Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 04-28-2023, 05:37 AM   #21
Model A Ron

Default Re: Model A vs Model T

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwilliams81 View Post
I have had my Model A for going on 7 years. It is completely stock (6v generator, no overdrive, no turn signals, no seat belts, no thermostat). I drive it to work everyday that there is not salt on the roads in the winter. I drive on backroads only so no interstate driving. I have put 5,000 miles a year on her every year (30,000 miles in 6 years).

I have had my Model T for one solid year (June of 2022). In that time I have put 1,800 miles on her. She is amazing and I find myself wanting to drive her to work daily...but I only drive her to work during the summer and on Fridays.

The Model A to me is almost the oldest car that can keep up in day-to-day traffic. It isn't as annoying to other drivers as the Model T can be. When the stop light turns green I take off at the same speed as modern cars, and there isn't much of a lag between gear shifts.

I think you are correct in that the simplicity of the Model T is a true joy to observe and drive. My Model T is a 23' Touring car and there is an indescribable elegance around the car. With the top up or down, she just looks elegant.

I love both and I am very blessed to own both. I don't think I could pick if I only had to own one! You can't really pick a favorite child can you?
My 1915 Touring has a Warford overdrive and she will hold 40 to 45 without issue. I could go over 50 but the car feels to top heavy to do that. Please note I also have rear disk brakes as i would never take a T that fast without being able to stop.
Model A Ron is offline   Reply With Quote