Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Late V8 (1954+)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 07-25-2019, 03:11 PM   #81
40cpe

Default Re: The GREAT Ms. American 3.14159 Daily Driver Diary Caper

^^^
Attached Images
File Type: jpg thumbs up.jpg (4.6 KB, 4 views)

Last edited by 40cpe; 07-25-2019 at 03:25 PM.
40cpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2019, 04:13 PM   #82
JCAllison

Quote:
Originally Posted by 40cpe View Post
^^^
Hey Mr. 40C,
?

JC
Ms. American 3.14159,1964 Ford Galaxie 500,Model:64 4-Door Hardtop,Body:57B 4-Door Fastback,Police Interceptor,390 CID,330 HP,P-Code FE,Solid Lifters,Cast Iron Shorty Headers,Autolite 4100 C4AF-9510-DG Carb,Mustangs Etc.Manual Choke,3 Speed BorgWarner T85 Overdrive Transmission,4.11:1 Differential,Kelsey Hayes Severe Service Wheels,PerTronix Ignitor III HEI,60,000 Volt PerTronix FlameThrower HC Coil,Frantz Oil Cleaner,Chantilly Beige
JCAllison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2019, 04:38 PM   #83
40cpe

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCAllison View Post
Hey Mr. 40C,
?

JC
It was just a cryptic message affirming your response to All American Boy.
40cpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2019, 04:42 PM   #84
all american boy

Mr Allison

Okay.Sounds like you are fine.

Stay out of trouble and if you do get in trouble don't use my name.

Have a good evening.

Bob

'Yes it has.Before I was a multi-millionaire.'-Quote
all american boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2019, 10:42 AM   #85
JCAllison

Quote:
Originally Posted by 40cpe View Post
It was just a cryptic message affirming your response to All American Boy.
Hey Mr. 40C,
It's hard to converse when one doesn't know what the conversation is about.

There used to be a guy who knew what he was talking about when he wrote what he wrote, but when I tried to know what he was talking about it was impossible because his posts went:

Sometimes yes, sometimes no.
Allright.
Well, we'll see.
Yesterday.
Yes, finally.
OK.
Later gator.
Frank.

Sometime I could go back to what I had posted to him, and could make out to what his answers referred. But the problem was that he didn't have the same number of answers as there were comments to answer, so any answer could have been to any comment.

That's why one should quote the comment, and then write one's response. Otherwise it's just ooblegobble.

I sometimes think that posting is not really for communicating. It's just to be posting.

Anyway, am in the process of cleaning Lorrie Van Haul's Steering System Components. It's one of the fun parts of the Old Car Hobby.

Take care.

JC
Ms. American 3.14159,1964 Ford Galaxie 500,Model:64 4-Door Hardtop,Body:57B 4-Door Fastback,Police Interceptor,390 CID,330 HP,P-Code FE,Solid Lifters,Cast Iron Shorty Headers,Autolite 4100 C4AF-9510-DG Carb,Mustangs Etc.Manual Choke,3 Speed BorgWarner T85 Overdrive Transmission,4.11:1 Differential,Kelsey Hayes Severe Service Wheels,PerTronix Ignitor III HEI,60,000 Volt PerTronix FlameThrower HC Coil,Frantz Oil Cleaner,Chantilly Beige
Old 07-26-2019, 11:46 AM   #86
40 Deluxe

Quote:
Hey Mr. 40C

That's why one should quote the comment, and then write one's response. Otherwise it's just ooblegobble.

JC
"ooblegobble"?! Is that Texan for "gobbledygook"?? Is it "kittycornered" or "cattywumpus"? "Pop" or "soda"? Regional dialects are sure interesting, how different words carry the same meaning.
40 Deluxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2019, 05:20 PM   #87
JCAllison

Quote:
Originally Posted by 40 Deluxe View Post
"ooblegobble"?! Is that Texan for "gobbledygook"??
Hey Mr. 40D,
As a matter of fact, there is quite a story behind my use of the word "OOBLEGOBBLE".

Back in the early 1970s, I happened to be living in Dallas, Texas, and had all the equipment to do Concert Lightshows. Had worked on the Rock&Roll Concert Tour Circuit with some of the period's name bands, and had gotten kind of burnt out with all the traveling.

