Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 05-31-2021, 10:02 AM   #1
Marcus

Default Memorial Day Musings

All - Today, each in his/her own way, please pause and REMEMBER the true meaning of Memorial Day. Freedom is NOT free, proven repeatedly by those who gave their all so that we could continue the lifestyle to which we have become accustomed. Indeed, those brave men and women (who are sons and daughters, moms and dads, brothers and sisters, aunts and uncles) continue in harms way to this very day - in a totally volunteer status. REMEMBER!
Jesus said it and lived it, and proved it: Greater love hath no man than he lay down his life for another. May God continue to bless this great country.
Old 05-31-2021, 10:05 AM   #2
1928Mik

Default Re: Memorial Day Musings

Can I have an "Amen?"

-Life's Too Short To Drive Boring Cars-
1928Mik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2021, 10:11 AM   #3
jayvee34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
Jesus said it and lived it, and proved it: Greater love hath no man than he lay down his life for another. May God continue to bless this great country.
Amen and Amen!!
God bless all who served and made that full sacrifice.
God Bless America
Old 05-31-2021, 12:35 PM   #4
Jeff/Illinois

We all get it, but sadly most younger people don't have a clue today. History means nothing to them.

What's more important to many of them is how many 'friends' you have on FB and how many 'likes' you get.
Jeff/Illinois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2021, 01:09 PM   #5
Model A Ron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff/Illinois View Post
We all get it, but sadly most younger people don't have a clue today. History means nothing to them.

What's more important to many of them is how many 'friends' you have on FB and how many 'likes' you get.
We all need to honor the sacrifices that great Americans have made to keep us free today. As for the youth of this country the problem is sick thinking has corrupted the education system and has changed the meaning of what an American is to them. If you do not think what I am saying is true talk to 12 year old. They know very little about American history and were instructed that we are a bad people for being exceptional. Home or private schooling is sadly the only option if we are to save the youth.

Ron
Model A Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2021, 02:02 PM   #6
jayvee34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Model A Ron View Post
We all need to honor the sacrifices that great Americans have made to keep us free today. As for the youth of this country the problem is sick thinking has corrupted the education system and has changed the meaning of what an American is to them. If you do not think what I am saying is true talk to 12 year old. They know very little about American history and were instructed that we are a bad people for being exceptional. Home or private schooling is sadly the only option if we are to save the youth.

Ron
Amen again!!
Old 05-31-2021, 02:08 PM   #7
McMimmcs

Quote:

Ron
I totally disagree with this opinion. We can not judge the entire youth group based on the actions of a small minority. How can we expect respect from our youth when they are downgraded by a selective few? They are the future of our country and as such should be respected.
McMimmcs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2021, 02:41 PM   #8
JRShaw

Smile Re: Memorial Day Musings

Regarding the original Marcus post: AMEN!!! The subject got changed and today we need to focus on the ORIGINAL intent of this day. Save the "bitches" for another day!
JRShaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2021, 02:44 PM   #9
jayvee34

Quote:
Originally Posted by McMimmcs View Post
I totally disagree with this opinion. We can not judge the entire youth group based on the actions of a small minority. How can we expect respect from our youth when they are downgraded by a selective few? They are the future of our country and as such should be respected.
American History is not taught in school's today. At one time it was mandatory
to pass American History and Problems of Democracy in order to graduate from
High School.
Today what is taught? How can you respect those that don't respect America?
I do not disrespect youth as a whole, only those that disrespect our Nation.
Meaning no disrespect to you, but it seems most of your posts are negative,
and you do have the right to state your opinion, Positive or Negative.
So this is my opinion.
Old 05-31-2021, 03:50 PM   #10
Brad in Germany

Here is a graphic photo to remind us what Memorial Day is all about (with a Model A theme):

May their souls rest in peace.

Brad in Maryland
US Army 1989-2015
Attached Images
File Type: jpg fullsizeoutput_3711.jpg (42.0 KB, 141 views)
Brad in Germany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2021, 06:23 PM   #11
Jemelton#

It’s an Honor to Remember
The breeze ripples the flags on the pole. The announcements have been made and a solitary figure steps forward and inverts his sword, respectfully.
Clutching a scrolled up paper, the Colonel clears his throat and begins to call out the gilded names of each one listed.

