Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 12-08-2010, 09:31 AM   #1
1950merc

Default !!!Aftermarket Seatbelts – My Bad Experience with RETROBELT USA (AKA TRUBELT)!!!

If you are in the market, please read about my bad experience with this vendor.

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/s...d.php?t=538804
1950merc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 11:45 AM   #2
JM 35 Sedan

Default Re: !!!Aftermarket Seatbelts – My Bad Experience with RETROBELT USA (AKA TRUBELT)!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1950merc View Post

Thanks for the post on aftermarket seatbelts since I am in the market now trying to find a good set. Having read all of your HAMB posts as well, have you possibly located a good source, and if so, would you share that info with all of us here, or maybe send me a PM? Thank you!

"Never give up on what you really want to do. The person with big dreams is more powerful than one with all the facts". Albert Einstein
JM 35 Sedan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 12:19 PM   #3
1950merc

Default Re: !!!Aftermarket Seatbelts – My Bad Experience with RETROBELT USA (AKA TRUBELT)!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JM 35 Sedan View Post
Thanks for the post on aftermarket seatbelts since I am in the market now trying to find a good set. Having read all of your HAMB posts as well, have you possibly located a good source, and if so, would you share that info with all of us here, or maybe send me a PM? Thank you!
I haven't replaced them yet, but a friend of mine with a 55 chevy used a set from Danchuk and is happy with them. I called and talked to their customer service and they were friendly and they are more or less a universal part made in the USA.
Old 12-08-2010, 03:30 PM   #4
OldIron

This was mentioned on the HAMB but I wanted to add my endorsement of Juliano's Hot Rod Parts, Ellington, CT. They are really great people to do business with and have excellent products at competitive prices. Their catalog also has complete instructions and pictures on installing a 3-pt system in a 50 Ford. I've had their seat belts in my 50s for 10 years and am very happy with them.
OldIron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 04:20 PM   #5
Pete

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1950merc View Post

It is your choice if you want to trust your's and your passenger's life to Chinese junk.

I use Simpson or Diest. They will tell you any of the engineering specs if you ask. THE MAIN THING IS, THEY ARE MADE IN THE USA.

Get your wallet out and buy the best.
We don't want to read about you in the obits.
Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 05:02 PM   #6
Frank The Plumber

I also endorse Julianno's Good people and a quality product.
Frank The Plumber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 08:09 PM   #7
1950merc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete View Post
It is your choice if you want to trust your's and your passenger's life to Chinese junk.

I use Simpson or Diest. They will tell you any of the engineering specs if you ask. THE MAIN THING IS, THEY ARE MADE IN THE USA.

Get your wallet out and buy the best.
We don't want to read about you in the obits.
I don't want to get this deleted being political, but I was buying from a company named Retrobelt USA. I thought they were made in the USA. And before you say it, yes I could have asked ahead of time.
Old 12-08-2010, 08:59 PM   #8
Lamar Wadsworth

I use genuine junkyard parts. The 3 point seat belts in Henrietta the '38 Ford pickup came out of a '70s Chevy pickup. Price was right (free) as a friend was junking out a full-size Chevy pickup that was rusted to pieces. They were easy to adapt to my truck.
Lamar Wadsworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 10:10 PM   #9
1950merc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamar Wadsworth View Post
I use genuine junkyard parts. The 3 point seat belts in Henrietta the '38 Ford pickup came out of a '70s Chevy pickup. Price was right (free) as a friend was junking out a full-size Chevy pickup that was rusted to pieces. They were easy to adapt to my truck.
No offense, but like I said on the HAMB, I'll buy used trim or a used intake, but not seatbelts. I have a 2 year old in a carseat that I want to be safe. Some used belts may be fine, but some may not. I know you might say the same for new belts, but I feel I am doing my best with new ones.
Old 09-17-2022, 03:58 PM   #10
Krylon32

Another vote for Juliano's. Top quality products with a wide variety of colors and styles.
Krylon32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2022, 05:49 PM   #11
Shoebox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krylon32 View Post
Another vote for Juliano's. Top quality products with a wide variety of colors and styles.

X.. however more, on Juliano's!

51 Ford Deluxe Tudor
32 Ford roadster
39 Mercury Towncar
Shoebox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2022, 08:00 PM   #12
SoCalCoupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krylon32 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoebox View Post
X.. however more, on Juliano's!

Got a set from Juliano's last year. They sent color swatches so I could pick the one that matched best. Got the lift latch buckle like airline seats so they look plausably period correct. Great support plus parts for installing on a 40's Ford. Got the 3-point system so I'd feel safe. Looks factory, works great. When you look at them, you actually have to stop and think a moment that Henry didn't make it that way. Another extremely satisfied customer. Ask me if you have questions about installing them; it actually went better than most car projects which normally take me 3x as long plus another 2-3 parts orders.

I see this thread started in December 2010, but whatever. Nothing wrong with a shout out to a good vendor.

Last edited by SoCalCoupe; 09-17-2022 at 08:10 PM.
SoCalCoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2022, 06:03 AM   #13
glennpm

I bought from a US company from Florida, https://www.seatbeltsolutions.com/
and very happy with their products.
glennpm is offline   Reply With Quote