Decided that I wanted to settle down for a while, and maybe have a place where I could do shows every night. Was working as a designer of electrical displays for a large company, when I was approached by a couple of guys who wanted to help out to start a Theater, to do Lightshow, have concerts, show Old Tyme Movies, Serials, and be kind of a center of the Hippy Scene in Dallas.

They had the funding, I had the equipment, and so we found a place called the Knox Street Theater, which was an ideal place to do this project.

For more information about THAT scene see HERE:

http://cinematreasures.org/theaters/27935

You'll have to scroll down on the page to the post by MELenns, and it's a pretty interesting read.

Nonetheless, one of the Old Tyme Flicks that we showed was the movie "Freaks", which was produced in 1932, and was arguably the FIRST Horror Movie ever made. For more information see HERE:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freaks_(1932_film)

In the film, one of the "HORROR" scenes was when one of the members of "Circus", Venus, who was a beautiful lady, was transformed into a "freak' by the other freaks.

The transformation was accompanied by all the freaks encircling the beautiful as she was being changed into a "ChickenHuman" as retribution for her dastardly deed of... well, you can read about it in the Wikipedia Article... while all the freaks chanted: "OOBLEGOBBLE, OOBLEGOBBLE, OOBLEGOBBLE, OOBLEGOBBLE".
Quote:
Is it "kittycornered" or "cattywumpus"? "Pop" or "soda"? Regional dialects are sure interesting, how different words carry the same meaning.
Well actually, I'm not a native of Texas. I was raised in Southern California during the "Happy Days" era. Graduated High School in 1957. Was the Year Book Art Director, designed the cover for the Chaffey High School Year Book call "Fausti" (See HERE):

https://www.classmates.com/yearbooks...seSegment=free

It was a time of Hot Rods, Rock&Roll, Drag Racing, was probably the best of times to grow up in. Life was relatively simple. Ontario, California was on the furthest Eastern edge of the Los Angeles Suburbs, and I grew up on what was at the time Route 66.

As for interesting words, cattycorner means diagonal, cattywumpus means that it's not quite straight, tilted, and then there is here in Deep East Texas, words for inclement weather: FrogStrangler, GullyWasher, DuckDunker... And odd named towns: Cut and Shoot, which was originally Cutting Chute (that was an area where cattle was sorted), and Point Blank. Then there are substitute words for things that one doesn't know the proper words, like Thingamabob, Doohicky, Jobbie, and the list goes on and on.

So today, got Lorrie Van Haul's Gemmer Y4D-335 Right Hand Drive Manual Steering Gear Box and Steering Shaft COMPLETELY cleaned, ready to be packaged and sent to Lares Corporation for rebuilding. Lares is a GREAT company that is probably the BEST in the world at what they do. (See HERE):

https://www.larescorp.com/

Anyway, it's time for me to clean up the Tools, Equipment, and Materials, and get ready for Meds&Bed. Am going to cleaning more of Lorrie's Steering System Components tomorrow.

Hope you all have a GREAT weekend. Take care.

JC
Old 07-26-2019, 06:02 PM   #88
Nite-owl

Hi there,

Quote:
Thingamabob, Doohicky, Jobbie, and the list goes on and on.
You ommited "thingofajig" "What's his face".

Mel
Nite-owl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2019, 07:24 AM   #89
JCAllison

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nite-owl View Post
Hi there, You ommited "thingofajig" "What's his face". Mel
Hey Mel,
Those were some of the "list that goes on and on."

JC
Old 08-05-2019, 05:04 PM   #90
Nite-owl

Hi there.

GIMPY left leg vs clutch:

Is the problem the movement of your leg or is it overcoming the clutch resistance?
Inquiring minds want to know.

Mel
Old 08-05-2019, 05:47 PM   #91
JCAllison

Quote:
Hi there. GIMPY left leg vs clutch: Is the problem the movement of your leg or is it overcoming the clutch resistance? Inquiring minds want to know. Mel
Hey Mel,
YES!

As you may or may not know, back on April 27, 1987, was going along on the Kawaskai 1100 LTD B1 Shaft Murdercycle, when a secretary from a nearby automobile dealership had picked up the Parts Manager at the Wal*Mart across the street from the dealership, and was taking him back to work, and she didn't see me.

Pulled right in front of me, and I T-Boned the Beretta she was driving going about 60 mph. Broke the Femoral Head off of my Left Thigh Bone, and crushed my Right Foot.

In the ensuing thirty-two years, the Left Leg has deteriorated till it is now two inches shorter and about 2/3rds the diameter of my Right Leg. It hurts to lift it, and push the clutch, but it has to be done.

