Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 09-17-2021, 06:22 AM   #1
Bowen5573

Default Early V8 Garage - Richard Lacy

Good morning, All,

Has anyone had recent contact with Richard Lacy with the Early V8 Garage? I ordered a Hydraulic Brake Conversion Kit from them for my '32 Tudor, but I haven't been able to reach them recently. I've emailed and called but haven't gotten any response in a while. Just hoping all is ok and that they are just behind in their replies.

Best,
Borron
Bowen5573 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2021, 09:59 AM   #2
Charlie Stephens

Default Re: Early V8 Garage - Richard Lacy

I believe is son Dennis Lacy is on HAMB, https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/

Charlie Stephens
Charlie Stephens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2021, 10:21 AM   #3
Bowen5573

Thank you, Charlie, for the information. Take care.
Best,
Borron
Old 09-17-2021, 01:15 PM   #4
WRA

I went through this same thing about 6 months ago. I’ve bought several kits over the years and have noticed communication has been slow to none in recent years. Emails, voicemails with no response. He would eventually return the call but I found that it would take several attempts and about a week to get a return call.
WRA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2021, 03:24 PM   #5
Bowen5573

Thanks, WRA, for your response. I'll keep trying. This is the first kit I've tried to buy from them, but I understand their quality and attention to detail is outstanding. Take good care.
Best,
Borron
Old 09-22-2021, 09:40 AM   #6
Bowen5573

Hello Everybody,
I just wanted to follow through on my earlier post. I've spoken with Richard several times over the last few days and all is well. Or as least as well as can be expected under the circumstances. Richard advised me that the pandemic has made it difficult to get certain parts from some of their suppliers, but things are getting better and he expects to be shipping my kit very, very soon.

As a side note, I spoke with Richard many times and exchanged numerous emails with him as I worked through my decision to put his brake kit on my all original, 35,000 mile '32 Tudor. His kit is completely "bolt on, bolt off", which is very important to me. My wife and I really enjoy cruising around in our Tudor, but we also want to be mindful of safety features that not only enhance our experience, but also protect us, and our car. I would be devastated if our Tudor was damaged or destroyed in an accident that was potentially avoidable with better brakes, i.e., stopping power. Our car, while original, is a driver, and the worn spots on the driver's running board attest to that.

I know I'm changing the car, but I can live with that knowing it can be changed back if the hankering ever comes to me, or to the folks who come after me. Of course, I will keep all the original parts.

Anyway, thanks for reading this. I really wanted to make sure I let everyone know that Richard is fine and still doing what he does best.

Best,
Borron