Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 10-18-2018, 09:00 PM   #41
42Ford M-H

Default Re: Flathead synchronized 4spd?

Did you think about putting in a 2wheel drive front with a Dana rear at all? Keeping the ride height in the front is no big deal at all.
42Ford M-H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 10:17 PM   #42
tubman

People who do unusual things in their builds don't go to online forums asking for advice. If you want to do it, just do it.
tubman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
Old 10-19-2018, 09:40 AM   #43
itslow

Quote:
Originally Posted by str8axle63 View Post
With that type of logic, you must hate every chopped 32 Ford, any car turned into a gasser, hot rod etc..
Actually, I'm a hot rodder, not a restorer. That said, I do respect the importance of unique vehicles such as a M-H and SnoGo converted truck. I wouldn't chop its top and turn it in to a hot rod; I'd let someone who respects what the truck is and do right by it have it instead.

What wouldn't do, however, is come to a restorer's forum asking for an easy "bolt-in" way of doing something and then pout when those people instead provide me with better alternatives that would allow me to achieve my end goal while maintaining the bits of the truck that make it what it is.

You wanted help from people with more experience. You got it.

Wanted:
- '32-34 Open Cab Pickup (RPU) parts and documents/articles/info
- ARDUN parts
itslow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 08:40 PM   #44
Tinker

I'm good with hotrodding too, if it's good one. If you are going to slam it with bags, give it a rust patina, or bubble gum paint job with a sbc. I have no interest.

There are ways to get thing things done, I guess.

Kind of think of the stock 32 as the last dodo bird. But there might be one left in a zoo to view. It's your thing, do what you like. Follow through and don't f' it up. pulling for you.

Last edited by Tinker; 10-19-2018 at 09:00 PM.
Tinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2018, 11:05 AM   #45
str8axle63

I was not looking for a "cheering section" or anyones opinion on my build. I was only looking for ideas on a synchronized 4spd that would work good with a flathead as I have no experience with flatheads.
I really don't care what anyone thinks is the right way to build MY truck. When I built my 63 Econoline 8 years ago people were telling me it was a waste of time and effort building such an "ugly " truck. Now 8 years later after different tv shows, such as Gas Monkey, have built Econoline pickups and my truck getting into Car Kulture Deluxe opinions have changed.
As far as not building it the right way, at this point its looking like im going to change the transmission to a synchronized 4 or 5 spd, take on the diminishing gear box, leaving in the transfer case, but disconnecting the front drive shaft and changing the gears in the rear differential . Nothing that cant be reversed. So I would prefer keeping your negative comments to yourself and would welcome any ideas on a transmission that I originally asked for.
str8axle63 is offline   Reply With Quote