Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 12-20-2020, 12:31 PM   #21
35fordtn

Default Re: Van pelt Sales

We’ve been charging for postal but shipping UPS and eating the difference on phone orders. The post office at the rate they have been the last 6 weeks has literally cost us thousands. Back to the original purpose of the thread, Mac and Shelley have experienced the same postal issues we have and it’s good to know they made things right by the customer.
35fordtn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2020, 04:49 PM   #22
Jeff/Illinois

Quote:
Originally Posted by dono50 View Post
Joe’s antique auto is my “go to vendor” . Been trading there for years, fast service, honest shipping costs, friendly service and an extensive inventory.
Me too. Joe's in Uxbridge, Mass. AND Mac Van Pelt are both top notch folks, super to deal with
Jeff/Illinois is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
Old 12-20-2020, 08:39 PM   #23
Tim Ayers

Quote:
Originally Posted by 35fordtn View Post
We’ve been charging for postal but shipping UPS and eating the difference on phone orders. The post office at the rate they have been the last 6 weeks has literally cost us thousands. Back to the original purpose of the thread, Mac and Shelley have experienced the same postal issues we have and it’s good to know they made things right by the customer.
That is very generous of you, Michael.
Tim Ayers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2020, 08:55 AM   #24
Frank Miller

The original post was about delayed shipment. How the vendor made good on it was nice but I posted what I did to make people aware that a major shipper in the game is being taken off the lists of major suppliers.

It is nice that some vendors can eat the losses as a result of trying to ship to you the cheapest way possible. Not all may be able to afford it nor should they have to.

While everyone has their favorite and I do agree with all the comments here, I do not want to see any vendor suffer as a result of bad reviews due to the post office. Every single one of them makes this game affordable for us. It is not easy to run a business.