BUT... That crash saved my life!

Twelve years after, the crash, went to get a hip replacement, and when they did the lab work in preparation for the procedure, they found this autoimmune Liver disease just as it had started.

Had they not found it till I started feeling bad from it, I would have died in five months.

Also, the auto dealer's insurance paid $1,000,000.00, of which the Doctors, Hospitals, and Lawyers took all but $283,000.00.

That's what made it possible for me to buy the place where I now live on January 30, 1989 (my fifty-first birthday).

Then was scheduled for the hip replacement on December 1, 1998. The therapy for the Liver disease suppresses my immune system, so I have to live a "bubble life". No visitors. No going out around people. Have to be careful when shopping not to get around anyone with a cold, or flu, as I have no immune system.

So here I am, eighty years old, and working on Lorrie, and Ms. American. Writing Books. Recording Music. Recording Vusic. Writing on the Ford Barn, and RamCharger Central, taking care of my felines, and keeping Karel, the Lawn Tractor in good shape so that the landscaping can be maintained.

Anyway, It has been a long, strange existence.

YOU and TL doing all right?

Take care.

JC
Old 08-07-2019, 05:20 PM   #92
JCAllison

Hey All,
Saturday, August 7, 2019, Late Afternoon/Early Evening Update:

Had a bit of a REMARKABLE experience with Ms. American 3.14159 this morning.

As you may or may not know, or even care to know, but Ms. American has a running mate, a 1967 Dodge P200 Post Office Vehicle, whose name is Lorrie Van Haul.

When either vehicle is being worked on and is not able to be driven, the OTHER one takes on the duty as the Daily Driver. Ms. American is in THAT mode at this time because Lorrie has had her Gemmer Y4D-335 Right Hand Drive Manual Steering Gear Box removed in order to have Lares Corporation in Cambridge, Minnesota rebuild it.

Have done a couple of years of anticipation in preparation for this event, and the past two months modifying Lorrie's Sheet Metal Center Section to make it removable, and replaceable in order to be able to remove the Gemmer Gear Box, which has a nearly 5'-0" Steering Shaft that is integral with the Worm Gear in the Gemmer's Gear Case.

After all the preparation, it took but four hours to extract the Gemmer from where it was connected to the outside of Lorrie Starboard Front Frame Rail.

It was subsequently cleaned and made ready to be shipped to Lares Corporation.

In order to ship it, had to make a Shipping Case. Was going to make it out of 1/4" Plywood, but when Ms. American and I went to the Hanson's Lumber Yard, found that they were no longer in the Lumber business.

So, Lorrie's Gemmer's Shipping Case was made out of SCRAP materials left over from numerous OTHER projects that were done during the past thirty years here at the AllisonWonderland Compound in the Forest of Deep East Texas.

Had spent a week fabricating a very nice Shipping Case for the Gemmer, and this morning it was finished. The Gemmer was secured inside the Shipping Case which was then wrapped with Corrugated Pasteboard which had formerly been a Water Heater Box.

The Shipping Case turned out to be 1'-0"X 1'-0"X 5'-0" EXACTLY.

Had to load it into the Back Seat Area of Ms. American, which doesn't have the Back Seat in place.

Put a Blanket, and a heavy Quilt on the Ms. American's Floor, and put the Gemmer's Shipping Case in, and closed the door. Had rolled down all the Windows, and when I checked to see how everything fitted, found that the distance between the Rear Seat's Arm Rests was EXACTLY 5'-1/4"! There was EXACTLY 1/8"clearance between each end of the Shipping Case, and the Rear Seat Arm Rests!

The upshot of all this is that Lorrie's Gemmer's Shipping Case is, as of 10:00 a.m., on its way to Cambridge, Minnesota, scheduled to arrive on Friday, August 9, 2019.

Ms. American came through FLAWLESSLY yet again!

Anyway, will keep you all updated if, when, and as progress occurs. Take care everyone.

JC
Old 08-08-2019, 11:40 AM   #93
JCAllison

Hey All,
Saturday, August 8, 2019, Almost Coming Up To Noon Update:

Got the Hand Truck out of Ms. American's Back Seat Area.

