Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 02-02-2022, 11:18 AM   #1
37 Coupe

Default Old Fordbarn friend Bovar?

I haven't heard or seen anything for years from Bovar/aka Billy Biscoe from North Carolina but this morning I got a strange email from him. I suspect it is a hack or a scam and not him at all and may have originated from Fordbarn post I started a couple days ago. I actually do hope it is from him but also actually just hope he is okay and still active.Last time I saw him was on American Pickers and that was 2011.I sold him a flathead engine a couple years before that. Anybody know if he is okay and maybe just off th Fordbarn now?
Old 02-03-2022, 06:21 AM   #2
oldandtired

Default Re: Old Fordbarn friend Bovar?

Bovar used to set up near me at the old Maggie Valley meet and we set up next to each other when the meet moved to Fletcher, NC. I quit going to the meet, so I do not know if he is still around. Going to the swap meets used to be like a reunion where we saw old friends we didn't normally get to see otherwise as well as meeting some new folks. Courtesy of COVID, it's been a few years now since I have been to any swap meets. I hope to go to Charlotte in the Spring this year. I don't really have much to sell, and I do not need anything except maybe some shop supplies, but it would sure be nice to see some of the old friends again.
oldandtired is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2022, 07:11 PM   #3
v8fordman

I had a friend call me today who lives a few miles from Billy. I asked if he was still around and he said he actually spoke to him this past weekend. So to answer your question…he is still around.
v8fordman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2022, 09:32 AM   #4
37 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by v8fordman View Post
I had a friend call me today who lives a few miles from Billy. I asked if he was still around and he said he actually spoke to him this past weekend. So to answer your question…he is still around.
That is real good to know,Thank you. I sold him a 49-53 engine and was able to crate it and ship it to him a few years before we both were on Fordbarn or probably computers for that matter. I had just bought my '37 coupe and he told me he had one also but it was a little different than mine,it was Ralph Earnhardt's stock car.