Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 12-04-2014, 08:16 PM   #1
FireEngineMike

Default 1940 Panel Delivery Seat Upholstery

I just acquired a second seat for my 1940 1-1/2 ton panel delivery (thank you "42panel") and am wondering if anyone has found a vendor with a pattern for the upholstery and can fabricate an upholstery kit that I could install. My search of the usual Ford parts suppliers came up empty as did my Google search. Also, does anyone know of a source for original or reproduction seat mounting hardware? I read the Feb 2014 thread started by "Harvest", but still need help. The panel delivery came with a drivers seat and the passenger seat was optional.
As always, thanks for any information from the very helpful barners.
FireEngineMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2014, 06:18 PM   #2
harvest

Default Re: 1940 Panel Delivery Seat Upholstery

I think I got the orig tracking for the panel truck seats if needed. I had a local upholstry guy do my seats to the orig skins that were taken off.
harvest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2014, 03:21 PM   #3
FireEngineMike

I'd appreciate it if you could dig out the tracks and at least post a couple of pictures. How did you mount your seats? Did you hang onto the old upholstery? Would also appreciate some pix of the finished seats to help whichever local shop I use. Thanks!
FireEngineMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2014, 07:39 PM   #4
harvest

FEM,i will try and dig out the old seat brackets for you..im sorry, i know i dont have the orig skins..here are the seats that took me over 4yrs to find for my panel.i was lucky to find the orig seats including the rare passenger..they were in rough condition,i did the restoration of the frame work and replaced few springs, then i had a local older gent who lives not far from me who works out of his garage with a light bulb and a leather machine make exact pattern..he did a great job i believe...since i got them back,i've been sleeping along side of these seats and all the chrome ,only cause i dont want them in the shop with all the grinding and overspray..again,i thank Mark in CO who told me about this fordbarn.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg se1.jpg (85.4 KB, 25 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0897.jpg (52.7 KB, 27 views)
harvest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2014, 10:39 PM   #5
41panelmark

Quote:
Originally Posted by harvest View Post
FEM,i will try and dig out the old seat brackets for you..im sorry, i know i dont have the orig skins..here are the seats that took me over 4yrs to find for my panel.i was lucky to find the orig seats including the rare passenger..they were in rough condition,i did the restoration of the frame work and replaced few springs, then i had a local older gent who lives not far from me who works out of his garage with a light bulb and a leather machine make exact pattern..he did a great job i believe...since i got them back,i've been sleeping along side of these seats and all the chrome ,only cause i dont want them in the shop with all the grinding and overspray..again,i thank Mark in CO who told me about this fordbarn.
No problem, they turned out very well. Here is a shot of mine.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC04485 low.jpg (38.5 KB, 24 views)
41panelmark is offline   Reply With Quote