation-wide forum.
DougVieyra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2015, 05:49 PM   #7
ronn

I have bought many used tires on CL-probably would make the most "cents" for your location...........
ronn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2015, 06:05 PM   #8
D's31

thanks for the info
Old 12-10-2015, 06:14 PM   #9
D's31

HI Doug
You are right, my message does not make sense. What I wanted to say was if anyone has any used tires that have some thread and are not cracked to replace the cracked and flat tires that I have on right now. My car is not for sale. I would like some used tires to drive around the city

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougVieyra View Post

- So is your 1931 Tudor FOR SALE ? Are you taking your new tires off the car before the sale, and wanting to install used tires instead? A little more information about the reasoning behind your needs would be helpful in getting a successful reply.

Like others, I too have several used tires available - but even for FREE, the shipping costs would not justify getting them; so you will need to find some used tires that are nearby you, which would allow you to pick them up yourself. Remember - the FORD BARN is a nation-wide forum.
Old 12-10-2015, 06:15 PM   #10
D's31

Thanks will look into it

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronn View Post
I have bought many used tires on CL-probably would make the most "cents" for your location...........
Old 12-11-2015, 09:21 AM   #11
Not George

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougVieyra View Post

I too was a bit confused at first, then I slowed down and read it again. It didn't seem too hard to comprehend.

Perhaps the coma would help, he also states his location, but thanks for your clarification of the Ford Barn nation wide status.

Does anyone have any use tires that are in good condition for my 1931 tudor, for sale? located in Ontario, California

Merry Christmas

Last edited by Not George; 12-11-2015 at 09:31 AM.
Not George is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2015, 09:41 AM   #12
eagle

If you aren't picky about looks or ... you can get used motorcycle tires for about nothing $.
Old 12-11-2015, 11:04 AM   #13
BlueSunoco

.... or Bedford-Allstate-Garfield nylon tires (all the same tire) with the ugly zig-zag tread pattern. They don't seem to wear out fast enough.
BlueSunoco is offline   Reply With Quote