Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 12-10-2018, 10:35 PM   #41
Bubsyouruncle

Default Re: Pearl Harbor

Pearl Harbor was a result of US earlier actions.

So was 10-11.

While the results were catastrophic,

Are we sackling for it?
Bubsyouruncle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 02:12 AM   #42
ford38v8

Everything is always the result of compounded prior events, but before we take your bait, please correct your typos so we might have a clue as to where you're coming from.

On second thought, forget about it. We don't need that discussion here.
Old 12-11-2018, 06:51 AM   #43
mfirth

ford38v8, you are SO RIGHT...........................!!!!!! m
mfirth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 11:26 AM   #44
GB SISSON

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubsyouruncle View Post
Pearl Harbor was a result of US earlier actions.

So was 10-11.

While the results were catastrophic,

Are we sackling for it?
And August 6th '45 was a result of earlier Japanese actions..... As for the Fords, I am hoping to finish the wood in my 47 tonner's bed after work today!
Owner/Operator of 'Jailbar Ranch' on the side of Mt. Pickett. Current stable consists of 1946 1/2 ton pickup turned woodie wagon with FH V8, 1947 Tonner Pickup (red) mostly stock with exception of a cummins 6at turbo diesel, 1946 Tonner Pickup (green) with 226 cu in 6 cyl flathead, 1979 Toyota landcruiser wagon, completely encased in 1947 Ford Jailbar sheet metal. Ok, cornbinder rear fenders..... 'Rusty ol' floorboards, hot on their feet' (Alan Jackson)
GB SISSON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 12:12 PM   #45
1948F-1Pickup

Quote:
Originally Posted by barnstuf View Post
I may be the only WWII veteran here on fordbarn.

US Army 29th Division, served in Europe, Omaha Beach to Germany, infantry rifleman.

9th Air Force, Army of Occupation, Germany, in an Air Engineering Squadron running Squadron Supply.
Thank you for what you did.

O-4 USN
retired
1948F-1Pickup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 02:37 PM   #46
50fordcoupeman

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
And for what you did Commander!!
50fordcoupeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 06:37 PM   #47
fourfords

My Uncle Carl Kessel was on a mine sweeper sweeping Tokyo Bay for the signing of Japan's surrender. I asked him what was that was Like to be there during a historical moment? He said: "I couldn't wait to get the hell out of there and back home in West Virginia." As a little kid, I guess I was expecting some patriotic, inspirational statement. His comment still echoes the depth of this event to this day.
fourfords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 09:30 PM   #48
GB SISSON

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourfords View Post
My Uncle Carl Kessel was on a mine sweeper sweeping Tokyo Bay for the signing of Japan's surrender. I asked him what was that was Like to be there during a historical moment? He said: "I couldn't wait to get the hell out of there and back home in West Virginia." As a little kid, I guess I was expecting some patriotic, inspirational statement. His comment still echoes the depth of this event to this day.
The greatest generation just wanted to get home... To West Virginia, Orcas Island, Miami Fla and the Bronx. They had been to Hell and back like most of us can't begin to imagine. I read the books, then fall fast asleep, secure that my homeland will still be the same when I awake. It wasn't a sure thing when they fell asleep. If they did. My father in law came home from the Phillipines hoping never to leave his hometown of Hingham Mass as long as he lived.
Owner/Operator of 'Jailbar Ranch' on the side of Mt. Pickett. Current stable consists of 1946 1/2 ton pickup turned woodie wagon with FH V8, 1947 Tonner Pickup (red) mostly stock with exception of a cummins 6at turbo diesel, 1946 Tonner Pickup (green) with 226 cu in 6 cyl flathead, 1979 Toyota landcruiser wagon, completely encased in 1947 Ford Jailbar sheet metal. Ok, cornbinder rear fenders..... 'Rusty ol' floorboards, hot on their feet' (Alan Jackson)
GB SISSON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 11:29 PM   #49
Lawrie

My Mum worked in the NZ airforce during the war as a typist, she hated the Japanese till the day she died, I told her once ,it was not good to carry the hate for so long, all she would say was,you never saw what they did to our boys,
Lawrie
Lawrie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 10:11 PM   #50
Karl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawrie View Post
My Mum worked in the NZ airforce during the war as a typist, she hated the Japanese till the day she died, I told her once ,it was not good to carry the hate for so long, all she would say was,you never saw what they did to our boys,
Lawrie

Yep My Grandfather would never drive a Japanese car
Interestingly it seems that in WW2 It was the losers that emerged eventually in better shape. Look at the economies of Germany and Japan. I guess every thing got rebuilt with modern technology under the Marshall Plan.

Karl
Old 12-12-2018, 10:26 PM   #51
Tinker

Probably shouldn't post this....

Japan was kicking china's ass up till they messed with the west. Then... well history. greatest generation, including my great uncle whom past there.

Japan is somewhat western now, they retained their culture, which is great. Probably be one of the first to step in for you in the area. But they have no army. To understand asian cultural history back 1000yrs is to understand japanese were top dog in the area.

Being progressive is a good thing or hate. I have a friend that was as a child in the japanese internment camps. Shes a real western lady, very much so, more then most.

You know to rewire NYC with fiber lines is harder then putting new high speed lines in a development in Iowa.

Last edited by Tinker; 12-12-2018 at 11:53 PM.
Tinker is offline   Reply With Quote