Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Closed Thread

Old 04-20-2017, 03:45 PM   #1
1928Pickuppain

Default Fustrated at Snyders (Vent session)

So I've been getting parts from Snyders for years with no problems, when there was they fixed them right. My model a has been in hibernation for a few years and thus no need to order parts. So now I order parts from Snyders, my first order its front axel parts and all my break parts for the front. Well when it shows up there's no break wedges in there. Ok no big deal I call them say there's no break wedges and I say I need them by the upcoming saterday. They say no prob they'll send them right out. I think great no problems. So saterday comes and goes and there's no package . So I call back and they never sent them clerical mistake. Ok they finally send them out I still haven't gotten them that was a few days ago today I get invoice finally shipped today? So that means I won't see them till Monday at the soonest and all I want to do is assemble my breaks. Then in the mean time thinking they had corrected the problem I placed another order for transmission and bell housing parts. They get shipped to wrong address they say I must have put the wrong address in on the web order (I know I didn't was extra carfull about everything after some hoopla they decide there going to send the parts out but I still need to pay shipping because it was (my falt) I still don't beleive it was and when I try to bring up the fact even if it was my fault they should still eat it for messing up on the first two orders and the parts I still haven't seen..... yep. Nop pretended I didn't speak so yea I eating an addition $10 it's not much. And they made sure to tell me that even though they tracked the order and see that it's being returned to sender. (If it gets lost in the mail they will bill my card agin to make up the cost. It's really not the money that's the problem (sure every bit helps) but it's the principle. There's a lot of money going to be spent on my A (starting total nuts
To bolts restoration and I guess they won't be seeing any of it. I guess this is just a vent session i don't know if any one else has had simulator problems but it's frustrating!
Old 04-20-2017, 04:04 PM   #2
john in illinois

Default Re: Fustrated at Snyders (Vent session)

I have never had a problem with snyders in 10 years. Must have been a big miscommunication somewhere.
John
Old 04-20-2017, 04:10 PM   #3
Mitch//pa
BANNED

Try Macs
Old 04-20-2017, 04:14 PM   #4
BRENT in 10-uh-C

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1928Pickuppain View Post
So I've been getting parts from Snyders for years with no problems, when there was they fixed them right. My model a has been in hibernation for a few years and thus no need to order parts. So now I order parts from Snyders, my first order its front axel parts and all my break parts for the front. Well when it shows up there's no break wedges in there. Ok no big deal I call them say there's no break wedges and I say I need them by the upcoming saterday. They say no prob they'll send them right out. I think great no problems. So saterday comes and goes and there's no package . So I call back and they never sent them clerical mistake. Ok they finally send them out I still haven't gotten them that was a few days ago today I get invoice finally shipped today? So that means I won't see them till Monday at the soonest and all I want to do is assemble my breaks. Then in the mean time thinking they had corrected the problem I placed another order for transmission and bell housing parts. They get shipped to wrong address they say I must have put the wrong address in on the web order (I know I didn't was extra carfull about everything after some hoopla they decide there going to send the parts out but I still need to pay shipping because it was (my falt) I still don't beleive it was and when I try to bring up the fact even if it was my fault they should still eat it for messing up on the first two orders and the parts I still haven't seen..... yep. Nop pretended I didn't speak so yea I eating an addition $10 it's not much. And they made sure to tell me that even though they tracked the order and see that it's being returned to sender. (If it gets lost in the mail they will bill my card agin to make up the cost. It's really not the money that's the problem (sure every bit helps) but it's the principle. There's a lot of money going to be spent on my A (starting total nuts
To bolts restoration and I guess they won't be seeing any of it. I guess this is just a vent session i don't know if any one else has had simulator problems but it's frustrating!

Geez this rant is EXTREMELY hard to read! Punctuation & proper spelling would go a long way, ...however I must be frank with you and tell you that it is going to be HIGHLY unlikely that you will find very many people to side with you being frustrated at Snyders! They just do not have that many issues to begin with considering the volume they do.

My suggestion is wait until in the morning, --call Tom Jordan and CALMLY explain your situation and see if he can help you solve your issues. If not, politely & respectfully call Don Snyder himself and explain what your issue is. Most people do not realize just how big the Snyders organization is ...yet how personal they can be when it comes to providing one-on-one customer service. I promise you that if Snyders even remotely did something wrong, they WILL make it right for you. In this day & time, this is very rare. You really need to think long and hard about burning a bridge with such a quality supplier!

