Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-07-2018, 05:45 PM   #1
wingski

Default Is it a bad time to sell?

After installing a new Randy Gross F100 steering box, aligning the front-end, and getting my ’29 cabriolet running and driving perfectly, I put it up for sale again. I originally asked $16,500, but after putting more than another thousand into it, I’m now asking $17,500.

I thought I would get a lot of response with summer coming up, and it being a convertble. However, I haven’t got nearly as much response as I did when I advertised it for $16,500 a month ago. I’ve only had one guy who I think was a scammer respond to my ad on Craigslist.

I know that a lot of you are leary as hell about Craigslist and rightfully so. I’m not worried about scams because I will only sell my car for cash and even then I’d take that cash to the bank to have it verified and deposited before I turn over the title.

My question is: What’s going on? This car of mine is definitely rare and is in really good shape, and the pictures I posted with the ad show that. My asking price is very fair considering that MAFCA and MARC both consider the minimum value of a driving 1929 cabriolet to be a minimum of $25,000. I consider that to be high and have priced the car accordingly. Am I asking too little to get serious buyers and collector’s attention?

Is there something going on that makes it a bad time to sell something like the cabriolet? If there is, I’ll pull the ad and wait for a better time. However, I really don’t want to do that because I think that it’s the perfect time to sell a car like this.

You can look at my ad and see what you think. https://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/cto/6551823839.html

Any advice will be appreciated,

Mike
wingski is offline   Reply With Quote