Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 02-11-2016, 12:12 PM   #1
FireEngineMike

Default A Funny Mac's Story

I placed an order for walk-in pick up a few months ago. M'Lady and I were going to stop at Mac's and make it into a nice day trip. Something else came up and then I suspended work on my truck for the winter so there was no hurry. I called once to remove an item that I bought elsewhere. I called Feb 10 to remove one more item and have the order shipped. Mac's sent an email early Feb 11 with a FedEx tracking number. I clicked on the tracking number late morning and FedEx told me that the package had been delivered at 10:13 AM to Lockport, NY, not Webster, NY where I live. Lockport is where Mac's is located. Customer Service told me that the rep yesterday did not update the shipping address to mine, so Mac's sent the package to itself. They are supposed to ship it to me today. Shame on me for not taking time to drive to Lockport to pick up the order and do some sightseeing.
FireEngineMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 12:32 PM   #2
SofaKing

Default Re: A Funny Mac's Story

Wonder if someone printing shipping labels there is being ridden like a circus pony. Never live that down any place I worked.
SofaKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 12:48 PM   #3
FireEngineMike

The rep should have done her job and the person in shipping should have read the label. But I'm laughing at the whole thing, including my delay in dealing with the order.
Old 02-11-2016, 02:27 PM   #4
BUBBAS IGNITION

Actually i have done that before , stuck the return address label on the main ups label and shipped it back to me. gets confusing when you recieved it. To Bubbas from Bubbas. My ups guy never noticed and i paid like 12 bucks to send it to me .
Git it the following day.....
BUBBAS IGNITION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 03:49 PM   #5
TradModelA

I bet it still took two weeks for mac's to get their own package! Some of their own medicine.
TradModelA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 06:09 PM   #6
FireEngineMike

Quote:
Originally Posted by TradModelA View Post
I bet it still took two weeks for mac's to get their own package! Some of their own medicine.
They got it the following day: the package took a round trip between Lockport and the Buffalo FedEx depot. Hopefully I will receive it Friday.
Old 02-15-2016, 10:07 AM   #7
FireEngineMike

The latest: this morning I talked with someone at MAC's in Lockport instead of the Eckler Florida call center. The return was processed Feb 12 and my Visa payment will be credited to my MAC's account. The store will place a new order for the parts and ship them to me. Should happen by Feb 19. Moral of the story is that I should have cancelled the store pickup order and placed a ship-to order. This probably does not happen frequently enough to warrant a defined procedure. I still think it is pretty funny and do not consider it a negative about MAC's.
Old 02-15-2016, 03:14 PM   #8
chap52

At least they didn't send themselves a "Out of Stock, On Back Order" notification.
chap52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2016, 03:38 PM   #9
FireEngineMike

Mac's created the new order and shipped two items (the third is on back order and is labeled "special order" on-line under availability) Feb 17 and the package arrived Feb 18 mid-afternoon. No date expected shown on the order for the third item. Too cold in the storage unit to use any of them.
Old 02-24-2016, 04:31 PM   #10
FireEngineMike

My on-line order info shows an expected ship date of March 19 for the back ordered item.
Old 04-10-2016, 03:07 PM   #11
FireEngineMike

The back-ordered item is a 2-pack of choke/throttle dash grommets. I've received an updated shipping date email from Mac's every week or two since the order was reentered. The current expected ship date is 5/4/2016. I won't go elsewhere since the shipping is covered because of the back-order. I appreciate the update emails and am glad I am not waiting for something important.
Old 04-12-2016, 04:52 PM   #12
FireEngineMike

Final update: the grommets arrived today!! Thank you Mac's.
Old 04-13-2016, 08:35 AM   #13
RandyZ

Let me guess, the grommet is worth $1 and Mac's charged you $10 shipping. Mac's isn't the only one doing this. I just got ripped off by Enco where the shipping and handling was worth more that the one item that they shipped from a separate location.
RandyZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 08:59 AM   #14
FireEngineMike

The pair of dash grommets are $14.95; they are not the round rubber ones you are probably thinking of and that I think of when I hear the word grommet. They were part of a larger order that I changed from walk-in to ship; it got screwed up in the transition. Mac's sent the parts in two shipments because of the back order and did not charge postage for the back order shipment. I agree with you on the minimum shipping charge for small orders.