BRENT in 10-uh-C
www.model-a-ford.com
...(...Finally Updated!! )

Old 04-20-2017, 04:16 PM   #5
Tom Bellfoy

This is the very first time in over eight years I've heard of someone having order problems with Snyders. I have never had one single problem in all these years and I also would have to say it must have been a communication problem. Snyders are one of the best to deal with
Old 04-20-2017, 04:16 PM   #6
BRENT in 10-uh-C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch//pa View Post
Try Macs

BRENT in 10-uh-C
www.model-a-ford.com
...(...Finally Updated!! )

Old 04-20-2017, 04:17 PM   #7
ronn

It is America, try other vendors-bet in the end, there will be problems with other vendors as well.

Honestly have found Snyders to be the very best from those Ive used.
Old 04-20-2017, 04:23 PM   #8
Beauford

Snyders. Brattons or Berts
Old 04-20-2017, 04:38 PM   #9
lodaddyo

Your problem is ordering break parts, what do you expect. Try ordering brake parts next time
Old 04-20-2017, 04:49 PM   #10
Dennis Pereira

I'm glad I have spell check this a tough crowd .
Old 04-20-2017, 04:59 PM   #11
J Franklin

I have never had trouble with Snyder's. If you had ordered online you would have a record of the address you had them send it to, and proof if you had given a correct address. I have also found the repop wedges to be inferior to the old originals I was trying to replace anyway. Maybe they are better now.
Old 04-20-2017, 05:04 PM   #12
quickchange

As we say down under , Should have gone to spec savers ??
Old 04-20-2017, 05:15 PM   #13
nhusa

Quote:
Try Macs

RIGHT
Old 04-20-2017, 05:20 PM   #14
31 Model A

Location: Here I am in front of Todd's Grocery in 1931 selling Grit newspapers

The ladies at Snyders are so friendly, I call just to have a chat!!!!

"Hey Lady, ya wanna buy a Grit?"

"If you don't learn to laugh at trouble, you won't have anything to laugh at when you're old" Will Rogers
Old 04-20-2017, 05:30 PM   #15
California Travieso

Send a message via Yahoo to California Travieso

Quote:
Originally Posted by 31 Model A View Post
The ladies at Snyders are so friendly, I call just to have a chat!!!!
He probably called right after you hung up and they were too distracted!

David Serrano
Old 04-20-2017, 05:55 PM   #16
Tom Wesenberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by lodaddyo View Post
Your problem is ordering break parts, what do you expect. Try ordering brake parts next time
They'll be "break" parts after the post office handles them.
Old 04-20-2017, 06:08 PM   #17
denis4x4

Having owned a mail order business, for every rant or complaint about order problems, I can offer up two bitches about customers using expired credit cards, providing incorrect addresses and NSF checks.
Old 04-20-2017, 06:19 PM   #18
31 Model A

Quote:
Originally Posted by California Travieso View Post
He probably called right after you hung up and they were too distracted!

David Serrano
I was going to suggest that but I didn't want everyone to think I am vain!!!!!!

"If you don't learn to laugh at trouble, you won't have anything to laugh at when you're old" Will Rogers
Old 04-20-2017, 06:22 PM   #19
Y-Blockhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis Pereira View Post
Haha, I don't think spell check would help, break is spelled correctly, as in Give me a break!!!

I just ordered some brake parts on line from Snyder's and they emailed me the next morning and told me those parts were back ordered and asked if I wanted them to send the remainder of the order or did I want to cancel to whole order so I could try another vendor.
Seems every vendor was back ordered on this part. Snyder's followed thru with a second email a couple of days later stating those parts were now in stock. I couldn't be happier with Snyder's.

Last edited by Y-Blockhead; 04-20-2017 at 06:30 PM.
Old 04-20-2017, 06:36 PM   #20
harleynut

Ten years ago when I got my first A, I would just drive there since I only live 60 miles away to save a buck on shipping. Von, (since retired now) worked the counter and he would spend a lot of time answering nubee questions and explaining things to me. Great guy. I try to buy from Snyder's for most everything.
Old 04-20-2017, 07:05 PM   #21
chap52

Let ye without shipping problem cast the first stone.
I never messed up an order, they just didn't understand what I was thinking...
Old 04-20-2017, 07:08 PM   #22
Nabco

Quote:
Originally Posted by brent in 10-uh-c View Post
Geez this rant is extremely hard to read! Punctuation & proper spelling would go a long way, ...however i must be frank with you and tell you that it is going to be highly unlikely that you will find very many people to side with you being frustrated at snyders! They just do not have that many issues to begin with considering the volume they do.

My suggestion is wait until in the morning, --call tom jordan and calmly explain your situation and see if he can help you solve your issues. If not, politely & respectfully call don snyder himself and explain what your issue is. Most people do not realize just how big the snyders organization is ...yet how personal they can be when it comes to providing one-on-one customer service. I promise you that if snyders even remotely did something wrong, they will make it right for you. In this day & time, this is very rare. You really need to think long and hard about burning a bridge with such a quality supplier!

