Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-29-2014, 06:54 PM   #1
[email protected]

Default Looking for help

newbie here looking for advice.

I pulled my father's 1930 sport coupe out of storage to try and surprise him by finishing the restoration he started 35 years ago. When he stored it the car was running and just needed interior, top and rumble seat to be complete.

He retired last year and started working on it again but could not get it started. The engine would turn over but not start. For some reason he wanted to pull the head but wound up breaking off the first bolt he was wrenching on. The engine was rebuilt in the late 70s so I know it was running. It was the first car I drove even before I had a license.

I thought I would pull the radiator and fenders to make it easier to pull the motor but I now realize that the body seems to sit on the fenders... So here is my first....of many questions I am sure.

How should I pull the engine? I am not sure how to attach the lift. Given the fact he twisted off one of the head bolts with hand tools I don't want to have the block breaking off the lift? Also can I separate the block from the tranny somehow while it is in the car?

Here are a couple of pictures of the car as it sits. I will make sure and update everyone as I make progress.

Thanks for any help.

Todd
Attached Images
File Type: jpg model a 4.jpg (57.0 KB, 281 views)
File Type: jpg model a 5.jpg (62.6 KB, 244 views)
tnewton@swbc.com is offline   Reply With Quote