Go Back   The Ford Barn > The Swap Meet > For Sale > Early V8

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 02-29-2020, 07:46 PM   #1
swedishsteel

Default 1935-36 car windshield frame

City: Brainerd
State: MN
Price: $50

I have eight windshield frames in varying conditions, as listed below. All are seperated, the threads in the connector bars have been chased, as have the threads for the crank out hinge. I have enough stainless joint trim pieces for six, and quite a few original used screws. Send me a message if you are interested in any of them.

#1. Chrome. Chrome on lower half is pretty good, very little pitting. Top half chrome is poor. Lower corners nice shape. $50 Sold

#2. Painted. Nice shape. $50 Sold

#3. Painted. Good shape. Two screw holes in bottom half face--easily welded up. Some pitting near lower left drain hole, but no rust through. $50

#4. Chrome. Chrome poor. Small amount of rust through near both drain holes. One crank out screw hole needs repair--larger screw. One dent on face 3/8"x3/16" by 1/8" deep. $40

#5. Painted. Good condition. Two small rust through holes near left drain hole. $50

#6. Painted. Rust through at left drain hole. Right side one small hole. #30

#7. Painted. Good condition. Small amount of rust through at both lower corners. $40

#8. Chrome. Quite a bit of rust through on both corners, but I think the face is good enough it could be polished and rechromed. Nicest face of all, but also the most rust repair needed. $30

Prices are plus shipping. I'll email detailed pictures of any/all of them. Conditions listed are not of the paint, just giving description of the metal. All need to be cleaned and stripped and repainted. I can sandblast them, but of course that would be more money. Thanks. Rod

Last edited by swedishsteel; 03-01-2020 at 12:48 PM. Reason: two items sold
swedishsteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2020, 01:05 PM   #2
swedishsteel

Default Re: 1935-36 car windshield frame

bttt
Old 10-18-2020, 06:20 PM   #3
swedishsteel

btt
Old 10-18-2020, 06:34 PM   #4
swedishsteel

Quote:
Originally Posted by swedishsteel View Post
I have eight windshield frames in varying conditions, as listed below. All are seperated, the threads in the connector bars have been chased, as have the threads for the crank out hinge. I have enough stainless joint trim pieces for six, and quite a few original used screws. Send me a message if you are interested in any of them.

#1. Chrome. Chrome on lower half is pretty good, very little pitting. Top half chrome is poor. Lower corners nice shape. $50 Sold

#2. Painted. Nice shape. $50 Sold

#3. Painted. Good shape. Two screw holes in bottom half face--easily welded up. Some pitting near lower left drain hole, but no rust through. $50

#4. Chrome. Chrome poor. Small amount of rust through near both drain holes. One crank out screw hole needs repair--larger screw. One dent on face 3/8"x3/16" by 1/8" deep. $40

#5. Painted. Good condition. Two small rust through holes near left drain hole. $50

#6. Painted. Rust through at left drain hole. Right side one small hole. #30

#7. Painted. Good condition. Small amount of rust through at both lower corners. $40

#8. Chrome. Quite a bit of rust through on both corners, but I think the face is good enough it could be polished and rechromed. Nicest face of all, but also the most rust repair needed. $30

Prices are plus shipping. I'll email detailed pictures of any/all of them. Conditions listed are not of the paint, just giving description of the metal. All need to be cleaned and stripped and repainted. I can sandblast them, but of course that would be more money. Thanks. Rod

To clarify: all the rust through mentioned is in the side channel that the drain hole is in, NOT the faces. All faces are smooth except as noted--two screw holes in one and a small dent in another. I think all could be polished smooth enough to chrome. thanks.