👍👍👍
Old 04-20-2017, 07:39 PM   #23
BILL WILLIAMSON

FEW people are PERFECT, My Daughter "thinks" she is!---Poor INSECURE Kid!
Kid's Dad
Old 04-20-2017, 08:08 PM   #24
Mike Peters

Been buying from Snyders since the 80's. Still happy. Tried Mac's once. Never again.
Old 04-20-2017, 08:19 PM   #25
holdover

Snyders is one of the best, and I have never had a problem with them over the last few years and I place an order about every other week while doing a restoration, nor do I have problems with the other good vendors that you all know. Do not know what went wrong with his orders, but I do know they will make it right.
Old 04-20-2017, 08:46 PM   #26
FRANK PKNY

IMG_1209.jpgSnyder's has always treated me fine. Shipped promptly, Quality parts whenever available. They are very polite on the phone. I think you need to regroup and start over. Your barking up the wrong tree here.
Old 04-20-2017, 08:55 PM   #27
Synchro909

Seems most people are supportive of Snyders but one thing is for sure. They can't ring me to clear up a query or check the address etc. Their (not so) new website still asks for a phone number in a compulsory field but won't accept a number from outside the US. I'd have to put in some fake number just to keep their computer happy.
Other than that, I have no beef with them and until the new website, I was dealing with them for many years.
Old 04-20-2017, 09:09 PM   #28
Ed

I have used Snyders in the distant past. I have experienced a problem with the wrong order being shipped to me, and my order going to someone else. Apparently the street addresses were very similar, but in different cities and states.

When I called to let them know about the mixup, they were very apogetic and helpful. They sent out my original order before they received the order I sent back to them. They offered to pay the freight for the retuned parts.(I declined their offer). When I received my order two days later, everything was included, just as I had originally ordered. They also included a discount coupon for a future purchase.

The reason I am explaining my experience in detail is to illustrate how well I was treated by Snyders. As was previously mentioned, you are not likely to find a lot of sympathy on this forum when it comes to dealings with Snyders. There past performance speaks volumes to most of us that have done business with them in the past.

I have a few other comments that I will make about your post.

First, I find it rather distasteful and spiteful on your part to use this forum to complain or "vent" about any vendor. If you have a problem with a vendor, it is best to deal with them rather that attempt to damage their reputation on this forum. Your entire post is more of a "rant" than anything else. It is one sided, and Snyders likely will not stoop to your level to attempt to defend themselves on this forum.

Secondly, by looking at the composition of your post, I would not be too quick to dismiss the possibility of an error on your part concerning the shipping address.

Last, but not least, remember when trying to resolve any issue with a vendor, your attitude will determine the response you will receive.
Old 04-20-2017, 09:34 PM   #29
Larry Jenkins
BANNED

Tom Jordan's name was mentioned above. Tom is a real asset to Snyders. He is very knowledgeable and always has a good answer or solution.

He is a part owner. Don is fortunate to have Tom as an associate. If you rank the top 3, Snyders is always Number one with ole Dad..
Old 04-20-2017, 09:47 PM   #30
SeaSlugs

My only thing about snyders that was a disappointment was I placed a largeish order for AA parts using thier online system. Everything went smooth, box showed up in about 3-4 days and I got most of my parts but also had 2 pieces of paper in there saying they were out of 2 of my parts, that they didn't have any, they arent back-ordered, and they dont know when/if they would get anymore... SO my beef is why would it let me order them anyways and why not a simple email or phone call to let me know they were out? So I ordered the parts from another vendor - more shipping - another week gone to waiting...

So in the next few orders I've called and asked about stock on every single part so I dont get "burned" again. Kind of annoying on mine and thier part but if they cant notify online that they are out of stock of a part then I guess thats the way we play the game...Thier new website may have added stocking as a feature but I havent noticed...
Old 04-20-2017, 09:51 PM   #31
denniskliesen

I have bought a lot of parts from Snyder's in the past 4 months, thousands of $$$$ in fact. They have always taken good care of my orders. I usually watch the tracking on my orders so I can manage my time while working on a project so I can work on another while I wait. I remember once FedEx stopped a delivery at a location 40 miles from me due to the package getting damaged and undeliverable. I called Snyder's and told the nice lady I noticed my order is undeliverable so while on the phone with me she looked on her end and said oh I see that and we will get a new order packed and on it's way. And a couple hours later I got an email from Fedex with tracking information. I have called in the past also asking for technical help, spoke to Tom, and was given answers that were very helpful. Even though they are better than half way across the USA from me, I'll continue to buy from them because I can count on them to have or will have everything in stock.
Old 04-20-2017, 09:58 PM   #32
SeaSlugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by denniskliesen View Post
I have bought a lot of parts from Snyder's in the past 4 months, thousands of $$$$ in fact. They have always taken good care of my orders. I usually watch the tracking on my orders so I can manage my time while working on a project so I can work on another while I wait. I remember once FedEx stopped a delivery at a location 40 miles from me due to the package getting damaged and undeliverable. I called Snyder's and told the nice lady I noticed my order is undeliverable so while on the phone with me she looked on her end and said oh I see that and we will get a new order packed and on it's way. And a couple hours later I got an email from Fedex with tracking information. I have called in the past also asking for technical help, spoke to Tom, and was given answers that were very helpful. Even though they are better than half way across the USA from me, I'll continue to buy from them because I can count on them to have or will have everything in stock.
What happen with the first box? Truck catch fire?
Old 04-20-2017, 09:59 PM   #33
denniskliesen

