Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 09-22-2014, 10:22 PM   #21
fgump

Default Re: ToBacco Road Tour room for Ford barn people up date

Quote:
Originally Posted by w.michael View Post
Pictures. We want pictures.

W. Michael
Lots of pics coming, but I've been working in the repair tent since Sunday at 2, and it's been a busy week so far...
fgump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 11:29 AM   #22
fgump

Check our club's website for the most updated pictures/videos/articles.

http://www.tarwheela.com/

Dad, Steve and I are pretty tired (repair tent crew), but had a blast meeting so many new people. Special thanks to George Miller and Bill DeVore for all their hard work getting that wristpin resolved; that one took a village!

I had a reporter ride with me on the Grand Tour, and it was a lot of fun, even in the chilly wet conditions. You can see his article here http://www.newsobserver.com/2014/09/.../102/110/&rh=1 and video here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_1izo4KZa4

Words for the week: head gasket, brake adjustments, starter. Those were our most common issues at the repair tent.

Had a broken valve spring Sunday, that was unusual.

Bill

Last edited by fgump; 09-25-2014 at 11:36 AM.
Old 09-25-2014, 12:01 PM   #23
TimM

Here is a picture early on at the opening picnic. This was not all the cars, but a good representation. Beautiful night in NC and some outstanding Model A's. The "professional" pictures will be on our website soon, I am sure. Thought one right now might be OK!!

By the way NCDAVE, the name was chosen because many folks refer to the highway between Chapel Hill and Durham as the "Tobacco Road" which connects the Blue Devils and the Tarheels basketball teams. Us being the "TarWheels" it seemed appropriate.

Tim
Attached Images
File Type: jpg TarwheelsA.jpg (53.3 KB, 35 views)
TimM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 12:32 PM   #24
NCDave

By the way NCDAVE, the name was chosen because many folks refer to the highway between Chapel Hill and Durham as the "Tobacco Road" which connects the Blue Devils and the Tarheels basketball teams. Us being the "TarWheels" it seemed appropriate.

Tim[/QUOTE]

OK..that makes sense. Nice cars, nice event. Very nice website, too. Thanks.
NCDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 02:06 PM   #25
fgump

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimM View Post
Here is a picture early on at the opening picnic. This was not all the cars, but a good representation. Beautiful night in NC and some outstanding Model A's. The "professional" pictures will be on our website soon, I am sure. Thought one right now might be OK!!

Tim
Sadly, at least 3 of the total weren't there; my Dad and I were still at the repair tent working on a broken valve spring on a Victoria, thus, missing were a Victoria, a '29 Tudor, and '31 Closed Cab PU.
Old 09-25-2014, 10:18 PM   #26
w.michael

Thank you for all the pictures. I wish I could be there, but it was not to be. Thanks to all the TarWheelA's for sponsoring this tour and for all your hard work for the hobby and the club.

W. Michael
w.michael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2014, 10:44 AM   #27
Skibb

[QUOTE=fgump;951599]Sadly, at least 3 of the total weren't there; my Dad and I were still at the repair tent working on a broken valve spring on a Victoria, thus, missing were a Victoria, a '29 Tudor, and '31 Closed Cab PU.[/QUOT

Gump, Your Club's tour was terrific. Next time, I'll just watch your team at the "Repair Tent". You guys worked from sun up till midnight doing wonders on dozens of cars over the course of the event - mine included and a big, big Thank you to you all. Henry would have been proud of you.

Last edited by Skibb; 09-28-2014 at 10:55 AM.
Skibb is offline   Reply With Quote