Go Back   The Ford Barn > The Swap Meet > Wanted > Model-A

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 08-25-2013, 12:53 PM   #1
callcoy

Default Value Wanted

City: Santa Rosa
State: Calif.

Located a early AR frame with front end and rear end in a field yesterday. This has been converted to a open frame trailer with the front end converted to trailer tongue type steering. The wishbones in the rear have been split and are welded to the frame with the torque tube and pinion removed covered over with a plate. Lets just say it has the early AR backing plates but that is all everything else is gone. Has the early solid engine mount front cross member and the special middle cross member. As can be expected this has been outdoors for many, many years but looks like it could be the beginning of an AR restoration. I would like to establish an approx. value for this and if it is worth my donated time try to sell it for the old timer that owns it, he has said that his children will just have it hauled off when he is gone. I don't want it and would like to see it find a good home at a reasonable price.

Support Your Model A Museum MAFFI.org

Last edited by callcoy; 08-27-2013 at 11:26 AM.
callcoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 10:59 AM   #2
partridgekelley

Default Re: Value Wanted

Hi Steve I would place it's value on it's condition, can you read the frame number and how bad pitted is it? If it looks like it's bent , are there any cracks to deal with. Good Luck with the frame, Gary.
partridgekelley is offline   Reply With Quote