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaSlugs View Post
My only thing about snyders that was a disappointment was I placed a largeish order for AA parts using thier online system. Everything went smooth, box showed up in about 3-4 days and I got most of my parts but also had 2 pieces of paper in there saying they were out of 2 of my parts, that they didn't have any, they arent back-ordered, and they dont know when/if they would get anymore... SO my beef is why would it let me order them anyways and why not a simple email or phone call to let me know they were out? So I ordered the parts from another vendor - more shipping - another week gone to waiting...

So in the next few orders I've called and asked about stock on every single part so I dont get "burned" again. Kind of annoying on mine and thier part but if they cant notify online that they are out of stock of a part then I guess thats the way we play the game...Thier new website may have added stocking as a feature but I havent noticed...
Not to get off the Snyder's performance, but this is where they differ from Bratton's. Twice I was called from Bratton's on an order, they were small parts, that were out of stock. They asked if I wanted to cancel the order or do I want to order the substitute part. I think it was for bolts and nuts holding the engine splash shields nonauthentic were out of stock. So they were small items but still they called. Snyder's, so far has always had the parts I ordered in stock.
Old 04-20-2017, 10:01 PM   #34
denniskliesen

Quote:
What happen with the first box? Truck catch fire?
I was never told what happened, but suspect it might have been the 2 bottles of 600w oil.

Now that I think about it, had an order from Bratton's, was a distributor body and cap ( cosmetically damaged) with some heavy parts. I had a tuneup job for somebody that had a rotor in his distributor was hitting one of the contacts inside the body. When I opened the box I immediately took pictures and called and told them what happened. Emailed the pictures and they sent replacements right away. Snyder's and Bratton's have always taken good care of me.

We are extremely fortunate in the Model A world to have the vendors that we have for parts and service. Don't believe me? Try any other brand name vintage auto for price and availability.

Last edited by denniskliesen; 04-20-2017 at 10:09 PM.
Old 04-20-2017, 10:07 PM   #35

Never had a problem with Snyders.
Old 04-20-2017, 10:08 PM   #36
SeaSlugs

Quote:
I was never told what happened, but suspect it might have been the 2 bottles of 600w oil.
rofl so the 600W decided to leech out like a sticky amoeba and infect everything in the truck huh?
Old 04-20-2017, 10:09 PM   #37
SeaSlugs

Quote:

Now that I think about it, had an order from Bratton's, was a distributor body and cap with some heavy parts. I had a tuneup job for somebody that had a rotor in his distributor was hitting one of the contacts inside the body. When I opened the box I immediately took pictures and called and told them what happened. Emailed the pictures and they sent replacements right away. Snyder's and Bratton's have always taken good care of me.

We are extremely fortunate in the Model A world to have the vendors that we have for parts and service. Don't believe me? Try any other brand name vintage auto for price and availability.
yea one of the parts was the center tie bolts for the rear AA springs - kind of step #1 after blast grind and paint...rest was all the bushings and pins and everything else to mount the springs so kind of frustrating...
Old 04-20-2017, 10:11 PM   #38
denniskliesen

Quote:
yea one of the parts was the center tie bolts for the rear AA springs - kind of step #1 after blast grind and paint...rest was all the bushings and pins and everything else to mount the springs so kind of frustrating...
Be thankful it wasn't for a Dodge!
Old 04-20-2017, 10:21 PM   #39
Mr T Body

Quote:
Try Macs
Right, so the ONE THING you really need backorders 'til hell freezes over........
Old 04-20-2017, 10:32 PM   #40
DougVieyra

Physcologists and smart wives have long known that VENTING is good for both the soul and the emotional stability of the human psyche . So go ahead . . . let it all out !

Just remember three things -
1. Perfection is an affront to God.
2. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder
3. Abraham Lincoln's famous saying: "You can please ALL of the people some
of the time. You can please some of the people ALL of the time. BUT . . .
You cannot please ALL the people ALL of the time ! "
Old 04-20-2017, 10:41 PM   #41
California Travieso

Send a message via Yahoo to California Travieso

Quote:
Dennis,

I hate spell check. It's always replacing what I type with something else. I always have to go back and proof read what I wrote. He may very well have typed "Brake" and spell check replaced it with "Break".

