Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 05-21-2010, 07:48 PM   #1
Broman

Default Ford blue prints

I am a drafter by trade and I love looking at old blue prints. I have seen beautiful original blue prints from the power and water utility that I work at and it is always neat to see when most of the prints are done on computers now.

I have seen a few blue prints here and there of old Ford chassis and even a few bodies. I was wondering if any of you old Ford Barn guys have ever seen or know where a fella could get something like that.

Seems like they are out there somewhere and I think it would be great to have a copy. It would be absolutly thrilling to lay eyes on engine blue prints, that would be the bee's knees.

I have searched around a few different times for this and usually come up dry.

~Broman
Old 05-21-2010, 09:08 PM   #2
PeteVS

Default Re: Ford blue prints

I'm pretty sure that Ford maintains an extensive archive system at Dearborn and there have been posts on the old FordBarn that someone was going out to find certain information. It's also my understanding that they're very tight about making unauthorized (unpaid for) copies of anything and it's also possible that there's a lot of theft of drawings, etc. I could be wrong on any part of this.
PS: I'm a retired drafter / designer- started out pencil on vellum, ended up doing 3D modeling in ProEngineer. I appreciate the old work too.
Old 05-21-2010, 09:16 PM   #3
Lawson Cox

Yes. Ford archives has blue prints on most any part you need to look at.
Lawson Cox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 08:57 AM   #4
jerry grayson

I n reality, the Ford engineering drawings are at the Benson Ford Research Center in Dearborn MI. They are located next to the Henry Ford Museum and Ford Motor Co. Has no connection to them now. You can look at them free,but copies have a price.
jerry grayson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 09:02 AM   #5
Broman

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
So you're saying that they sell them - or that they are virtually impossible to get at all?

I'd love to have a full blown set of the engine details, but I am not sure if i want to pay museum prices for them.

I know you can get Harley Davidson prints. I saw licenced copies for sale somewhere. If I recall correctly they were in the 300 dollar range for D-sized prints. Not too bad concidering everyone on earth is straight up stealing HD look, sound, and feel these days. Not that I mind too much, but what kills me is that people are choosing to give their money to Japan to get something that emotes America. Just so that they aren't paying a few extra bucks for the name plate. Well let's not open that can of worms. I don't need to start my first Ford Barn fight...

~Bro