Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-29-2015, 07:51 AM   #1
wrecker king

Default gas treatment/ stabilization that works for me

I would like to share my experience with a gas treatment/stabalizer that works for me when dealing with E-10 fuel.
Enough has already been siad about the negative effects of E-10 on steel gas tanks and carburators.

What I use is Seafoam, which has kept my fuel "fresh" for over a year. Additionally, I add Penzoil semi synthetic 2 cycle oil to the fuel.

On my big trucks that have 50 gallon saddle tanks, I put the whole quart in, so that would work out to a half a pint for the model A gas tank.The reason for adding the oil is two fold, it coats the tank and it lubricates the valve stems and the accelerator pump on the carb (yes I know the model A carb does not have one). I had a valve stick on one of my big truck engines and it bent the pushrod, what had happened is the fuel had broken down and crystalized on the valve stem.

I have been using this mixture for several years with positive results and with no smoke coming out of the tailpipe as a result of using 2 cycle motor oil

I just recently have tried STABIL 360, which claims to have a "vapor" that protects the inside of tank with favorable results. The Stabil 360 has a dark tint to it so do not be alarmed when you look at your sediment bowl and the fuel is darker in color. Only time will tell on this product.

John G

Last edited by wrecker king; 04-29-2015 at 08:53 AM.
wrecker king is offline   Reply With Quote