David Serrano
Old 04-20-2017, 11:30 PM   #42
H. L. Chauvin

Just received wonderful New 2017 Parts Catalogs in the mail from Bert's, Bratton's and Snyder's.

Their concentrated efforts to put one of these new catalogs together with new price changes is appreciated.

In thinking about complaining about Model A Parts Businesses and "Venting Sessions" in general, it just appears that if one (1) Model A owner would ever try putting together one (1) new Model A Parts Catalog, stocking a new Model A parts warehouse with numbers matching catalog numbers; and hiring new, uninformed people to put orders together and ship parts after taking phone orders from so many Model A Forum members who never know why their Model A's fail to start, or why wheels shimmy, or why Model A rattles and noises cannot be found, ......... after a short period time, seems as though this "New" Model A parts business owner would have countless sleepless nights, goose bumps, acid stomach, high blood pressure, back ache, and a terrifying unforgettable experience that would be carried to the grave ............. maybe possibly after committing suicide by drinking several quarts of non-detergent oil mixed with Marvel Mystery Oil.

Such is life!
Old 04-21-2017, 12:00 AM   #43
Chris Haynes

Not near as frustrating as trying to read your rant full of errors. If you had as many errors in your order I can see how it was screwed up.
Personally I find Snyder's to be the best. As stated above I get a phone call when anything is amiss or back ordered.
Speed costs money. How fast do you want to go?
Old 04-21-2017, 12:09 AM   #44
Mike V. Florida

Send a message via AIM to Mike V. Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougVieyra View Post
Physcologists and smart wives have long known that VENTING is good for both the soul and the emotional stability of the human psyche. So go ahead . . . let it all out!
Ditto! I see no harm and no foul in your post.
Old 04-21-2017, 12:13 AM   #45
daveymc29

Never have had a problem with any of the vendors. Usually use Snyder's or Bratton's except for (break) parts. For those I go to Starbucks or Bagel Street Cafe. Is he avoiding spell check? I'm not sure he's mad, possibly just confused?
From another high school drop out. Or was it grade school, I have forgotten.
Dave Mc Arthur
Old 04-21-2017, 04:40 AM   #46
Big hammer

Very good to vent, it helps with your sanity! I had a problem with Synders seat springs, it wasn't there problem, it was my almost 32 model A, late 31. I ended up modifying to make them fit, all the fun of restoring! Good luck with your project!
Old 04-21-2017, 06:40 AM   #47
mshmodela

You can't always get what you want, you can't always get what you want, but if try, you get what you need.

Late 31' Ford Model A Tudor, Miss Daisy

I don't work on cars --I'm learning about my Model A.

Cleveland, Ohio
Old 04-21-2017, 06:50 AM   #48
George Miller

I think some of you are being on fair. Non of us were there, he is only saying what he thinks happened. By the way I can not spell very well. but I can fix cars real well.
Old 04-21-2017, 06:53 AM   #49
31 Model A

I've had to put the brake on and sit back and take a break when trying to handle too many things all happening at the same time within my brain. So far I've been real good separating my explicit lady thoughts and expressing my Model A thoughts but sometime when I don't take a break and fail to put the brake on, I go rolling into a mind boggling mumbo jumbo which is confusing everyone!!! This happens occasionally when I'm thinking I'm calling Snyders and I end up calling Berts and I start sweet talking Steve. I just blame it on age........... They do seem to always get my orders correct...regardless.

Old 04-21-2017, 07:58 AM   #50
Growley bear

I have absolutely no problem with Snyder's.
A whole week to get parts for an 86 year old car? Where do I complain?
That gets my growl going.
If you are restoring your Model A, being in a hurry doesn't help. This is supposed to be fun.

Last edited by Growley bear; 04-21-2017 at 08:04 AM. Reason: forgot something
Old 04-21-2017, 08:09 AM   #51
Growley bear

I have some used but very serviceable brake parts. If I have what you need, just pay packing and shipping and they are yours. What do you need?
Old 04-21-2017, 08:20 AM   #52
5window

Quote:
Ah, but you still need punctuation! How about:

"I'm glad I have spell check; this a tough crowd ." or

"I'm glad I have spell check. This a tough crowd ." ?
Old 04-21-2017, 08:48 AM   #53
jhowes

I notice that you are close to TAM'S. Couldn't you just drive there and do this in person? Agree with the above; use Snyders, Brattons, or Berts when mail ordering.
Old 04-21-2017, 09:15 AM   #54
JRShaw