Also noticed yesterday that the Lacing that holds the Cover on the Steering Wheel had come loose, and had started to unravel. So when going out to get the Hand Truck, took a roll of Black Electrician's Tape, and a pair of Scissors, and spent about twenty minutes re-lacing the Steering Wheel Cover, then ran the end of the Lacing UNDER itself tightly, and wrapped the Bottom of the Steering Wheel where the End of the Lacing is attached with the Electrician's Tape. It should be quite secure for some time.

Have promised Ms. American that if she will just see us through the Lorrie Van Haul Steering Caper, that when it is finished, will give the old Gal a THOROUGH Cleaning, and see what we can do to maybe put some kind of protection on her nicely patina-ed Paint.

Will also polish up her Bright Work and spiff up her Engine Compartment.

She has been being REALLY reliable, starting easily, driving smoothly, though have noticed that when the Autolite 4100 C4AF-9510 DG is just SLIGHTLY off-throttle, that there is occasionally a TINY amount of "stumble" that goes away IMMEDIATELY if the 3.14 is given a little more gas. It's not like it's a problem, just noticeable. Wonder what THAT is?

Have spent the morning doing catch-up on the neglected environment in the house, and noticed while out at the Car Port that the grass needs mowing again. May do that this evening when the Sun is down behind the Trees to the West of here. It's hard on Karel, the Craftsman Riding Lawn Tractor if the Grass gets too tall before mowing.

Anyway, will keep you all updated if, when, and as progress occurs.

JC
Old 08-08-2019, 12:35 PM   #94
KULTULZ

Cool Re: The GREAT Ms. American 3.14159 Daily Driver Diary Caper

Quote:

Have promised Ms. American that if she will just see us through the Lorrie Van Haul Steering Caper, that when it is finished, will give the old Gal a THOROUGH Cleaning, and see what we can do to maybe put some kind of protection on her nicely patina-ed Paint.

Will also polish up her Bright Work and spiff up her Engine Compartment.
You really know how to tease and hurt a fellow ...

Quote:
She has been being REALLY reliable, starting easily, driving smoothly, though have noticed that when the Autolite 4100 C4AF-9510 DG is just SLIGHTLY off-throttle, that there is occasionally a TINY amount of "stumble" that goes away IMMEDIATELY if the 3.14 is given a little more gas. It's not like it's a problem, just noticeable. Wonder what THAT is?

JC

Usually JC, TIP-IN HESITATION on this era car is usually caused by a mis-adjusted/bad accelerator pump and/or vacuum advance.

Take it easy in the heat.

- DISCLAIMER -

The above posted information is in my opinion only (IMO) and may contain copy and paste material(s).

In addition, any above tech information is supplied in good faith. No responsibility implied or otherwise can be accepted for the way others use or interpret provided data.

Your experience(s), opinion(s) and mileage may vary.

DIAGNOSED CDO - (OCD In Correct Alphabetical Order)
KULTULZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2019, 04:06 PM   #95
JCAllison

Quote:
Originally Posted by KULTULZ View Post
You really know how to tease and hurt a fellow.
Hey Mr. K,
Didn''t intend to tease&hurt.

About putting something on Ms. American's paint, am thinking about one of the Pigmented Waxes. Maybe a Gold Color. Something to kind of enrich her Chantilly Beige. There are places where her Paint is really good, but other places where it is really dull. Whaddaya think?
Quote:
Usually JC, TIP-IN HESITATION on this era car is usually caused by a mis-adjusted/bad accelerator pump and/or vacuum advance.
"TIP-IN HESITATION"? What is happening is like we've started from a stand-still. Gone to Second Gear. And usually around town, where the Speed Limit is 35 in some places, and 40 in other places, I don't generally go to Third Gear, but rather let the Transmission drop into Second Overdrive. Then we get to Speed Limit, and can back off the Throttle, and as were're going along steadily, can feel like there a kind of "miss" that isn't steady, but rather intermittent.

The reason that I do Second Overdrive instead of straight Third Gear is because over 28 MPH (no matter what gear), the Overdrive will drop in, and Third Overdrive at 30 to 40 MPH "lugs" the 3.14.

There are some places where every-once-in-a-while, am going along at 35 to 40 MPH in Second Overdrive, and can gently push the Accelerator to the floor. The 3.14 starts to respond gradually, and of a sudden, the Transmission "kicks" out of Overdrive into straight Second. The Throttle at this point is wide open, and the kick-down from Second Overdrive to straight Second is AMAZING! GAWD-AWFUL ACCELERATION! Seldom do this. And I back off at about 50 MPH, which is the Speed Limit on the Farm-To-Market Road leading to where we live, BUT the old Gal seems to REALLY enjoy getting to breathe deep like that.

