Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 11-28-2013, 03:33 PM   #21
Wisconsinjimmy

Default Re: Ebay questions

I do not know either one but they are both from Camino CA
Wisconsinjimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 11:14 AM   #22
ctvpa

When you list, it asks for 'key words'. You should add as many as you can "Model A" "transmission" "1929" "1930" "Ford" etc

look at the category you posted, they have a Model A section under eBay motors.
ctvpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 05:29 PM   #23
msmaron

Send a message via AIM to msmaron

I highly advise you to update EVERY SINGLE listing and describe what you are selling, IE: Model A, B, C, Pinto...ect..NO One will or very few will ever see anything you are listing..This is basic 101 of selling anything anywhere in the world and has nothing to do with ebay, amazon or what ever. Tell us what you are selling instead of "brake springs" good luck and let me know if you need help
National Facebook Admin.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/MARC.group/

A7191-Sport Coupe
29 Roadster
29-Town Sedan
29-Original Special Coupe
msmaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 05:42 PM   #24
5window

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadster62 View Post
The economy sucks to put it honestly, not eBays fault, nobody has play money any more, $4.99 or less WITH FREE postage and you can't sell books or magazines. If you are selling items that fit in a Flat Rate Priority mail box don't overlook the overseas buyers. What may be junk in the USA is something they don't have in flea markets. PayPal makes overseas sales easy, and you get to make a friend in another counrty. Bob
Well, I think folks are a lot more cautious, but i'm not sure the economy really sucks at this point. The DJIA is over 16000, Detroit/Japan are pretty healthy, most companies are doing ok and there's even some more hiring going on around here and places expanding-not perfect, nevr will be-and some of the innocence is gone. But, overall, I think there are still and once again, folks buying stuff.
5window is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 07:56 PM   #25
glenn in camino

grj1942 is Glenn Johnson in Camino, Calif.
glenn in camino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 07:58 PM   #26
62pan

One thing no one has mentioned yet is to insure your items when you ship them. You as seller are responsible per Ebay rules. If it does't arrive you are the one who foots the bill. Its in the fine print, don't ask how I know.
62pan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 06:24 AM   #27
francotirador

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisconsinjimmy View Post
One thing when listing on epay and this is important, make sure you note NO REFUNDS in big bold letters and a loud color reason I say this is some one sooner than later will buy something from you then have buyers remorse once that happens epay will freeze your account on paypal and you will have to jump through hoops to get the hold removed. I listed an American Flyer dual control transformer and you might know the buyer after a couple days had remorse and claimed it was broke even though I listed it as used with no refunds and yes epay froze my account. I have learned my lesson and will not have anything to do with ebay
It doesn't matter what you state in your auctions, no one reads it anyway. And if you sell on ebay you have to accept returns. You will have to eat the initial shipping cost the buyer paid and the buyer has to eat the return shipping cost. You will essentially have no rights as a seller and most buyers have begun to realize that. The more ways you give someone to complain, the more they will.
francotirador is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 06:38 AM   #28
francotirador

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buz View Post
eBay badly needs some competition.
Yes they do. Some years ago when ebay was making a lot of changes, yes, perhaps more than now, Hemming's launched their auction site. I really thought it was going to take off, but it was not well designed and just plain slow. The never got it going and now they have "Buy-It-Now listings online. I'm going to be doing those for now on.

As another poster mentioned, ebay wants to be more like Amazon. They are making it almost impossible for small sellers to sell thereon. Rule after rule. Fee after fee.

It's funny, on ebay a 99.0% positive feedback rating is looked at as being bad. I heard a Geico commercial a few days ago. The "Gecko" bragged that "nearly" 97% of Geico's customers were satisfied with their service. Most sellers would be kicked off of ebay long before they dipped that low. And I'm not even going to get into the ridiculous star ratings system.
francotirador is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 08:13 AM   #29
ronn

5window
Bob Well, I think folks are a lot more cautious, but i'm not sure the economy really sucks at this point. The DJIA is over 16000, Detroit/Japan are pretty healthy, most companies are doing ok and there's even some more hiring going on around here and places expanding-not perfect, nevr will be-and some of the innocence is gone. But, overall, I think there are still and once again, folks buying stuff. __________________

actually, quite wrong......

I used to list 20 items and sell 16
Now I list 20 and sell 2 items

guess what? I don't list anymore. People are not even close to buying what they used to. Not worth the time and consequently, why ebay is running for the hills and pulling rabbits out of their hat. They wouldn't be chasing Amazon if their growth was doing well.....
you certainly don't abandon your "used" platform if you are doing so well.
This is the reason Meg left-nothing more to grow at the bay-maybe a cha chea pet...
ronn is offline   Reply With Quote