Go Back   The Ford Barn > To The Editors > Questions & Suggestions

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 05-28-2010, 02:56 PM   #21
Abe Lugo

Default Re: I don't see modified section is that now HAMB

It also looks like some HAMBERs are coming presenting their post about building their hotrod, even though it's a Ford, if it were a still a banger with some fender missing that seems to be a modified Ford, but coming in and showing your Hot Rod project doesn't seem right on this forum. Then pushing HAMB ideas of modifying to the people on here that have been just restoring or collecting original Ford car info doesn't seem cool. Hopefully you'll sort this sort of thing would also.
Abe Lugo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 12:18 AM   #22
Mike V. Florida

Send a message via AIM to Mike V. Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abe Lugo View Post
It also looks like some HAMBERs are coming presenting their post about building their hotrod, even though it's a Ford, if it were a still a banger with some fender missing that seems to be a modified Ford, but coming in and showing your Hot Rod project doesn't seem right on this forum. Then pushing HAMB ideas of modifying to the people on here that have been just restoring or collecting original Ford car info doesn't seem cool. Hopefully you'll sort this sort of thing would also.
I don't think there is a simple answer except for a "Ford HAMB" site where modifications and rodding of Fords is the speciality like the the old Rodder section on the old Ford Barn. Your right, there is way more modification stuff on the this version then there was on the old.
Old 04-18-2011, 05:02 PM   #23
Tom Wesenberg

I installed shims then tightened the bolts and checked. I just happened to take the picture when the bolts were loose.

In the second picture I checked the runout and I also checked the flywheel face. The picture shows me checking the runout, which can ONLY be correct by correctly mounting and grinding the crankshaft. Remember the crankshaft needs to be centered off the flywheel mounting, then the mains can be ground and be perfectly centered with the flywheel mount. There was nothing I could do if this second picture showed the flywheel mount to be off center, except to get another crankshaft and have it correctly ground, or regrind this one if there was enough main journal left. This was an old used "as is" engine I installed for temporary use, and I did the flywheel check for peace of mind.
Tom Wesenberg is offline   Reply With Quote