He then goes on to explain; Memories have names.
These were our Friends, our Compatriots, our Brothers and Sisters in Arms. We have marched thru the Valley of the Shadow of Death together, sharing good times and bad. We have loved them and they loved us. They have been an important part of our life and now they are gone from our sight – yet they are with us still, waiting patiently in the dawn of each new day – waiting for us to join them. Today, it is an Honor to Remember….
“For none of us liveth to himself, and no one dieth to himself.” Romans 14:7
Be their Witness.
Say their Names.
It is your Duty to do so…It’s why you survived.
Jemelton# is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2021, 08:42 PM   #12
Model A Ron

Quote:
Originally Posted by McMimmcs View Post
I totally disagree with you. The problem is not the kids at all its the education system. If you know anything about the teachings of Karl Marx you would know they target the young. If you know something about WW2 you would know Germany did the same to youth back then as well. I have been instructing the youth of my family on American history as they know very little. When I have them watch the history channel they are amazed to know how exceptional we are as a country. Not the kids fault at all however adults who are ignorant have no clue of what the kids are being instructed in todays schools. I myself felt obliged to teach them the truth. Amazing that they now have respect for the people in uniform who keep us safe and love our Country. God Bless the USA. Please reread my below statement:

"As for the youth of this country the problem is sick thinking has corrupted the education system and has changed the meaning of what an American is to them. If you do not think what I am saying is true talk to 12 year old. They know very little about American history and were instructed that we are a bad people for being exceptional. Home or private schooling is sadly the only option if we are to save the youth."
Old 05-31-2021, 09:08 PM   #13
McMimmcs

Quote:
I totally disagree with you. The problem is not the kids at all its the education system. If you know anything about the teachings of Karl Marx you would know they target the young. If you know something about WW2 you would know Germany did the same to youth back then as well. I have been instructing the youth of my family on American history as they know very little. When I have them watch the history channel they are amazed to know how exceptional we are as a country. Not the kids fault at all however adults who are ignorant have no clue of what the kids are being instructed in todays schools. I myself felt obliged to teach them the truth. Amazing that they now have respect for the people in uniform who keep us safe and love our Country. God Bless the USA. Please reread my below statement:

"As for the youth of this country the problem is sick thinking has corrupted the education system and has changed the meaning of what an American is to them. If you do not think what I am saying is true talk to 12 year old. They know very little about American history and were instructed that we are a bad people for being exceptional. Home or private schooling is sadly the only option if we are to save the youth."
My apologies. I misread the post and thought you were being critical of our youth !
McMimmcs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2021, 10:59 PM   #14
Model A Ron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jemelton# View Post
It’s an Honor to Remember
The breeze ripples the flags on the pole. The announcements have been made and a solitary figure steps forward and inverts his sword, respectfully.
Clutching a scrolled up paper, the Colonel clears his throat and begins to call out the gilded names of each one listed.

He then goes on to explain; Memories have names.
These were our Friends, our Compatriots, our Brothers and Sisters in Arms. We have marched thru the Valley of the Shadow of Death together, sharing good times and bad. We have loved them and they loved us. They have been an important part of our life and now they are gone from our sight – yet they are with us still, waiting patiently in the dawn of each new day – waiting for us to join them. Today, it is an Honor to Remember….
“For none of us liveth to himself, and no one dieth to himself.” Romans 14:7
Be their Witness.
Say their Names.
It is your Duty to do so…It’s why you survived.

God Bless all the Patriots who stood for God Country and Freedom. We owe them so much. Many in my family have served in WW2 and what that generation did was beyond remarkable. What all American Patriots did is remarkable.

Every time I see a service person in uniform I thank them for their service and if possible pick up the bill for them in a restaurant. Its so little on my part but they appreciate it more than most would understand.

God Bless them all.
Old 06-01-2021, 11:46 AM   #15
stevemclark

" The children now love luxury; they have bad manners, contempt for authority; they show disrespect for elders and love chatter in place of exercise. Children are now tyrants, not the servants of their households. They no longer rise when elders enter the room. They contradict their parents, chatter before company, gobble up dainties at the table, cross their legs, and tyrannize their teachers".Socrates as told to Plato.
Old 06-01-2021, 01:26 PM   #16
Model A Ron

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevemclark View Post
" The children now love luxury; they have bad manners, contempt for authority; they show disrespect for elders and love chatter in place of exercise. Children are now tyrants, not the servants of their households. They no longer rise when elders enter the room. They contradict their parents, chatter before company, gobble up dainties at the table, cross their legs, and tyrannize their teachers".Socrates as told to Plato.
Karl would be so proud of our education process and what it has accomplished. Just look at all the fake protest by young people. I say fake because what they are rioting for is nothing more than the fall of the American system of values masked in false social justice cries. Please correct me if I am wrong. The press just calls out the stories that fit the narrative they want and the sheep then march on.