Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 06-15-2019, 10:55 AM   #21
Keith True

Default Re: LED head lights

Badpuppy,the lights in that link are for signals,parking,etc.They are to be seen,not to see with.It says that in the rap sheet,so focus is not an issue with those.Those aren't the headlight ones.Seems like some are using those in headlights because they have the same base.
Keith True is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2019, 04:01 AM   #22
Karl

Quote:
Originally Posted by msmaron View Post
There is no question that these are NOT ready for model a's at all, They are NOT focusable and cannot be aimed correctly, There is no high beam it is only a bright beam with more filaments, there have been extensive reviews on these and you can see them on the ford vintage. They only spread the light same as an LED in your backyard...it only lightens the area and not the direction you drive....I have done an extensive experiment on these IMHO..
You are correct -I have tried them in both my Model A and 34 Fordor . In both LEDs seemed to provide more driving light . HOWEVER testing them on a properly calibrated machine ( as legally required in this country) revealed that although there is lots of light it doesn't fall were it should i.e on the road. So IMHO ( and scientifically supported ) I wouldn't use them -Karl
Old 06-16-2019, 04:12 AM   #23
Karl

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlG View Post
I had the same problem. Third time was the charm.

I finally found mine at:

http://www.dynamoregulatorconversion...bulbs-shop.php
Part # CE1A, 12v 21/5w BAY 15D Amber White - Neg Earth

(They do have the equivalent in 6 volt positive as well)
That's where I got mine from . See my previous post on this thread-When tested on a calibrated machine they didn't perform as they should. I would encourage you and any one else with LEDs to get them properly tested. Many of us on here are getting on hence our eyes are not as good as they once were and the last thing we need is lights that actually make it harder to see when driving at night .-Karl
Old 06-17-2019, 08:02 AM   #24
Badpuppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith True View Post
Badpuppy,the lights in that link are for signals,parking,etc.They are to be seen,not to see with.It says that in the rap sheet,so focus is not an issue with those.Those aren't the headlight ones.Seems like some are using those in headlights because they have the same base.
Right, I didn't pay attention - those are BA15S, lnot BA15D. However the thread topic is "head lights". I was referring to the double-contact bulb they sell claiming it's for headlights.

Last edited by Badpuppy; 06-17-2019 at 08:08 AM.
Badpuppy is offline   Reply With Quote