Snyder's has always been super excellent with service, response time, and communications. Most of my business (building second A) has been with Bratton's and they are super excellent, professional, helpful people. Myself, I would NOT go to Mac's if they were the last place on earth. They are too big to have anyone who is knowledgeable, much less caring or helpful. Just Saying.
Old 04-21-2017, 09:17 AM   #55
BILL WILLIAMSON

If you ever want to get in REAL trouble, jist ask an OLD person, "HOW ARE YOU FEELING"?
Bill Allears
Old 04-21-2017, 09:21 AM   #56
1928Pickuppain

Hey thanks to all of your for real feedback about your experances good and bad. I was fustrated still am a bit but not as mutch after getting it out. Venting is really a big part of any forum venting about the Chinese, harbor freight, Shitty light switches, howells etc...It's what we all do to some degree. I really wanted to know if Snyder s had changed during my model A hibernation period becouse lets face it, my two first
orders after a few years and 3 sepereate shipping mistakes setts a tone. If this was some place that I didn't know and had never used before I never would have even put up the question, I would have just written them off. After reading all your responced I'm going to chalk it up as a fluke and swallow the fact that I felt I they should have eaten the shipping as an apology for the first two mistakes on the first order that they fully admitted were there falt. Some times pride can be a demerit and I realize that.

As to all you ball busters out there about spelling and grammar, I go one this site on a cell phone as I have no home computer and my office computer I useualy have acad running with huge files and try to limit my ram usage so files don't crash and corrupt. So the words are to small the buttons to small, the phone likes to guess and inject words not always correct for the context or even not the right words at all. Not to mention editing is a nightmare and I can't scroll up and see what I previously typed after it is above my screen view. I try but it is what it is so cut it out. Btw when I place orders I do so on my office computer at the end of the night after closing out acad or excell or whatever I have running.

Again thanks for the input.

Derek G-
Old 04-21-2017, 09:31 AM   #57
1928Pickuppain

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhowes View Post
I notice that you are close to TAM'S. Couldn't you just drive there and do this in person? Agree with the above; use Snyders, Brattons, or Berts when mail ordering.

PV antique auto parts is right down the road from my house and I do go there and Vic is great, there are just things he doesn't have in stock a lot so I'll get them from Snyders. I have never been to tams not real sure were they are and the bigest problem I have with PV is the same problem I have everywhere I'm at work before they open and get out after they close. And there not open on the weekends I'm taking off Monday for a memorial survice but I'm working going to PV in to the mix after the service.

What town is tams in?
Old 04-21-2017, 09:50 AM   #58
SeaSlugs

https://www.modelaparts.com/contactus
Old 04-21-2017, 10:15 AM   #59
Dennis Pereira

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5window View Post
Ah, but you still need punctuation! How about:

"I'm glad I have spell check; this a tough crowd ." or

"I'm glad I have spell check. This a tough crowd ." ?
Its a complete sentence none needed .
Old 04-21-2017, 10:33 AM   #60
ronn

definition of a physcologist

Phys ed teacher who does cologist exams........................
Old 04-21-2017, 10:54 AM   #61
H. L. Chauvin

After such a Model A Part's Order confusion which developed enough interest for 60+ responses, seems like this one (1), single Model A Parts order could have been inspirational for making a prize winning 1930's Laurel & Hardy Movie.
Old 04-21-2017, 11:23 AM   #62
Marshall V. Daut

H.L. -
As a kid, I collected standard 8mm, Super 8mm and 16mm optical sound L & H movies from Blackhawk Films here in Davenport. In addition to my films, I checked out ones from the library. Occasionally there was an L & H film on local TV, but not too often. I think over the years I have seen every L & H movie that still exists. Mercifully only a few of their early efforts have been lost to time and man. Anyway, I am sure my love for antique cars was fostered while watching those flickering films in the cool darkness of my bedroom. By far, the majority of the cars L & H drove in these movies consisted of Model T Fords that invariably were destroyed or seriously compromised. One might see Model A's on the street, but the only movie I can specifically recall L & H actually driving a Model A was when they were towing a trailer in one of their embarrassingly awful Fox period movies in the 1940's. (Stan Laurel apologized to anyone who would listen for those movies for the rest of his life.)
So, I'd welcome an L & H movie with a Model A instead of a Model T! When does production start?
Marshall
Old 04-21-2017, 11:47 AM   #63
pete1128

Tams is located in West Boyleston Mass. which is right next to Worcester.
Its a family run place, Joe and his daughter Joanne do it all. They have a lot of inventory, competitive pricing and customer service is top notch. I am 50 miles from there in Derry NH and if I call them before 5:00 I get it UPS the next day.
Old 04-21-2017, 12:43 PM   #64
5window

Quote:
Its a complete sentence none needed .
It is a sentence because you have a subject and a verb, but you also have two thoughts, so you need to separate them.

