Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 02-12-2013, 11:08 AM   #21
BrianBurkert

Default Re: 1928 Tudor on EBAY

My friend has a Tudor something like that. He used a concoction of oils (Gibbs penetrant, I think) and it richened up the patina a bit. Also preserved the rusty areas.
BrianBurkert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 03:58 PM   #22
TudooR31

That's the 1st time I've seen an inside sun visor on a Model A. Were they available as options or period after market?
TudooR31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 06:44 PM   #23
1931 flamingo

Vicky's and slants had them.
Paul in CT
1931 flamingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 06:54 PM   #24
Russell in Tulsa

This is a 28 not a Slant or A Vicky. Someone must have added it, huh?
Correct me if I'm wrong.
Russell in Tulsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 08:38 PM   #25
Art Bjornestad

The sun visors on my slant window are at least a third larger than those pictured
Art Bjornestad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 09:52 PM   #26
FordMike

I would jump on it if I had the money. Cars in that condition just don't come up in my area, or on the northeast in general. I would love to get my hands on a car that nice. It would be awesome to just get it going and leave it as is.

As for the title I wouldn't hold your breath that its easy to get a title in Ohio. If it was easy the seller would have gotten one and used it as a selling point, we all know that a title adds significant value to cars as well.

Just my 2 cents
FordMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 10:41 AM   #27
Big John

at least make sure you get a detailed and dated bill of sale.....
Big John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 09:43 PM   #28
QGolden

Looks like she might not sell, less than an hour to go an no bids. Maybe he will lower the starting price next time around, or sell it at absolute auction so he is guaranteed to sell it.

It is the very things that we think we know, that keep us from learning what we should know.- Unknown
QGolden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 09:48 PM   #29
Rowdy
BANNED

Sounds likie wishful thinking on your part. Most things that sell manage to do so in the last couple of minutes. A reserve usually means the least they will take for it and do not often come back for sale any cheaper. Rod
Old 02-14-2013, 08:19 AM   #30
Aok

Quote:
Originally Posted by QGolden View Post
Looks like she might not sell, less than an hour to go an no bids. Maybe he will lower the starting price next time around, or sell it at absolute auction so he is guaranteed to sell it.
Best thing to do with a ebay vehicle is go see the car and make the seller a offer. Cash in person usually lowers the price and ends the auction unless it has a crazy high reserve
Aok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 08:51 AM   #31
QGolden

Well, in any case it closed with no bids. Interesting to see what happens next.

It is the very things that we think we know, that keep us from learning what we should know.- Unknown
Old 02-14-2013, 09:19 AM   #32
1931 flamingo

There's a good possibility it will sell anyway if a potential buyer has contacted the seller and they've come to an agreement. Or as so often happens it will be re-posted. JMO
Paul in CT
1931 flamingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 12:41 PM   #33
Franchise_24

Do you all really think that was a good price for the car in that condition? Maybe I'm crazy or just lucky, but I purchased a '28 Leatherback that has a perfect paint job, ran, and only needed interior for a little more than the starting price of that eBay car.
Old 02-14-2013, 12:56 PM   #34
Special Coupe Frank

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franchise_24 View Post
Do you all really think that was a good price for the car in that condition? Maybe I'm crazy or just lucky, but I purchased a '28 Leatherback that has a perfect paint job, ran, and only needed interior for a little more than the starting price of that eBay car.

How long ago, where, and under what circumstances ?

(As long as we're gathered round the stove here...)
Special Coupe Frank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 10:43 PM   #35
Mike V. Florida

Send a message via AIM to Mike V. Florida

Quote:
Yes very lucky!!!

This is from the seller;

The car has sat for over 12years. The cylinders were filled with oil, but I would assume that it is sludge by now. Except for the missing items listed the car is complete. The body would need sand, primed and painted. The main work you would face is replacing the 85 year old interior.
Old 02-14-2013, 11:02 PM   #36
sturgis39

The seller was probably an honest seller. A lot of sellers have ghost bidders. I never bid until the end is close. If there are a lot of early bids they are probably by the seller. I think it was s good buy.
sturgis39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 11:51 PM   #37
QGolden

Quote:
I don't think the price was any bargain, and since it did not get any bids i guess others did not think so either. That being said, I think if it were here in northern New England, if it were listed on Craigslist, it would be gone in a weekend. There are darned few that pop up here in that kind original condition.

I'd love to have it, I would get it running, leave the exterior alone, and do the interior pristine.

Old 02-15-2013, 10:00 AM   #38
sturgis39

Quote:
Originally Posted by QGolden View Post
I don't think the price was any bargain, and since it did not get any bids i guess others did not think so either. That being said, I think if it were here in northern New England, if it were listed on Craigslist, it would be gone in a weekend. There are darned few that pop up here in that kind original condition.

I'd love to have it, I would get it running, leave the exterior alone, and do the interior pristine.
Qgolden.

Your are the reason people bid on their own stuff. The sellers want to make it look like their item has a lot of interest. You have to kind of do your own thinking instead of falling for auction gimmicks.
sturgis39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 10:02 AM   #39
Franchise_24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Special Coupe Frank View Post
How long ago, where, and under what circumstances ?

(As long as we're gathered round the stove here...)
April 2012, Michigan, no special circumstances. Was listed on Craigslist.
Old 02-16-2013, 08:49 AM   #40
QGolden

Quote:
Originally Posted by sturgis39 View Post
Qgolden.

Your are the reason people bid on their own stuff. The sellers want to make it look like their item has a lot of interest. You have to kind of do your own thinking instead of falling for auction gimmicks.
Sturgis39,
Your comment to me is a little antagonistic and I am not sure what I said to to offend you, or deserve it. I have bought and sold a fair amount on ebay, not a power seller, but my ratings are over 100 with 100% positive reviews. I have bought and sold a lot of vehicles there. I have never fallen for an "auction gimmick" nor have I participated in one. I said I don't think his price was a bargain, I said I think it would sell quickly here in New England, I said I would love to have it.

In this case the seller clearly did not bid on his own stuff as it received no bids. He put up with a high starting price, probably because he does not have a lot of experiences with auctions and wanted to protect his interest.

In my comments, and understanding the outcome of this auction, exactly why am I the reason that people bid on their own stuff on eBay?

Last edited by QGolden; 02-16-2013 at 08:59 AM.