Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Closed Thread

Old 08-29-2022, 05:00 PM   #41
Jim_Chesapeake_VA

Default Re: Paul Shinns block adventure

Like Lenny above my wife and I purchased our first Model A (29 Tudor) this past April. I won't not even attempted buying the car without Paul's videos. They have helped me out tremendously with the sorting out of the car (I have a long way to go but we had our first drive this weekend). Paul, like everyone here, makes mistakes. It's ok, what is important is that we learn from them. I managed to mess up the paint on my gas tank during the 4 month cleaning process (lacquer thinner). I appreciate all the vendors including Burtz Engines who make it possible for all of us to enjoy these cars.
Old 08-30-2022, 11:08 AM   #42
edgar44

Paul asked Terry to answer here, in full view of the public, to put this to rest. Let's show some respect...both sides now!
Old 08-30-2022, 12:50 PM   #43
Terry Burtz, Calif

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgar44 View Post
Paul asked Terry to answer here, in full view of the public, to put this to rest. Let's show some respect...both sides now!

I'm happy to answer any questions. Please state the questions.

Paul has an email asking him to repack his "New Engine" parts, take pictures of the shipment, where the shipment can be picked up, and the shipper's contact information.

The shipment will be sent to a modern machine shop in CA that has precision measuring equipment and the knowledge to accurately measure all parts.

When the measurements are available, I will be happy to post them here on FordBarn.
Old 08-30-2022, 01:06 PM   #44
jack backer
BANNED

As should have transpired before “show time”
Old 08-30-2022, 04:53 PM   #45
P.S.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry Burtz, Calif View Post

Paul has an email asking him to repack his "New Engine" parts, take pictures of the shipment, where the shipment can be picked up, and the shipper's contact information.

The shipment will be sent to a modern machine shop in CA that has precision measuring equipment and the knowledge to accurately measure all parts.

When the measurements are available, I will be happy to post them here on FordBarn.
No email yet. And, you're pasting the same messages on multiple forums again. Can we please just pick one?

Thank you!
Paul
Old 08-30-2022, 04:54 PM   #46
P.S.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jack backer View Post
As should have transpired before “show time”
You don't have all the facts.
Old 08-30-2022, 06:44 PM   #47
P.S.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry Burtz, Calif View Post

Email ha been received. Thank you! I will do as instructed.

I hope you don't mind if I make a video showing the measurements Willie and I made, and how we made them so we can compare notes when your machine shop makes theirs? I like to learn from mistakes if any are made. Thanks!
Old 08-30-2022, 06:50 PM   #48
jack backer
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by P.S. View Post
You don't have all the facts.
Consider yourself fortunate.
Old 08-30-2022, 07:05 PM   #49
Ayers1

Quote:
Originally Posted by History View Post
I shouldn’t and I know it BUT,,,, I believe this can be settled if everyone can keep their egos in check. I say that knowing I have an ego myself and understand that egos like to WIN!! I don’t think Paul was trying cause problems for Mr Burtz or anyone here. I’ve watched lots of his videos and appreciate them, I also appreciate mr Burtz for making these blocks as we surely need them. We all make mistakes but as I told my father in law after realizing that I had pissed him off, I didn’t do it knowing I was doing the wrong thing or my real words to him, “I didn’t do it saying screw him”. Intent is the key and I don’t think Paul “intended” to cause problems for Mr Burtz. Could it have been handled better? Yes probably so. Is Paul right about everything??? Is Mr Burtz right about everything? Nobody here is always right with the exception of me. 😉

This doesn’t have to fall apart and enemies made that weren’t enemies yesterday.
I’m not usually the voice of reason, I’m usually the guy doing stupid stuff and not meaning to.

I have to agree with this statement. I have watched many of Paul's videos and am very impressed with them. I am also amazed that someone has taken the time to get a brand new block built for our hobby. These are 2 well meaning guys that are in the middle of a misunderstanding. It should be worked out between them and no one else.
Old 08-30-2022, 07:26 PM   #50
todd3131

I came into this thread after the video was pulled down so I don't know what the issue is with the measurements. What I do know is a issue has arisen about a motor that we are planning to buy after I do my due diligence as to what needs to be done and who I trust to build it. I am confident that if Paul is proven that he made a mistake he will own it. If he is proven correct they will back up the work and that is all anyone can ask. Now being that this is in public we all have more than a passing curiosity as to this issue because it can affect my decisions. I ask that once the two parties agree to a resolution they do a post mortem for us so we can apply a solution if any to our own projects. Thank you
Closed Thread