Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 01-21-2015, 08:08 PM   #41
ODFever

Default Re: You and the AAA

I have AAA Plus. I've used it countless times with my collector vehicles as well as modern vehicles. I have towing coverage through my insurance company on my modern vehicles as well, but it is so much easier to call AAA and request a flatbed to be dispatched to my location. I have to pay out of pocket and submit for reimbursement if I use the towing coverage provided by my insurance company. I plan on upgrading to AAA Premier if/when I do any long range tours in my Model A.
Old 01-21-2015, 08:49 PM   #42
triumphleroy

Someone posted that they had Hagerty's Roadside Assistance (think it is called).
Just wondered had any one used that roadside assistance plan, or any other Collectors Insurance plan?
triumphleroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 12:23 PM   #43
nhusa

We have AAA Plus for me and my wife and a separate AAA plus for my daughter who lives 50 miles from us.

My Daughter's AAA is a Christmas present but in reality it is a present for me because it allows me to sleep.

A few months ago she got a flat tire on her Mini Cooper which does not have a spare (no room) so she had it towed to my house and took my spare vehicle.
All her tires were a bit bad worn so I was able to get her new ones at a good price because I could do some shopping around
nhusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 06:30 PM   #44
marty in Ohio

This past summer was a good year for me but in 2013 I used AAA 3 times. When you call they ask what kind of car you are driving. When you tell them it's a Ford Model A they always send a flatbed. The times I had to use them, they asked me how to hook up. The last guy called his boss and asked if it was O.K. to take such an old car. He took me much farther than my miles allowed, but he didn't charge because he got such a thrill and said he could go back to the garage and brag that he had hauled the oldest car. They even helped me push it in to my garage.
marty in Ohio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 06:49 PM   #45
Mike V. Florida

Send a message via AIM to Mike V. Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by marty in Ohio View Post
This past summer was a good year for me but in 2013 I used AAA 3 times. When you call they ask what kind of car you are driving. When you tell them it's a Ford Model A they always send a flatbed. The times I had to use them, they asked me how to hook up. The last guy called his boss and asked if it was O.K. to take such an old car. He took me much farther than my miles allowed, but he didn't charge because he got such a thrill and said he could go back to the garage and brag that he had hauled the oldest car. They even helped me push it in to my garage.
Funny, as the last time I had to use them the driver came by to say he had a quick job to do and he would be right back within 1/2 hour. He ask what car I needed to have towed and I pointed to the A. He said "I thought they were kidding, the hell with the other job". He radioed base and told them they needed to find someone else for the short job.
Old 01-22-2015, 06:49 PM   #46
31 Model A

Location: Here I am in front of Todd's Grocery in 1931 selling Grit newspapers

These have been all good stories, glad I asked the question.

"Hey Lady, ya wanna buy a Grit?"

"If you don't learn to laugh at trouble, you won't have anything to laugh at when you're old" Will Rogers
31 Model A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 09:18 PM   #47
MBI Houston

Be aware that Flat Bed service is not available in all parts of the country and on a very limited basis in some areas. You may have to wait a long time for them to get a flat bed for your tow. Still, it is a great service.
MBI Houston is offline   Reply With Quote