The Engine idles turbine smooth, and other than the mini-burble at just off-throttle, the 3.14 is running WONDROUSLY.

Anyway, am going to be getting ready to mow the Lawns at about 4:30 p.m. Have to fuel up Karel, the Craftsman Riding Lawn Tractor, and check her Oil level.
Quote:
Take it easy in the heat.
By 4:30 p.m., the Weather Guessers are saying it will be 90 degrees, but most of the Lawns are in the shade by 4:30 p.m. Have gotten used to the heat, and 90 isn't too hot for me as long as I'm not doing anything strenuous.

Anyway, am enjoying your "That's when the fight started" comments. Are you making them up? Hope you're doing well. Take care.

JC
Old 08-08-2019, 06:16 PM   #96
Nite-owl

Hi there,

Re
Quote:
GIMPY left leg vs clutch
Except from standstill, there is a way to shift gears without the clutch. I made a sport of it when I was jonger. On up-shifting, apply slight presure to the lever and lift off the gas pedal. When there is no more torque you get into neutral. The tricky part to master is to wait for the gears to line up and then shift. On down-shifting apply slight presure to the lever. When there is no more torque you get into neutral. Floor the gas pedal, let go,(like double clutching, remember that?) and wait for the gears to line up and then shift.

Even from stand-still it's possible, but hard on the car. I once borrowed a VW bus. It had a bad clutch. Of cource it failed when I had it. To get home I had to put in 1st, then start the engine. Bumpy get go. Used the technic above.

Mel
Old 08-08-2019, 07:09 PM   #97
JCAllison

Quote:
Hi there, Re Except from standstill, there is a way to shift gears without the clutch.
Hey Mel,
YES. But even if done CAREFULLY, you can, over time, still mess up the synchronizers. Also, with Ms. American's BorgWarner T85 Overdrive Transmission, one can shift without the Clutch as long as one is going along UNDER 28 MPH. First Gear is NOT Synchromesh, but one can still shift from Second to First without clashing the Gear if it is done below 28 MPH.
Quote:
I made a sport of it when I was jonger.
We all did strange stuff when we were kids!
Quote:
On up-shifting, apply slight presure to the lever and lift off the gas pedal. When there is no more torque you get into neutral. The tricky part to master is to wait for the gears to line up and then shift.
I know that THAT is possible, but am reticent to do it to Ms. American, if for no other reason than her Shift Linkage is REALLY "loosey-goosey". Have done much to tighten it up, but the looseness is in the Shift Levers IN the Transmission.
Quote:
On down-shifting apply slight presure to the lever. When there is no more torque you get into neutral. Floor the gas pedal, let go,(like double clutching, remember that?) and wait for the gears to line up and then shift.
Right. And yes, I do remember Double Clutching. It was necessary in many trucks, as they didn't have Synchromesh Transmissions.
Quote:
Even from stand-still it's possible, but hard on the car. I once borrowed a VW bus. It had a bad clutch. Of cource it failed when I had it. To get home I had to put in 1st, then start the engine. Bumpy get go. Used the technic above. Mel
Ms. American will start in low gear, which I attribute to her having a 4.11:1 Differential. Had to do that on a Crimmas Eve when her Driven Disk Failed. Springs in the Center of the Disk came apart. Also, Lorrie doesn't have an Automatic Lock-Out Switch on her A727 Torqueflite Transmission. and she will start with the Gear Selector in P, R, N, D, & L.

But if you're worrying about my Gimp Left Leg, you don't REALLY need to. Am not going to explain this, but "I" am NOT my body. And while I can "feel" the pain that the body experiences, it's NOT "MY" pain. Besides, the pain that the body experiences from Clutching is so brief, and only happens when Pushing or Letting Off the Clutch. When the Left Leg has the Clutch pushed all the Way DOWN, the Leg is straight, and doesn't hurt in that position.

Have already taken my meds, and am ready for bed, but Karel and I just finished mowing the lawns, and I'm in cool-down mode in front of the fans in the Music/Sound Studio.

Had a pretty nice day. Did a lot catching up with all that was neglected while pushing to get Lorrie's Steering Gear Box sent off yesterday. It's supposed to arrive in Cambridge, Minnesota TOMORROW! Tracked it, and the last place that was listed, it was at the North Houston Distribution Center at 12:51 a.m. this morning.

