Go Back   The Ford Barn > The Swap Meet > For Sale > Late V8

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 05-20-2022, 07:47 PM   #1
zuburg

Default Many air-cooled Fordomatic transmission parts

City: Raleigh
State: NC
Price: Offers

I have nearly enough parts to build an entire air-cooled Fordomatic transmission. While this transmission came out of a 1956 Thunderbird, I found it was not a Thunderbird transmission and bought another “real” Thunderbird transmission to replace it. The reason I have this transmission in parts is I was having it rebuilt before I bought a replacement.

I’m not a transmission guy, but I think everything should be there except the bell housing and torque converter.

The number stamped on the case is: PAC-7008-C

I also have a turbine from the torque converter that has 16 splines that could be used to modify a 27 spline torque converter to fit the shaft with this transmission.

Please let me know if you could use any/or all of these parts and make an offer.
zuburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2022, 04:37 PM   #2
zuburg

Default Re: Many air-cooled Fordomatic transmission parts

I thought I would add some more pictures and clarify that I would sell individual parts if you need any specific Fordomatic parts. Just let me know if you are interested in any of the individual parts such as shafts, gears, copper clutch plates, valve body, fluid pan or even the case or tail piece.

I’m not a mechanic, but all these parts were from a transmission that was installed in a 1956 Thunderbird, but my restorer found it did not originally come from a Thunderbird so I bought another transmission that did come from a T-bird for him to rebuild.

Since I’m not a mechanic, I don’t know what all these parts are, so if you are interested in something specific you may have to describe it and then I could send you a picture to make sure I have what you want.

I don’t want to junk any of this if anyone can use them.
Old 10-02-2022, 09:01 PM   #3
zuburg

Default Re: Many air-cooled Fordomatic transmission parts

Just one more post. If anyone wants any of these transmission parts they are yours for the taking, just pay the shipping cost.

I may be moving soon and won’t have room to store them, and I would hate to have to scrap them.