Go Back   The Ford Barn > The Swap Meet > For Sale > Model-A

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 08-07-2012, 08:03 PM   #1
ctaulbert

Default Wishbone Bungs for Early Ford Tie Rod Ends!

City: Shipped to You
State: MI
Price: $60 a pair

I've had these listed on the HAMB, but thought some of the Ford Barn guys may be interested as well....listed in both Model A and Early V8 as is pertains to those tie rod ends:

I started machining wishbone bungs for use with the '28-34 Ford tie rod ends. The prototypes of these are on my roadster (seen down below). The bungs gradually tapers just like the wishbone, and makes the wishbone very atheistically pleasing. In addition, we all know that long suspension links decrease the arc motion of a suspension - so these can lead to a better suspension ride. When using a '33/34 wishbone with these bungs on a '32, the wishbone ends right at the gap between the cowl and door. Of course, you can use these on whatever wishbone and whatever car you want.

The bungs are machined from mild steel, and come chamfered ready to be welded to your already split wishbone. Make sure you chamfer your wishbone, and use a 220v welder (and a competent welder) to weld them.

As you can see from the photos, these bungs have quite a lot of design work and machine work in them - and they're PATENT PENDING....so no one knocks them off at a sacrifice of the quality I put into these.

The bungs are $60 a pair, plus shipping. Paypal is the easiest, but I can do a Money Order too. I only do small runs at a time, so don't hesitate if you're interested. Send me a PM or email for more information or to order.

photo by Geoff Miles

Last edited by ctaulbert; 02-10-2013 at 11:55 AM.
ctaulbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 07:33 AM   #2
Roadster62

Default Re: Wishbone Bungs for Early Ford Tie Rod Ends!

I bought a pair, quality is outstanding. If you own your lathe and work for free you couldn't make an equal pair for the price. Bob
Old 02-10-2013, 11:56 AM   #3
ctaulbert

Default Re: Wishbone Bungs for Early Ford Tie Rod Ends!

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
bttt
ctaulbert is offline   Reply With Quote