Go Back   The Ford Barn > The Archives > Model-T

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 01-01-1970, 12:00 AM   #1

Default price

My dad left me his dad's 1914 model T all original including serial# on radiator housing and under seat. completely restored ready to drive. I need to sell it to pay for expenses could someone tell me it's approximate value.

Old 01-01-1970, 12:00 AM   #2

Default Maybe you should rethink this?

I would say that it is worth a million or so. To you. If this is truly your grandfathers car, and your father saved it for you to have, don't you think you should keep it?

I have a few family heirlooms myself, a clock my great-great grandmother owned, a table her husband made, etc. I would not part with them for the world.

If storing the car is a problem, I am sure someone with a big garage, basement, or barn will help you out until you get back on your feet.

Find another way to pay your bills, you might regret selling this later on.

Old 01-01-1970, 12:00 AM   #3

Default Re: Yes Sir!

I agree, if storage is a problem you could find a museum that would be glad to display a restored 14! Of course you could get it back later when you were ready. I have the 17 that my dad bought when he was a kid in the 50's. He died a young man of 36 and I wouldn't give that T up at gunpoint.

Old 01-01-1970, 12:00 AM   #4

Don't sell it! Financial problems can be solved. But you will never get that piece of family memorabilia back again.

Note: Check with your local friendly Ford dealer. He might be happy to display your T in his showroom.

Old 01-01-1970, 12:00 AM   #5

Tim,

I would love to keep it but I have no choice but to sell it. My dad did not have any life or death insurance. With the hospital bills and funeral expenses the amount is staggering. I would like to know what I could possibly get for it and then will know how much I will need to borrow to pay the difference, the amount I can borrow is limited.

Old 01-01-1970, 12:00 AM   #6

Default Re: I understand

I would guess if its a real head turner and nice running recently restored car with all the correct parts it would be in the 12,000-15,000 range. Deductions will be made if major items have been changed or are deemed incorrect, that is, if this car had the engine replaced with a 1921 engine for instance that would drop it a good amount.

Find someone local to you who has a strong knowledge of T's and the T market in your area. They could look the car over and give you a more accurate estimate. I hope this helps.

I didn't mean to be critical in the previous post and I can see that if given the choice you would rather keep the car. I understand that we all have to do things from time to time that we would rather not.