"The aim in writing is always to write in complete sentences which are correctly punctuated. Sentences always begin with a capital letter and end in either a full stop, exclamation or question mark. A complete sentence always contains a verb, expresses a complete idea and makes sense standing alone."
libweb.surrey.ac.uk/library/skills/Grammar%20Guide%20Leicester/page_02.htm
Old 04-21-2017, 12:51 PM   #65
Mitch//pa
BANNED

Brattons gives me a 7% commercial shop jobber / reseller discount across the board . They get most of my business because of that. I tried with Snyders / Tams for a courtesy discount and they dont offer it. I had a 4K order sitting right in front of me ready to go.
Hung up and gave it to Brattons along with all my other future shop needs..

It is what it is

Last edited by Mitch//pa; 04-21-2017 at 12:57 PM.
Old 04-21-2017, 12:54 PM   #66
5window

Quote:
Hey, thanks to all of you for real feedback about your experiences, good and bad. I was frustrated, still am a bit, but not as much after getting it out. Venting is really a big part of any forum: venting about the Chinese, Harbor Freight, shitty light switches, Howells etc...It's what we all do to some degree. I really wanted to know if Snyder's had changed during my model A hibernation period because let's face it, my two first orders after a few years and 3 separate shipping mistakes sets a tone. If this was some place that I didn't know and had never used before, I never would have even put up the question, I would have just written them off. After reading all your responses, I'm going to chalk it up as a fluke and swallow the fact that I felt they should have eaten the shipping as an apology for the first two mistakes on the first order that they fully admitted were there fault. Some times pride can be a demerit and I realize that.

As to all you ball busters out there about spelling and grammar, I go one this site on a cell phone as I have no home computer and my office computer I usually have A-cad running with huge files and try to limit my ram usage so files don't crash and corrupt. So the words are too small, the buttons too small, the phone likes to guess and inject words not always correct for the context or even not the right words at all. Not to mention editing is a nightmare and I can't scroll up and see what I previously typed after it is above my screen view. I try, but it is what it is, so cut it out. Btw when I place orders, I do so on my office computer at the end of the night after closing out A-cad or Excell or whatever I have running.

Again,thanks for the input.
Quote:

Derek G-
Hey, Derek, no one is out to get you for your spelling and grammar, but it is easier to understand your thoughts when it is easiest to read. Typing on a phone generally sucks and my tablet tends to select words for me that I never intended. Here, I cleaned it up a bit for you. Wish I could clear up your parts mess as well.
Old 04-21-2017, 01:00 PM   #67
Mitch//pa
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5window View Post
[COLOR=Black]

Hey, Derek, no one is out to get you for your spelling and grammar, but it is easier to understand your thoughts when it is easiest to read. Typing on a phone generally sucks and my tablet tends to select words for me that I never intended. Here, I cleaned it up a bit for you. Wish I could clear up your parts mess as well.
Your hired as the interpreter

Feel free to fix mine up
Old 04-21-2017, 01:07 PM   #68
rocket1

Punctuation and spelling,come on,give him a break,are we all perfect?
Old 04-21-2017, 01:49 PM   #69
31 Model A

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocket1 View Post
I am because I'm never wrong, I thought I was once but I was wrong!!!!

Old 04-21-2017, 02:18 PM   #70
Y-Blockhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocket1 View Post
No we are not. And I noticed some other posters in this thread that also used the incorrect word, for example "there" instead of "their", "your" instead of "you're", etc.

On the other hand it does make it extremely hard to read and understand posts without proper punctuation and capital letters. The absolute worst is runningallyourletterstogether.

Use spaces...

"Punctuation and spelling, come on, give him a break, are we all perfect?"
Old 04-21-2017, 02:44 PM   #71
Gunmetal blue2

Thank to Tom I got you model A guy and gals some new parts that they made new. Tom called me I don't know how many times with questions and answers. They do go to all positable means to help customers. I know own a 1929 CCPU AA so I am working on getting some more AA parts hopefully made. Tom told me one of there biggest problems is if customers don't see there item in the book or web page, they figure that they don't sell it. Tom told me that if you need a part call and ask. They determine by the request for parts if it would pay them to have the parts made to sell. I know 1 guy that needed the cross piece to hold the top and bottom back panels together on a pickup 28-29. Tom said they didn't have the measurements to make it, if he could get the measurements they would check with the people that make that stuff for them. They made the part. Now you can buy that part. They are good people.
Old 04-21-2017, 02:47 PM   #72
DougVieyra

5Window, Post 64:
"The aim in writing is always to write in complete sentences which are correctly punctuated. Sentences always begin with a capital letter and end in either a full stop, exclamation or question mark. A complete sentence always contains a verb, expresses a complete idea and makes sense standing alone."
-----------------------------------------------

there are several universal words that are extremely dangerous. One of them is "always".

for many, aim just means getting on the board - not necessisarily* a 'bulls aye', but somewhere in the closer rings

*Necessarily

ever heard of e.e.cummings ?
----------------------
But point is well takn. It is often a struggle to figure out what many people are trying to say. One of my vices has been 'tightness' in writing correct english. However, I am begginning to show progress in 'loosening up' and 'cutting some slack'. As long as the point is gotten over clearly, I am trying to 'not sweat the small stuff'.

