Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 01-31-2021, 05:00 PM   #21
JM 35 Sedan

Default Re: Where to buy 21 stud repro alu heads

Quote:
Originally Posted by JK1934 View Post
Hi Guys, Trevor contacted me letting me know about this discussion, I don`t get a chance to look on here as often as I would like, my Dad & I have been making the 21 stud heads for over 20 years here in Australia, mainly because we have a couple of 34 Fords & he used to build a few engines & they were not available, he passed away a few months ago & while he was sick we didn`t get a chance to get more cast up so we are out of stock at the moment, I am taking this chance to freshen up the patterns after 20 years of casting & also I have to use a new foundry, I hope to have some ready for sale later in the year, there are a few people that have contacted me & are waiting for them to be ready, we make them in flat top & can machine them to suit dome tops at no extra charge, they are exactly the same as original & use standard studs as I see a few people asked about that, we have posted them all around the world over the years. I will also look into making again the water pumps we used to make as there has been interest in them, I still have stock of the distributor adaptors we make to fit crab distributors on the early engine, my email is [email protected] Thanks John
John, when you say they are exactly the same as original....does this mean they would have the Ford script logo and Ford part number cast into the top outer surface as many of the originals would have had, and also required by the Early Ford V-8 Club where applicable, for their Dearborn Award to prevent loss of points?

"Never give up on what you really want to do. The person with big dreams is more powerful than one with all the facts". Albert Einstein

Last edited by JM 35 Sedan; 02-01-2021 at 07:52 AM. Reason: Clarification of post
JM 35 Sedan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2021, 07:02 PM   #22
mercman from oz

Here is a photo of the Reproduction Heads that John Kerr sells and he is in the process of having more Heads cast.
As you can see, they don't have the Ford Script.
mercman from oz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2021, 08:51 PM   #23
Rodrelic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercman from oz View Post

Here is a photo of the Reproduction Heads that John Kerr sells and he is in the process of having more Heads cast.
As you can see, they don't have the Ford Script.
I just want them to work.
I sand & polish, coat with clear engine paint. Look decent for a long time. Get a yellowish tint after awhile but like it even better.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg E756A3C8-55D5-411C-BF22-E3F598F6F8D3.jpeg (62.4 KB, 160 views)
Rodrelic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2021, 08:58 PM   #24
mercman from oz

Here is a larger picture of the Polished Heads on your Ford V8 Flathead.
Those Repro Heads from the Kerr Family are very good quality and work very well indeed
mercman from oz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2021, 09:44 PM   #25
JK1934

Quote:
Originally Posted by JM 35 Sedan View Post
John, when you say they are exactly the same as original....does this mean they would have the Ford script logo and Ford part number cast into the top outer surface as the originals would have, and also required by the Early Ford V-8 Club for their Dearborn Award to prevent loss of points?
Hi JM, I don`t have it handy but the Early Ford V8 club do list in their judging guidelines that the part numbers must be correct for the car or can be cast with no script & numbers, they recognise than there were many suppliers of the heads when new, we have come across many original heads that were made with no script or numbers, we make them without any numbers & script as we would have to have patterns for every model over the years for all the possible part numbers, if you are going concours & are wanting correct part numbers it might be an idea to look out for NOS with the required numbers, we have sold many heads around the world & everyone has been very happy with the quality, it is very difficult to find good usable heads for these models. thanks John
JK1934 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2021, 11:48 PM   #26
JK1934

Quote:
Originally Posted by JM 35 Sedan View Post
John, when you say they are exactly the same as original....does this mean they would have the Ford script logo and Ford part number cast into the top outer surface as the originals would have, and also required by the Early Ford V-8 Club for their Dearborn Award to prevent loss of points?
Hi JM, if you look at the 1933-34 Ford restoration manual from the Early Ford V8 club page 3-9 heads section, they mention that both alloy & iron heads both were made with & without Ford script & part numbers, it also shows an original engine that has 1 head plain & 1 with script.Thanks John
JK1934 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2021, 01:31 AM   #27
deuce lover

From what I am to understand in 33 they only had the part number .Later in '33 the "A" was added after the part number.In '34 the Ford script was added.On my '33 that has original aluminum heads , they both have only the part number and on both of those has the "2" in a circle.They are not original to the car but found on a unmolested engine that sat in storage for 70 yrs. David G hopefully will chime in.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 33 head.jpg (56.7 KB, 5 views)

Last edited by deuce lover; 02-03-2021 at 09:16 AM.
deuce lover is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2021, 07:36 AM   #28
Terry,OH

I believe DavidG as well as Don Rogers covered many of the identification features in this post on the barn:
https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/showt...t=heads&page=2
Terry,OH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2021, 07:47 AM   #29
Frank Miller

Adding script and part numbers means Ford gets a cut too.
Old 02-01-2021, 01:24 PM   #30
deuce lover

Here and in stock. H&H

Cylinder HeadsSharp 21 Studs Heads 1932-36

(0 reviews)
$1,200.00
deuce lover is online now   Reply With Quote