Anyway, am cool enough to head for bed. Hope YOU and TL are doing well. Take care.

JC
Old 08-10-2019, 11:20 AM   #98
JCAllison

Hey All,
Saturday, August 10, 2019, Not Far From Noon Update:

Went to SAYCO Hardware and got Bolts, Nuts, Washers, and Lock Washers. then stopped at the Circle K for Milk.

Came out of the Circle K, and was walking to where Ms. American was parked, and there was a fellow standing a ways from her, and when the Cane was put in through the open window, this fellow walked up and said: "This your old Ford?" Told him "Yes". He asked: "How much would you take for it?" Stock answer: "How much would you give me for it?" He said thought for a bit, and said: "Actually, am looking for a parts car! Am building a Ford Thunderbolt."

Now I don't know what a Ford Thunderbolt is, so I replied: "You mean a ThunderBIRD?" He said: "No, a ThunderBOLT. Two-Door Hard top with a 410 FE, Four-Speed for drag racing."

I said: "Well, let me tell you about this old Gal. Her name is Ms. American 3.14159, and she is the only 1964 Ford Galaxie 500, Four-Door, Hard-Top, Fast-Back, Police Interceptor that Google finds on the whole world wide web."

His response was: "Really?" He then said: "I didn't notice that it was a Fast-Back. What's the Engine?"

Told him it is 390 FE P-Code with Solid Lifters, Cast Iron Shorty Headers, Kelsey Hayes Severe Service Wheels, Borg Warner Three-Speed T85 Overdrive Transmission, 4.11:1 Differential, and she's almost all brand new underneath this OLD paint job.

He said: "I kind of thought that it might be hi-po because you have the Hood cocked up." I replied: "Oh that's not for any kind of reason. She just need NEW Hood Hinges."

We talked for a bit, but were out in the sunlight, and he finally said: "Well, interesting story... It'd be a shame to part her out."

I asked his name, he said it was "Tracy", I told him my name, we shook hands, and he stood back while I got in, started the 3.14, and backed out. He watched as Ms. American and I headed home.

Anyway, am home for the rest of the day. Need to have some lunch, and then have some stuff to do to Lorrie Van Haul. Hope this finds you all doing well. Take care, and try to stay cool.

JC
Old 08-10-2019, 12:51 PM   #99
KULTULZ

Post Re: The GREAT Ms. American 3.14159 Daily Driver Diary Caper

Quote:
Now I don't know what a Ford Thunderbolt is, so I replied: "You mean a ThunderBIRD?"

He said: "No, a ThunderBOLT. Two-Door Hard top with a 410 FE, Four-Speed for drag racing."

The 1964 FORD Fairlane Thunderbolt was a HI-PO 2DR Sedan released by FOMOCO for SUPER/STOCK COMPETITION for that year along with a LIGHTWEIGHT 1964 CUSTOM.

Both had a 427HR and were sedans for strength and reduced weight. For the AT classes, they used the LINC HX.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1964 FORD Fairlane Thunderbolt _1.jpg (40.0 KB, 71 views)
File Type: jpg 1964 FORD - Custom Q-CODE.jpg (55.6 KB, 73 views)

- DISCLAIMER -

The above posted information is in my opinion only (IMO) and may contain copy and paste material(s).

In addition, any above tech information is supplied in good faith. No responsibility implied or otherwise can be accepted for the way others use or interpret provided data.

Your experience(s), opinion(s) and mileage may vary.

DIAGNOSED CDO - (OCD In Correct Alphabetical Order)

Last edited by KULTULZ; 08-10-2019 at 01:08 PM.
KULTULZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2019, 01:27 PM   #100
JCAllison

Quote:
Originally Posted by KULTULZ View Post
The 1964 FORD Fairlane Thunderbolt was a HI-PO 2DR Sedan released by FOMOCO for SUPER/STOCK COMPETITION for that year along with a LIGHTWEIGHT 1964 CUSTOM.
Hey Mr. K,
Well, you see? There you go! Was kind of amused that Tracy wanted to buy Ms. American for a "parts car". On the way home I apologized to the old Gal for what Tracy had said right in front of her!
Quote:
Both had a 427HR and were sedans for strength and reduced weight.
"HR"?
Quote:
For the AT classes, they used the LINC HX.
"AT"? "HX"? I love it when you talk "High Tech"!

JC