But I still have to struggle to understand what the writer is saying in a number of posts on the FORD BARN.
Old 04-21-2017, 03:08 PM   #73
Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by 31 Model A View Post
I am because I'm never wrong, I thought I was once but I was wrong!!!!
You are acctually wrong. It should be "I thought I was wrong once but I was mistaken."
Old 04-21-2017, 03:27 PM   #74
31 Model A

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougVieyra View Post

for many, aim just means getting on the board - not necessisarily* a 'bulls aye', but somewhere in the closer rings
Aye Aye sir!!! I did hit the bulls eye!!!!

Old 04-21-2017, 03:29 PM   #75
hardtimes

Quote:
Originally Posted by john in illinois View Post
I have never had a problem with snyders in 10 years. Must have been a big miscommunication somewhere.
John
I agree with these statements !
And, Snyders has taken time to discuss wants/needs and made recommendations for replacement parts. They have also accepted suggestions and ideas for improvements !

Spelling and sentence formation be damned, all I want is good service and parts
Old 04-21-2017, 03:29 PM   #76
31 Model A

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manager View Post
You are acctually wrong. It should be "I thought I was wrong once but I was mistaken."
I'm never mistaken, like I never get lost, I only get disorientated!!!

Old 04-21-2017, 03:35 PM   #77
2manycars

Quote:
Your hired as the interpreter

Feel free to fix mine up
As long as we are picking on spelling and grammar, your sentence should have started "You're" and not "Your", as "You're" is a contraction for "you are". And no, I did not go to college.
Old 04-21-2017, 03:59 PM   #78
31 Model A

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2manycars View Post
As long as we are picking on spelling and grammar, your sentence should have started "You're" and not "Your", as "You're" is a contraction for "you are". And no, I did not go to college.
Depends also on where one was born, as in Northern talk vs Southern talk...as in, You can vs Ya'all can!!! Looky yonder comin up on passed the hen house and up the creek!! Creek, creck, brook, stream!!!...all a body of water, flowing sloftly when not overflowing from hard rains, etc etc.

Pennsylvania folk still talk King's English, they don't have counties, they still have shires and bogs so give poor Mitch a pass, he knows not of what he says but what he giveth away!!!

Old 04-21-2017, 04:04 PM   #79
hardtimes

Quote:
Hey thanks to all of your for real feedback about your experances good and bad. I was fustrated still am a bit but not as mutch after getting it out. Venting is really a big part of any forum venting about the Chinese, harbor freight, Shitty light switches, howells etc...It's what we all do to some degree. I really wanted to know if Snyder s had changed during my model A hibernation period becouse lets face it, my two first
orders after a few years and 3 sepereate shipping mistakes setts a tone. If this was some place that I didn't know and had never used before I never would have even put up the question, I would have just written them off. After reading all your responced I'm going to chalk it up as a fluke and swallow the fact that I felt I they should have eaten the shipping as an apology for the first two mistakes on the first order that they fully admitted were there falt. Some times pride can be a demerit and I realize that.

As to all you ball busters out there about spelling and grammar, I go one this site on a cell phone as I have no home computer and my office computer I useualy have acad running with huge files and try to limit my ram usage so files don't crash and corrupt. So the words are to small the buttons to small, the phone likes to guess and inject words not always correct for the context or even not the right words at all. Not to mention editing is a nightmare and I can't scroll up and see what I previously typed after it is above my screen view. I try but it is what it is so cut it out. Btw when I place orders I do so on my office computer at the end of the night after closing out acad or excell or whatever I have running.

Again thanks for the input.

Derek G-
Hey Derek,
Hm, you did good, considering how you did it ! I can't even follow how you did it without computer in front of you! Nothing wrong with a bit of venting now/then, as it drains the venom out of the wound, eh .
My advice to you is to call in orders and speak to owner(s). Makes it personal and better communication, in my experience with Snyder's.
Am I saying that they never screwed up my orders...no. I am saying that they made every effort to immediately correct any error (mine /theirs). My guess is that you are a young'un. Patience learned early , gets you thru a lot of life un-scarred. Venting/ranting is best saved/used, if at all, for serious matters.... not model a stuff, IMO.
Closed Thread